[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

On 30-4-2016 at 11:00 AM, Kondensator said:

I think i have problem with this mod. I have damage indicator on every part but when it comes to crashing everything just explode. I even tried crashing slight but it explodes.

Are you using any other mods?

Seems that duplicating kerbals bug come back. KIS updated again, 1.2.8 now, and army of glitchy Jebs growing! And in my case this breaks whole savegame, as clones are persistent and very angry, they can glitch out the UI if I somehow disturb one, even trying to recover/delete in TS. Not big deal now in testing games, but can be frustrating if someone catch this bug in their main save.
(Too many mods I think.)
(need more anyway)

Maybe there's any way to eliminate this dependence, so you won't need to fight clones with every KIS update?

9 hours ago, DraWay said:

Seems that duplicating kerbals bug come back. KIS updated again, 1.2.8 now, and army of glitchy Jebs growing! And in my case this breaks whole savegame, as clones are persistent and very angry, they can glitch out the UI if I somehow disturb one, even trying to recover/delete in TS. Not big deal now in testing games, but can be frustrating if someone catch this bug in their main save.
(Too many mods I think.)
(need more anyway)

Maybe there's any way to eliminate this dependence, so you won't need to fight clones with every KIS update?

The only way is me asking the KIS developer to sent a message (kind of like an "event") when a Kerbal equips a tool. At the moment I fire that event myself. 

I will contact him/her as soon as I get off work. I'll also recompile KKS with the updated KIS version.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with any other mods i have installed, but KKS has to be removed because of log spam. Its looking for an old version of KIS and spams the log forever. I'd send you a log, but is over 100 megs.

Yes, even 3.2 is doing this. 

I await a fix. Hope its soon as I am pretty sure I haven't ran into the "wheel" bug on my aircraft BECAUSE of your mod! I'll see this time though. FINALLY , I can play! Please at least put a catch for that exception! I had no idea it was your mod! :P

Edited by Starhero
typo

8 hours ago, Starhero said:

I am not sure if it has anything to do with any other mods i have installed, but KKS has to be removed because of log spam. Its looking for an old version of KIS and spams the log forever. I'd send you a log, but is over 100 megs.

Yes, even 3.2 is doing this. 

I await a fix. Hope its soon as I am pretty sure I haven't ran into the "wheel" bug on my aircraft BECAUSE of your mod! I'll see this time though. FINALLY , I can play! Please at least put a catch for that exception! I had no idea it was your mod! :P

3 hours ago, Lavious said:

Looks like KKS will break every time KIS updates. Perhaps you can implement some sort of version check? (more info in the KIS thread)

Yes, it does. Because I added some of my own functions to check if Kerbals use certain tools. If KIS updates, KKS can't find the library (dll) I am referencing in my build.

2 hours ago, anxcon said:

with reflection, you could drop the KIS dependancy, though should talk to KIS devs and see the proper way to go, other mods have KIS tools

I will send the KIS devs a message today, if I get time.

(Seems I have to work today, instead of tomorrow).

I am terribly sorry about the KIS breaking thing. I figured it wouldn't be a problem. I figured wrong. And I will fix this as soon as possible. 

Thanks for sticking with me!

10 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Yes, it does. Because I added some of my own functions to check if Kerbals use certain tools. If KIS updates, KKS can't find the library (dll) I am referencing in my build.

I am terribly sorry about the KIS breaking thing. I figured it wouldn't be a problem. I figured wrong. And I will fix this as soon as possible. 

No worries, we realize you and all the other mod developers have jobs and lives and do this in your free time, it will all work out.  I just rolled KIS back to a previous version until its all sorted.

Edited by Jade_Falcon
spelling

17 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

No worries at all, been a fun learning experience. Blasting several dozen JebClones off the launching platform when I blast off was quite fun.  The modding community of this game has made it from a good/fun game to an amazing game. I'm sure it will work out.

can you fix the cloning issues, the kks system is casuing my craft to slam to the ground and not explode and allow me to make an EVA mission but when goin back in it causes a clone to stick on the ladder and doesnt allow me to return to space center or time warp because im stuck and cant throw that guy off!

On 5/4/2016 at 3:08 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

Here I came, after a LOT of bug testing, to let you know there was a dependency issue with KIS. But you're already on it! Good luck and thanks again (I kept KKS and temporarily dropped KIS pending the update :wink:)

On 7-5-2016 at 5:46 PM, lude said:

i like this mod a lot

also you can remove the kis issues by removing the kis subplugin

I can't do that, because it will break KIS support. I'm currently working on loosening the link with KIS, so I don't have to recompile every time KIS updates.

On 7-5-2016 at 3:59 PM, Kondensator said:

I am using more than 70 mods and I tried turning on/off all of them and I figured out that Deadly Reentry is making problems with KKS

I will try Deadly Reenty soon! Thanks for reporting this conflict.

On 7-5-2016 at 4:24 PM, supersonicflyingdutchman said:

Updated manually to 0.3.3. It's still not on CKAN...

Yeah. I don't really know how CKAN works. I assumed it updated automagically, but I guess not? I'll have to look into it as soon as I get some free time!

On 6-5-2016 at 0:36 AM, t@ngent said:

Here I came, after a LOT of bug testing, to let you know there was a dependency issue with KIS. But you're already on it! Good luck and thanks again (I kept KKS and temporarily dropped KIS pending the update :wink:)

This is probably one of the best compliments I've ever had! Thank you so much! :3

On 6-5-2016 at 9:09 PM, Wheffle said:

This is a sweet mod.

Thanks! :3
Working on it to hopefully make it into caramel sometime! (Or maybe vanilla?)

21 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Yeah. I don't really know how CKAN works. I assumed it updated automagically, but I guess not? I'll have to look into it as soon as I get some free time!

I think the problem is that the mod is only available on Curse. CKAN isn't compatible with Curse...

The easiest solution is probably to make it available on SpaceDock.

Info: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/FAQ

8 hours ago, supersonicflyingdutchman said:

I think the problem is that the mod is only available on Curse. CKAN isn't compatible with Curse...

It might be better to say that Curse intentionally blocks automated retrieval of mod data (eg by CKAN). A Curse-hosted mod can be in CKAN; but a human has to come and say it's updated every time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.