[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

• 2 weeks later...

ANY modding hero @DMagic, @severedsolo , @JPLRepo, @nightingale ,@Angel-125, @sarbian, @Nils277 keep it from dying and recompile it plz:unsure:  Edit2:WHEN 1.5 rolls out or later just let it not DIE

@severedsolo it would be good combined with your cool Oh Scrap mod

ps sorry that i ping u all ,but all of u are modding legends

Edit:and my last hope for this

Edited by Burning Kan

On 9/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, Burning Kan said:

ANY modding hero @DMagic, @severedsolo , @JPLRepo, @nightingale ,@Angel-125, @sarbian, @Nils277 keep it from dying and recompile it plz:unsure:  Edit2:WHEN 1.5 rolls out or later just let it not DIE

@severedsolo it would be good combined with your cool Oh Scrap mod

ps sorry that i am ping u all ,but all of u are modding legends

Edit:and my last hope for this

Hello!

My apologies for being so unresponsive to this. It's been a really busy time, building my own company and such.

I will read all your comments and try to fix whatever I can.

I will not be making any promises, but I'll try to make an automatic recompile application so mods can be updated without any knowledge of the process. This will probably help quite a few people out (top priority).

2 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

apologies for being so unresponsive

Nothing to apologize,RL always comes first,big THANKS for your fast response as well for your fantastic mod!

No hurry at all,Squad announced 1.5 release for oct. so with bugfixin time i think first stable version for december or so.

and the most work in 1.4.5 apart from the leaking effect(some FX change from update)

Ps And of course much Luck with your Company(hopefully it startup like a rocket!)

Edited by Burning Kan
engl lang

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, BadLeo said:

Good news is that it seems to be working perfectly well on 1.5. Bad news is not actually news, that blue artifact is still there.

Re: the blue artifact, I found that you can remove the EZ_Particlez dll in KKS-Mod to make it disappear. This worked in 1.4, and should still work for 1.5 (have not started a 1.5 install yet, but will soon!).

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

@EnzoMeertens Given your license, do you know if any of the part-testing mods have packaged your visual damage states into their own mods? This is such a great mod for visualization of impacts, I hate to see it slowly fade into obscurity.

Not OP, but none that I know of. Even the failure ones that matched the concept of needing engineers to fix them, etc., simply flash the part red instead of deforming or causing smoke, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems to be working on 1.6.1... Well, I didn't actually crash anything, dunno if it is working properly, mind you. But the blue artifact is still there, so, remove the file Jade_Falcon pointed out.

4 hours ago, BadLeo said:

It seems to be working on 1.6.1... Well, I didn't actually crash anything, dunno if it is working properly, mind you. But the blue artifact is still there, so, remove the file Jade_Falcon pointed out.

I think this is because the particle system changed in Unity. I've tried to fix this yesterday, but didn't get it to work properly yet.

Removing the EZ_Particlez.dll file is probably best for now (if it doesn't cause any other errors when deleting it). At least until I've made a fix for this. I know I keep saying I'll work on this, but... Life... Uh, finds a way... To interfere.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:32 PM, Electrocutor said:

@EnzoMeertens Given your license, do you know if any of the part-testing mods have packaged your visual damage states into their own mods? This is such a great mod for visualization of impacts, I hate to see it slowly fade into obscurity.

Not that I know of. Quite unfortunate, really. I tried to make the mod as easily extendable as possible, but I haven't heard or seen anyone using it. I tried contacting some modders about implementing the "Messenger" mod, made to ease communication between mods, a few years back. But it didn't take off.

It's hard to convince others to use something they didn't make themselves.

Hey Kerbals,

Uploaded new version (0.4.5):

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP version 1.6.1.
  • Updated to use the new Unity3D ParticleSystem (removed EZPZ dependency).
  • Limited the leaks to the boundaries of the part (collider) to prevent weird floating leaks. Although this might still happen as the dent gets bigger and the leak stays in the same place.
  • Updated the download link to use GitHub instead of CurseForge.

Let me know if there's any bugs you'd like to see fixed or features you'd like to see added and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for your patience.

P.S.: If anyone wants to make a pretty new YouTube video about this for the front-page, be my guest! I am sure some of you are better at making pretty videos than me!

Edited by EnzoMeertens

18 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

*BOGGLES*

What. The. Heck!

A very welcome sight, @EnzoMeertens! Thanks for dropping a new version. Can't wait to try it out.

Combined with a recently re-done CollisionFX, we're having fun crashing again. :)

Thanks for sticking around all these years @Beetlecat! You're one of the reasons I keep coming back to this, haha!

Let me know if it works properly in combination with CollisionFX!

On 3/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, MarkusJ said:

Thanks for reply , can you send me  link?If it's possible. (Im noob here dont mind me)

Removed link here. You can find it in the first post.

Edited by EnzoMeertens
Removed link to prevent maintenance of this post

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@EnzoMeertens

I’ve had an eye on this mod for a while, and now it’s updated to 1.6.1 I think I should start using it! I love the idea of my parts crumpling when I crash-land, rather than just exploding.

One question: what is its impact on performance?

It shouldn't impact performance much, if any at all. I don't think I've ever noticed any performance loss during my many hours of testing (I use quite a powerful rig for development though).

If you there's a noticable performance hit, let me know and I'll see what I can do! 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:23 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

Hey Kerbals,

Uploaded new version (0.4.5):

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP version 1.6.1.
  • Updated to use the new Unity3D ParticleSystem (removed EZPZ dependency).
  • Limited the leaks to the boundaries of the part (collider) to prevent weird floating leaks. Although this might still happen as the dent gets bigger and the leak stays in the same place.
  • Updated the download link to use GitHub instead of CurseForge.

Let me know if there's any bugs you'd like to see fixed or features you'd like to see added and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for your patience.

P.S.: If anyone wants to make a pretty new YouTube video about this for the front-page, be my guest! I am sure some of you are better at making pretty videos than me!

@EnzoMeertens

Would it be ok if I get CKAN updated with the current version?

Also, if you were to include a .version file, CKAN would see the updates automatically.

Let me know 

LGG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.