[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

@EnzoMeertens

Would it be ok if I get CKAN updated with the current version?

Also, if you were to include a .version file, CKAN would see the updates automatically.

Let me know 

LGG

Hey LGG, sure! That would be great!

If I recall correctly it has to be uploaded to CurseForge to allow for CKAN to download it? 

I am asking because I am unable to log into CurseForge at the moment because I never merged my CurseForge account with Twitch and now it's not giving me the option to do so.

4 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Hey LGG, sure! That would be great!

If I recall correctly it has to be uploaded to CurseForge to allow for CKAN to download it? 

I am asking because I am unable to log into CurseForge at the moment because I never merged my CurseForge account with Twitch and now it's not giving me the option to do so.

Nope, github is fine, so is spacedock

I'll get it updated for now.

Regarding the .version file, I took the liberty to write one for you.  You will need to replace the data for the URL.  I suggest that before you put it into a release file, that you verify the syntax at http://jsonformatter.org .  I use it every time I make a change, has found numerous mistakes over the years.  Once you have it in a release (don't forget to bump the build number), let me know and i'll get the netkan updated with the new info

{
  "NAME": "KerbalKrashSystem",
  "URL": "<replace with url to an online version of the .version file, make sure it is the raw format>",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/EnzoMeertens/KerbalKrashSystem/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "EnzoMeertens",
    "REPOSITORY": "KerbalKrashSystem"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 0,
    "MINOR": 4,
    "PATCH": 5,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 6,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

And, CKAN is now updated

Hey Kerbals,

Uploaded new version (0.4.6):

Changelog:

• Added repair delay. This delay is currently set to 55 seconds and is lowered by 10 seconds for every experience level:
    • Level 0 engineer: 55 seconds,
    • Level 1 engineer: 45 seconds,
    • Level 2 engineer: 35 seconds,
    • Level 3 engineer: 25 seconds,
    • Level 4 engineer: 15 seconds,
    • Level 5 engineer: 5 seconds.
  • Bug fix for leaks using "deltaTime" instead of "fixedDeltaTime". This shouldn't make any noticable difference.

Let me know if these values are acceptable. They are customizable, but I'd rather have the standard delay to be correct.

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I guess that water landing wasn't as smooth as I thought. I only brought Jeb along, so I can't patch these up. :)

Hide contents

14488F5622E634067DDF69CA3D4AA28E09BDAC75

I'll try another landing in daylight in case it's not obvious that we're looking from below the surface. ;)

Haha! That looks weird, with the leaks at very regular intervals and pointing in almost exactly the same direction.

I'm wondering if that's correct, I'll check it out!

How "unsmooth" was your landing? 

11 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Haha! That looks weird, with the leaks at very regular intervals and pointing in almost exactly the same direction.

I'm wondering if that's correct, I'll check it out!

How "unsmooth" was your landing? 

I think that's a stock craft, and the twin booms are just liquid fuel tanks, so each of them got the same "damage" landing the water -- but not enough to break the plane. Touch-down was was fairly gentle, but obviously rough enough to trigger a KKS damage/leak state.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Hey @EnzoMeertens I have a feature suggestion:

Maybe parts could slowly get more damaged if you're deeper than 400m (the stock pressure limit), maybe eventually being destroyed at a certain depth beyond that.

I can look into that!

To be honest, I didn't even know you could go underwater in KSP.

1 minute ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I can look into that!

To be honest, I didn't even know you could go underwater in KSP.

It's kinda difficult in stock, you can use ore tanks but since KSP was never designed for underwater exploration some of the physics are a bit janky. There are mods that add parts for submarines though.

I'm not really sure why SQUAD implemented the pressure limits if they never intended for players to go underwater.

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm not really sure why SQUAD implemented the pressure limits if they never intended for players to go underwater.

atmospheric pressures can exceed part tolerances if you're descending into Jool. Or at least, one would think they would I honestly haven't ever checked. I've seen some posts about people reaching the "surface" but not sure if they modded their part tolerances or the game also doesn't do anything with them there either

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

atmospheric pressures can exceed part tolerances if you're descending into Jool. Or at least, one would think they would I honestly haven't ever checked. I've seen some posts about people reaching the "surface" but not sure if they modded their part tolerances or the game also doesn't do anything with them there either

Still, descending into Jool is a rather niche thing to do in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @EnzoMeertens,

first off, let me congratulate with you for this amazing mod: I have recently installed it on KSP v 1.6.1 and after a quick test I must say that it really adds to the realism of the game!

I have a doubt though, and maybe you can help me. I am running KKS with a few other mods, most notably KerbalBuildingTime, StageRecovery, ScrapYard an OhScrap!, some of which require Module Manager. After installing KKS (v. 0.4.6), MM throws 4 warnings during the loading screen. Is that normal, or something is wrong with my install? As I said, at first glance everything seems in order, but to be honest I didn't run any test in career mode...

3 minutes ago, gap said:

Hi @EnzoMeertens,

first off, let me congratulate with you for this amazing mod: I have recently installed it on KSP v 1.6.1 and after a quick test I must say that it really adds to the realism of the game!

I have a doubt though, and maybe you can help me. I am running KKS with a few other mods, most notably KerbalBuildingTime, StageRecovery, ScrapYard an OhScrap!, some of which require Module Manager. After installing KKS (v. 0.4.6), MM throws 4 warnings during the loading screen. Is that normal, or something is wrong with my install? As I said, at first glance everything seems in order, but to be honest I didn't run any test in career mode...

Hello!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Could you post the warnings you're getting, that would help me understand what's going on!

6 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Hello!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Could you post the warnings you're getting, that would help me understand what's going on!

Wow, that was fast!

So, I have uploaded for you the loading screen where I get notice of the warnings:

https://i.imgur.com/Tx6FBZ8.png

Unfortunately I don't know where to find them, but if you direct me I will gladly paste them here :)

In the meanwhile here's my full mod list (exported from ckan), in case you might find it useful:

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the portable KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-portable",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2019.04.08.04.25.36",
	"identifier": "installed-portable",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"recommends": [
		{
			"name": "CrewQueueTwo"
		},
		{
			"name": "AVP-2kTextures"
		},
		{
			"name": "AstronomersVisualPack"
		},
		{
			"name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
		},
		{
			"name": "PlanetShine-Config-Default"
		},
		{
			"name": "KS3P"
		},
		{
			"name": "PlanetShine"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "FlightTracker"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalChangelog"
		},
		{
			"name": "EarnYourStripes"
		},
		{
			"name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
		},
		{
			"name": "AstronikiSunflareforScatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "DockingPortSoundFX"
		},
		{
			"name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
		},
		{
			"name": "CollisionFXUpdated"
		},
		{
			"name": "ReentryParticleEffect"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModuleManager"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject-default"
		},
		{
			"name": "Chatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "Kopernicus"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject"
		},
		{
			"name": "TextureReplacer"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer-config"
		},
		{
			"name": "MagiCore"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalConstructionTime"
		},
		{
			"name": "ScrapYard"
		},
		{
			"name": "KRASH"
		},
		{
			"name": "StageRecovery"
		},
		{
			"name": "OhScrap"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
		},
		{
			"name": "ToolbarController"
		},
		{
			"name": "DestructionEffects"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalKrashSystem"
		}
	]
}

1 minute ago, gap said:

Wow, that was fast!

So, I have uploaded for you the loading screen where I get notice of the warnings:

https://i.imgur.com/Tx6FBZ8.png

Unfortunately I don't know where to find them, but if you direct me I will gladly paste them here :)

In the meanwhile here's my full mod list (exported from ckan), in case you might find it useful:

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the portable KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-portable",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2019.04.08.04.25.36",
	"identifier": "installed-portable",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"recommends": [
		{
			"name": "CrewQueueTwo"
		},
		{
			"name": "AVP-2kTextures"
		},
		{
			"name": "AstronomersVisualPack"
		},
		{
			"name": "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
		},
		{
			"name": "PlanetShine-Config-Default"
		},
		{
			"name": "KS3P"
		},
		{
			"name": "PlanetShine"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "FlightTracker"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalChangelog"
		},
		{
			"name": "EarnYourStripes"
		},
		{
			"name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
		},
		{
			"name": "AstronikiSunflareforScatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "DockingPortSoundFX"
		},
		{
			"name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
		},
		{
			"name": "CollisionFXUpdated"
		},
		{
			"name": "ReentryParticleEffect"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModuleManager"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject-default"
		},
		{
			"name": "Chatterer"
		},
		{
			"name": "Kopernicus"
		},
		{
			"name": "DistantObject"
		},
		{
			"name": "TextureReplacer"
		},
		{
			"name": "Scatterer-config"
		},
		{
			"name": "MagiCore"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalConstructionTime"
		},
		{
			"name": "ScrapYard"
		},
		{
			"name": "KRASH"
		},
		{
			"name": "StageRecovery"
		},
		{
			"name": "OhScrap"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
		},
		{
			"name": "ToolbarController"
		},
		{
			"name": "DestructionEffects"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalKrashSystem"
		}
	]
}

Thank you for your reply!

You can find the log file in the Kerbal Space Program folder if I recall correctly. I am not at my PC at the moment, so I am unable to check exactly.

Module Manager logs to the same file as KSP does.

12 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Thank you for your reply!

You can find the log file in the Kerbal Space Program folder if I recall correctly. I am not at my PC at the moment, so I am unable to check exactly.

Module Manager logs to the same file as KSP does.

Okay, I think I have found them in the Logs\ModuleManager sub-folder, or at least I hope that the logs found there are the ones you need. Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p2ogdm3yecszba4/ModuleManager.rar/file

6 minutes ago, gap said:

Okay, I think I have found them in the Logs\ModuleManager sub-folder, or at least I hope that the logs found there are the ones you need. Here you go:

I am unable to open that from my phone, I hope I'll find some time this week to look at it from my PC!

If you're not experiencing any bugs, it should just be fine for now, though!

I am unable to open that from my phone, I hope I'll find some time this week to look at it from my PC!

I tried to paste the logs here, as code, but I thing they are too long and unfortunately the message didn't go through...

6 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

If you're not experiencing any bugs, it should just be fine for now, though!

Okay, in the next days I will test the mod more deeply and I will let you know in case I notice anything strange ;)

Just now, gap said:

I tried to paste the logs here, as code, but I thing they are too long and unfortunately the message didn't go through...

Okay, in the next days I will test the mod more deeply and I will let you know in case I notice anything strange ;)

Great! Let me know! :)

Great! Let me know! :)

Sure I will, in the meanwhile, this is the very end of ModuleManager.log with a more verbose notice of the warnings:

[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:47.077] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Other.cfg
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:47.077] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:47.077] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:47.077] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg
[LOG 2019-04-08 18:16:47.077] Saving Cache
[LOG 2019-04-08 18:16:47.127] Saving cache
[LOG 2019-04-08 18:16:47.328] ModuleManager: 2653 patches applied, found <color=yellow>4 warnings</color>

[LOG 2019-04-08 18:16:47.328] Ran in 3.203s
[LOG 2019-04-08 18:16:47.328] Done!

26 minutes ago, gap said:

You should put the logs on a file sharing site (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and then post a link.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You should put the logs on a file sharing site (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and then post a link.

Thank you for the suggestion; I had already done that, but I think EnzoMeertens  is not at home, and he has problems downloading the logs and opening them on his mobile. Again, here is the link:

42 minutes ago, gap said:

1 minute ago, gap said:

Thank you for the suggestion; I had already done that, but I think EnzoMeertens  is not at home, and he has problems downloading the l

Ph sorry.  I saw the message about posting the logs as code and reacted to that 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.