[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

On 16-3-2016 at 0:11 AM, Tangle said:

Is it possible to make engines not suffer damage from decoupling and immediate engine activation? I don't like my engines overheating in a launch vehicle so quickly... 

Yes, wait a few seconds before activating your engine. 

On 16.03.2016 at 4:11 AM, Tangle said:

Is it possible to make engines not suffer damage from decoupling and immediate engine activation? I don't like my engines overheating in a launch vehicle so quickly... 

I don.t have such a problem.  May be your engines get hit by shroud? Use sepatrons for clear decoupling. 

For me overheating core stage if it was striked by side boosters is Huge fun provided by this mod.  Really love it

Also,  I vote for oxygen leak (TACLS) if capsule is damaged really bad. Would be cool as well

Edited by evileye.x

7 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Yes, wait a few seconds before activating your engine. 

Ah yes, the few seconds that it takes for the ship to flip entirely out of control...

"Yes, don't engineer your ship to flip over."

Oh, shaddup. 

13 hours ago, evileye.x said:

I don.t have such a problem.  May be your engines get hit by shroud? Use sepatrons for clear decoupling. 

For me overheating core stage if it was striked by side boosters is Huge fun provided by this mod.  Really love it

Also,  I vote for oxygen leak (TACLS) if capsule is damaged really bad. Would be cool as well

My nuclear engine was hit by it's own shroud, so it lost all it's fuel. =( Had to send a kerbal out there to get it fixed. Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of KKS? Like a minimum force cutoff or something? A shroud shouldn't damage a fueltank like that, even if it's 4% damage.

Edited by sardia

6 hours ago, Tangle said:

Ah yes, the few seconds that it takes for the ship to flip entirely out of control...

"Yes, don't engineer your ship to flip over."

Oh, shaddup. 

1 hour ago, sardia said:

My nuclear engine was hit by it's own shroud, so it lost all it's fuel. =( Had to send a kerbal out there to get it fixed. Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of KKS? Like a minimum force cutoff or something? A shroud shouldn't damage a fueltank like that, even if it's 4% damage.

I'll look into it when I'm feeling better. I'm still quite ill and have quite a few other assignments at the moment.

One way to scale the damage down a bit more is by turning the malleability up in the engine config file.

Thanks for the consideration. Even 1% damage is mission ending outside the mun. Ideally I'd want a cutoff so that damage doesn't happen until it accumulates to 20%, or not count minor dings as automatically dumping all your fuel. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Quick update:

I'm working on deforming the colliders. Results are promising. 

I'm hoping to roll out an update before the weekend.

Awesome!

Update will roll out tomorrow. 

I've contacted ferram4 about FAR support and it seems that updating the colliders should improve FAR support. Even without the updated colliders FAR should work if I call the correct method. 

I want to test this so I can include it in the update.

Version 0.3:

- Collider deformations (nothing visual, but you will notice).
- Angle of impact influences damage:

• Damage is scaled by the cosine of the angle, e.g.:
    • 0 degrees: damage multiplied by 1 (100% of damage received): 0 degree impact is exactly perpendicular on the surface.
    • 15 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.97 (97% of damage received).
    • 45 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.7 (70% of damage received).
    • 80 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.17 (17% of damage received): scrapes the surface.
    • 90 degrees:  damage multiplied by 0 (0% of damage received): 90 degree impact isn't possible.
  • An angle above 70 degrees is ignored for now. I want to add scratches when an impact scrapes the surface.

9 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Version 0.3:

- Collider deformations (nothing visual, but you will notice).
- Angle of impact influences damage:

• Damage is scaled by the cosine of the angle, e.g.:
    • 0 degrees: damage multiplied by 1 (100% of damage received): 0 degree impact is exactly perpendicular on the surface.
    • 15 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.97 (97% of damage received).
    • 45 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.7 (70% of damage received).
    • 80 degrees: damage multiplied by 0.17 (17% of damage received): scrapes the surface.
    • 90 degrees:  damage multiplied by 0 (0% of damage received): 90 degree impact isn't possible.
  • An angle above 70 degrees is ignored for now. I want to add scratches when an impact scrapes the surface.

Trigonometry.  How fun!

4 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I am pretty sure I've done so after uploading to CurseForge. Can you verify?

Yes I can.  It's up there now.

On 4/4/2016 at 4:21 PM, CliftonM said:

Yes I can.  It's up there now.

Sorry for a potentially stupid question, but this version doesn't work with 1.1 Pre-release yet, does it? I can't find anything on that Curse page that tells what KSP version is it meant for.

3 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Sorry for a potentially stupid question, but this version doesn't work with 1.1 Pre-release yet, does it? I can't find anything on that Curse page that tells what KSP version is it meant for.

It is most definitely going to be broken in 1.1.  Also, there's a new rule (2.3f) which forbids the inquiry of when a mod will be updated.  I know you're not directly asking if it will, but I'm just looking out for you, because you may have not seen it. :)  Don't worry too much about it.  It will be updated when it's updated, though.  It might be a little while, but you're probably not going to want to have this in the pre release, anyway, just in case you run across some bugs.  Trust me in saying this, it'll be worth the weight.

Just now, CliftonM said:

It is most definitely going to be broken in 1.1.  Also, there's a new rule (2.3f) which forbids the inquiry of when a mod will be updated.  I know you're not directly asking if it will, but I'm just looking out for you, because you may have not seen it. :)  Don't worry too much about it.  It will be updated when it's updated, though.  It might be a little while, but you're probably not going to want to have this in the pre release, anyway, just in case you run across some bugs.  Trust me in saying this, it'll be worth the weight.

Thank you! I know better than to ask that question :D Just wanted to check if by some miracle that version is designed for 1.1. Good luck with the development, and thank you very much for your effort!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Quick update regarding KSP version 1.1:

Version 1.1 changed quite a few things regarding particle emitters, colliders, renderers, and other things.

Making KKS functional again will take a while. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Take your time :-)

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Take your time :-)

I didn't. I just skipped a bit of sleep! :lol:

Version 0.3.1 is up:

- Compatible with KSP version 1.1.

If there are any problems, feel free to post them here or message me!

Edited by EnzoMeertens

Hooray! Thanks for the quick update. I can confirm that it does *work* -- however it seems like the part damage resistance is really high. I purposely cartwheeled an airplane from off the runway, and there was hardly any damage/deformity even though wings were sheared off half the fuselage was torn away. The leaking effects do seem to work as well.

I have far too many mods installed already, so I may have something that's overriding part characteristics. I'll start pulling them and see if the Krashiness improves. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.