[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

On 6/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

They were gently nudged by an MMU.  You can watch it here:

This was done on Twitch stream.  This first clip show the where it was gently nudged:

This is the beginning of the docking, it's about 10 minutes or so.  This is the initial docking of the MMU with the Hab, one of the times you will see it bumps a bit hard:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h03m04s

And this one, an hour later, shows the  engineer trying to repair the solar panels:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h59m31s

I've managed to recreate this. Apparently I was using the wrong kind of solar panels. The null-reference exception occured because the solar panels use a "BoxCollider" instead of a "MeshCollider" (which almost every other part uses).

This is fixed in the new version by at least checking the MeshCollider before trying to restore it.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:32 AM, Beetlecat said:

I'm having trouble "damaging" my craft with KKS effects -- KSP.1.7.1 with only KKS and MM installed.

Whether trying to drag wings on the ground mid-flight, or bash a craft into a building, nothing seems to deform or leak, etc. And all remaining parts are still 100%. Pretty much vanilla behavior. Do I need to dial up sensitivity, or has 1.7.1 fudged something for KKS?

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tc1brse90v686c/output_log.txt?dl=0

Seems to be showing KKS binding itself to parts, etc. --though I'm often "just missing something" :)

The log seems fine and everything seems to be loading properly. I am trying to reproduce this, but to no avail. I will try again with a clean install and let you know.

4 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

The log seems fine and everything seems to be loading properly. I am trying to reproduce this, but to no avail. I will try again with a clean install and let you know.

Thanks for taking a look! Being able to mash-up our craft is half the fun. :)

On 6/14/2019 at 6:17 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

Okay -- so I'll apologize for the false alarm, but in trying it out again, i'm getting damages/krash effects as expected.

The only specific difference I could note was that in my previous log, the savegame/game version was 1.7.1. Now, with KKS working, it's at 1.7.2.

I'm certain it was a fresh save with only KKS loaded in the first instance. I have a few other mods loaded now, but nothing that would scream "This mod makes KKS work on your system" to me. :)

On 6/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, Beetlecat said:

Thanks for taking a look! Being able to mash-up our craft is half the fun. :)

So true Beetlecat!
I am also following the threads of some popular failure mods, and they are full with similar reports and comments LOL  :D:D:D

• 2 months later...

I am so excited for KSP2 and I'll definitely try to get this mod working for it as soon as it is possible! 

And I definitely hope to see you guys there and perhaps even play the Multiplayer with you. 

I'll keep KKS updated for KSP1 as much as I can. If anyone experiences issues with it, let me know.

Has anyone had any issues with this mod and part clipping? I'm occasionally getting weird kraken attacks on the launchpad, which seem to be specific to particular saved vessels, and the only common features I can identify is that seems to only happen where there are clipping parts, and it seems to cause KKS damage (seems like sometimes enough to destroy entire parts) immediately on loading a new launch - in fact, the damage seems to occur while the game is still loading, with the sound effect and sometimes a puff of smoke happening while the rest of the screen is still black.

Have disabled the mod - which is a shame since it's a fantastic mod! - it looks as if the problem's gone away now. Or at least the most recent craft to have the issue is no longer having it - admittedly it's very slow and difficult to conclusively trace bugs in heavily modded KSP.

EDIT: FOR love'S SAKE. Turns out (as I kind of suspected) that the KKS stuff was just a symptom and not the underlying problem. The Kraken has re-emerged. I hate this game sometimes.

EDIT2: Huh, looks like it's an autostrut Kraken - turns out there is such a thing as too much autostrut! Hopefully I should be able to reinstall KKS safely :lol:

Edited by baldamundo

6 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Has anyone had any issues with this mod and part clipping? I'm occasionally getting weird kraken attacks on the launchpad, which seem to be specific to particular saved vessels, and the only common features I can identify is that seems to only happen where there are clipping parts, and it seems to cause KKS damage (seems like sometimes enough to destroy entire parts) immediately on loading a new launch - in fact, the damage seems to occur while the game is still loading, with the sound effect and sometimes a puff of smoke happening while the rest of the screen is still black.

Have disabled the mod - which is a shame since it's a fantastic mod! - it looks as if the problem's gone away now. Or at least the most recent craft to have the issue is no longer having it - admittedly it's very slow and difficult to conclusively trace bugs in heavily modded KSP.

Thank you for reporting this! Perhaps I can easily fix this by ignoring damage until the craft launches? That might be better anyway.

1 hour ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Thank you for reporting this! Perhaps I can easily fix this by ignoring damage until the craft launches? That might be better anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily rush to fix it. It's possible that your mod's actually reduced the severity of the bug by leaving the parts merely deformed when they might otherwise get destroyed!

• 1 month later...

JzRFEhr.jpg

Airplane plus parts still deform way too much on impact. The wing shown here is a part of Airplane plus, and I've also had way too much spaghetti with the main rotor after crashing into the VAB
I haven't been here in a long time, so I don't know if there's some patch or something for this maybe?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the other cfgs that are available to be created and I'll try those when I have time. I'll even try to test each part in the addon. You can disregard this if you want, but I'll leave it up just in case someone has another patch or something like that :)

Edited by UltimateFlash15

• 1 month later...

I'm running KSP v1.8.1 with KerbalKrashSystem mod v0.4.7 installed, and during bootup of KSP, the KSP.log files gets the following 3 warnings listed in it...

[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg
[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg
[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg

I'll attach a copy of my KSP.log for you.

KSP.log

I've listed this as an issue on the mod's GitHub site. If you need any further help, just contact me here via GitHub. I've set it to email me.

Thanks for creating an awesome mod! I absolutely love using it.

@GJNelson quickly looking at your log, you have quite a lot of mods. I notice off the bat, that you have at least Throttle Controlled Avionics installed, which I am pretty sure hasnt been updated for 1.8.0 yet. I see some other mods I'm not sure are updated for 1.8 yet either.

I would, upon game startup, reset any version compatability overides you may have set in KSP-AVC, and recheck for 1.8.x compatability on those mods that would nao show as yellow. Then also, either check with CKAN, or manually check the thread for compatability status of any mod that KSP-AVC doesnt do checking for.

Also, [WRN]s in the KSP.log are not necessarily show-stoppers. Unless you are seeing actual issues *in-game* during play, they can generally be ignored. Its not a bad idea to let the mod dev know you're getting them, but before doing so, its usually best to test on a *fresh*, stock KSP install with *only* the mod in question, and any *required* dependencies installed.

Edited by Stone Blue

On 11/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, Stone Blue said:

@GJNelson quickly looking at your log, you have quite a lot of mods. I notice off the bat, that you have at least Throttle Controlled Avionics installed, which I am pretty sure hasnt been updated for 1.8.0 yet. I see some other mods I'm not sure are updated for 1.8 yet either.

I would, upon game startup, reset any version compatability overides you may have set in KSP-AVC, and recheck for 1.8.x compatability on those mods that would nao show as yellow. Then also, either check with CKAN, or manually check the thread for compatability status of any mod that KSP-AVC doesnt do checking for.

Also, [WRN]s in the KSP.log are not necessarily show-stoppers. Unless you are seeing actual issues *in-game* during play, they can generally be ignored. Its not a bad idea to let the mod dev know you're getting them, but before doing so, its usually best to test on a *fresh*, stock KSP install with *only* the mod in question, and any *required* dependencies installed.

Yeah, I've got several mods that are out of date, but that have simply not been updated and listed as KSP v1.8.1 compatible. Concerning the [WRN] listing, my understanding is it more than likely is not a problem, and hasn't been a problem for me, but I thought I'd mention in case it could help with the mod's support. I appreciate your taking time out to check into this for me. I regularly check mod forums that are outdated to look for updates CKAN might not be aware of, plus to see what other users like me are posting. I tend not to use KSP AVC override features, so as to not miss anything that might become a problem.

I've continued to use Kerbal Krash System and haven't seen any adverse issues, other than these 3 warnings being mentioned by KSP AVC during game bootup. I love this mod and will be continuing to use it. Thanks for taking time out to insure I wasn't experiencing worse issues!

Edited by GJNelson

On 11/12/2019 at 8:10 AM, GJNelson said:

I'm running KSP v1.8.1 with KerbalKrashSystem mod v0.4.7 installed, and during bootup of KSP, the KSP.log files gets the following 3 warnings listed in it...

[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg
[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg
[WRN 08:41:42.020] 1 warning related to GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg

I'll attach a copy of my KSP.log for you.

KSP.log

I've listed this as an issue on the mod's GitHub site. If you need any further help, just contact me here via GitHub. I've set it to email me.

Thanks for creating an awesome mod! I absolutely love using it.

I just looked at the current release.  Those three files do not exist in it.  I suggest you remove the mod entirely and then reinstall it.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just looked at the current release.  Those three files do not exist in it.  I suggest you remove the mod entirely and then reinstall it.

I uninstalled the mod, then downloaded it via it's GitHub website. The zip file I get from the KerbalKrashSystem titled as KerbalKrashSystem_0.4.7_2019-04-26.zip contains these 3 CFG files...

• Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs
  • KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs
  • KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs

CKAN is being told to download this zip and install it. Is the wrong zip being posted? Because even my manually downloading this zip obtains the same zip file, containing these same 3 CFG files, that I gather should not be there?

Uninstalling the mod and making sure it's folder in GameData is deleted, manually going to the GitHub website and downloading the install zip file, unzipping it, gets the same files for me, which causes KSP v1.8.1 to give me the "warnings" I've been getting. I'm really confused now and appreciate any help I can get. It's not causing and ingame crashes or problems, but I just thought I would report.

Just now, GJNelson said:

I uninstalled the mod, then downloaded it via it's GitHub website. The zip file I get from the KerbalKrashSystem titled as KerbalKrashSystem_0.4.7_2019-04-26.zip contains these 3 CFG files...

• Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs
  • KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs
  • KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg  ===>  located in the folder ===>  /GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs

CKAN is being told to download this zip and install it. Is the wrong zip being posted? Because even my manually downloading this zip obtains the same zip file, containing these same 3 CFG files, that I gather should not be there?

Uninstalling the mod and making sure it's folder in GameData is deleted, manually going to the GitHub website and downloading the install zip file, unzipping it, gets the same files for me, which causes KSP v1.8.1 to give me the "warnings" I've been getting. I'm really confused now and appreciate any help I can get. It's not causing and ingame crashes or problems, but I just thought I would report.

Ah, nuts.  My bad.  This mod is set up in a very unusual manner, I missed those files.

And I see the problem.

In each file, you will see something like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]

This is incorrect, although it won't hurt anything.  The problem is the FOR, it should be this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]

My apologies for the bad info earlier.

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ah, nuts.  My bad.  This mod is set up in a very unusual manner, I missed those files.

And I see the problem.

In each file, you will see something like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]

This is incorrect, although it won't hurt anything.  The problem is the FOR, it should be this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]

My apologies for the bad info earlier.

I much appreciate the info. I use Notepad++ and will edit the 3 config files to remove the FOR statements. I was hoping it wasn't causing problems, and didn't seem to.

I greatly appreciate your efforts, LinuxGuruGamer, especially your support of mods that would not be available if not for your willingness to "adopt" them.

1 minute ago, GJNelson said:

I much appreciate the info. I use Notepad++ and will edit the 3 config files to remove the FOR statements. I was hoping it wasn't causing problems, and didn't seem to.

I greatly appreciate your efforts, LinuxGuruGamer, especially your support of mods that would not be available if not for your willingness to "adopt" them.

They weren't causing problems.  They are old, and when ModuleManager got updated, it got a bit stricter on the syntax.  The FOR was being ignored

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, JeffreyCor said:

Found a ton of errors hitting with this installed in 1.8.1 when a part is placed in building a vessel. Pulled this mod back out and the problem is completely gone. I think it's a DLL issue with the new version of Unity that 1.8.x uses now.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vrf9t5ziue2p4a/Player.log?dl=0

On 3/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, MK3424 said:

Any news of an update of this amazing damage mod?

I'm adopting this, working on a beta release now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.