CHECK HERE FIRST - common suggestions.

Hi everyone !
It's was a long time i have this idea for KSP. Maybe someone havel already suggest it, but i'll still try haha.

My English is not good enough for explain it with words, but i have a video from the NASA. Maybe you name that a "inflatable balon" ? ^^ That sound so cool to be able to create an atmospheric station on Jool ! No ?

If you've got a good french (or you can activate the translation but it look like not really accurate), this guy explain how Venus should a better choice than Mars for exploration:

Edited by PapyDaft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So as an alternative to the [ ] craft switching in scene, can we get the option to right click a craft in view and "Switch To" like in Map View?

The amount of times I've had a craft explode because when I was trying to switch from it to another withing the physics range and accidentally switched to one outside of that range...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if its been posted somewhere else, I didn't see anything when I dug around a bit. I think it would be a nice addition to have a transfer stored data button that functions like the transfer crew button. Does anyone know a work around for this, or do we have to EVA to get our stored data from a docked lander to the parent ship. Any info or cross-tell would be great, Thanks!

On 11/16/2018 at 10:53 AM, DocMike said:

How about allowing a 4x time warp while accelerating at miniscule values (up to 2 m/ss)? Ion thruster burns take sooo long.

(However, I find it surprisingly relaxing, watching the orbit to in/deflate sooooo slowly :) )

Already a thing. Hold down alt while controlling the timewarp keys (< and >) to do solely physical timewarp.

1 hour ago, Xurkitree said:

So, is stock Dv going to go after the next update??

Steam Workshop and the 2 kerbal 1.25m command pod (DLC) should be removed also

Edited by Dfthu

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see more options in the Command and Control area.  For instance:

- Smaller, side attachable remote control units (RCU) (i.e. they don't have to be round and inline with the stack ... not sure why this became the primary part configuration for RCUs.)

- RCUs that require high gain antennas to communicate the further out you go in the Kerbal System

- RCUs that can do celestial navigation to provide course correction recommendations the further out you go

- RCUs that can support video and still picture transmission (with high gain antennas) to the tracking stations for display at the control center

• 2 months later...

Conserning KSP enhanced edition.

Iv been playing KSP on my Xbox since it came out. And I'm extremely happy you guys made a console port. But here is a couple issues I come across regularly.

1. When piloting medium to large sized craft the Xbox frame rate drops quite a bit. This usually wouldn't bother me mutch. But when the frame rate gets choppy, pressing on a part to open it's sub menue becomes near impossible. It rarely reconizese my button presses. I have to spam the part fore 20 - 30 seconds before the sub menue pops up.

2. The in game kspedia mentions "precision flight mode" but after studying the controlls and scouring the internet it seems this option was never implemented into the the enhanced edition.

3. The runway is not perfectly smooth. There are bumps where the destructible parts of the runway meet. Usually not a big deal but it would probably still be a easy fix. (I mean I guess? Iv never coded anything in my life)

Having the option to dumb down the graphics so we can get better frame rates would be nice to.

Another suggestion. It would be verry nice to set custom headings. Say I want to fly 180° at 0° elevation. Basically straight south. Then the craft would keep a steady altitude and heading even when physwarpig. Or say your sending a space shuttle to orbit. The direction of travell is not allinged with the cockpit due to off set engines. So being able to set different headings on your way to orbit could help alot with keeping those hard to controll ships in line.

Anyhow thank you guys so mutch fore being sutch dedicated developers and listing to your community of aspiring kerbalnauts! 

So a lot of people say that the game is frustratingly on playable on Xbox one and PS4 without a keyboard and mouse. But I don't think it's frustrating on unplayable I just think that it's not a bad idea to have keyboard and mouse support for Xbox one and PS4, A lot people say that it's a console version so you have to use a controller but what really makes a console version is the fact that it will run on a console and you don't have to spend a lot of money on a PC. I know that squad won't add keyboard and mouse support for Xbox one and PS4 but but I wish they would take into account that some people actually want it and it would be very useful.

Edited by sicko kerman

• 3 weeks later...

Just a suggestion, but I'd like to have a way to organize save files.  It whould work just like the sub-assemblies. First icon shows all saves (vab/sph should still be separate), other icons are sub-categories.  To move a save file to a sub-category, you right click and select which one to move it to maybe?

I have several craft that are one use, and some that are parts of stations that have to be put together in space.  It would be nice if these could be organized into named folders to cut down on how many you have to scroll through.  Just like in the sub-assemblies, the folders show the name when moused over.  As it reuses existing components in the game, I would think it would be fairly easy to implement.  I would also like to see the ship descriptions text when the mouse rolls over a save file.

In this example the categories are All, Stations, Landers, Refuelers for example. 

uc?export=view&id=1YHSZI_R_z-ep3fS0m5cpm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've spent the last 3 months of so of my KSP game time boating around the shoreline of Kerbin and one thing that would make a pretty big improvement to the visuals would be an overhaul of ground scatter objects.

Here's some specific suggestions regarding this, which are specific to Kerbin, but some of which could be applied elsewhere.

• A wider variety of the existing scatter objects. For example different tree types (pine, palm etc.), rock types (size shape and colour... the latter being coloured to match the local ground texturing,).
  • Object scattering to give regional variation, e.g. near the shoreline in the equatorial latitudes would be palm trees, towards the poles would be pines.
  • Improved scattering. The current system is a bit unreliable to say the least, with weird patchiness and entire areas of scatter objects not being displayed until a scene reload occurs.

This seems like a pretty lightweight improvement to make, especially the art side (half a dozen new scatter objects would probably only take the work of 1 or 2 major vehicle parts).

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2019 at 1:28 PM, ZEROX said:

waht about a borderless fullscreen mode? why isnt there one. (i hpe i didnt miss it )

You did, but it's not an option but a Unity switch so it's easy to miss.

Step 1: Set your game to be windowed and the resolution of your full screen. Exit out.

Step 2: Launch KSP (or set up Steam to launch KSP) like so:

ksp_x64.exe -popupwindow

• 2 weeks later...

I have two suggestions :

- An improved IVA, thanks to which we could move inside our ships and move from modules to modules, and have several new interactions inside the ship, especially with storage or science.

- A stock KAS with more realistics cables, like this :

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.