[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

1 hour ago, gap said:

Okay, I think I have found them in the Logs\ModuleManager sub-folder, or at least I hope that the logs found there are the ones you need. Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p2ogdm3yecszba4/ModuleManager.rar/file

I took a look at the files.  The warnings can be ignored, see my message to Enzo below:

@EnzoMeertens You have the same problem in 4 lines::

[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Other/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Exclude],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*],!MODULE[ModuleWheel],~PhysicsSignificance[1]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Other]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Repair]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]

have both an AFTER and a FOR. you can't have both.  Remove the FOR.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I took a look at the files.  The warnings can be ignored, see my message to Enzo below:

@EnzoMeertens You have the same problem in 4 lines::

[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Other/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Exclude],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*],!MODULE[ModuleWheel],~PhysicsSignificance[1]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Other]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Repair]
[WRN 2019-04-08 18:16:44.933] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]

have both an AFTER and a FOR. you can't have both.  Remove the FOR.

Amazing, thank you again LGG!

@EnzoMeertens

I've been getting random NullRefs from KKS_Leak.FixedUpdate when returning to the Editor. 

I took a look at the code, and have wrapped all possibilities where it can happen with debugging code, and put this into my career game.  This way, if/when it happens again, I'll have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

I dislike NullRefs intensely, because a random, harmless  nullref can hide a significant one.

Once I have this fixed, I'll push a PR to you

LGG

On 4/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@EnzoMeertens

I've found the nullref and fixed it, submitted a PR to you.

I also removed unnecessary FORs in the config files and included that in the PR as well.  The FOR clauses were being ignored and just making noise in the log file

Hey, thanks! I've merged your PR into the project.

I'll also upload a new version that includes these fixes!

Edit: Has anyone tried to use this with 1.7.0 yet? I hope I'll get around to testing this ASAP so I can update the tag for this topic.

Edited by EnzoMeertens

7 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Hey, thanks! I've merged your PR into the project.

I'll also upload a new version that includes these fixes!

Edit: Has anyone tried to use this with 1.7.0 yet? I hope I'll get around to testing this ASAP so I can update the tag for this topic.

@EnzoMeertens

I have just tested your latest release of KKS (v0.4.7) over KSP v1.7.0.

Module Manager still throws three warnings:

[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]
[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Repair]
[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]

for the rest, everything seems to work flawlessly. I just crash-landed in the Mun-landing tutorial mission, and I got 25% damage to the engine.

Edited by gap

50 minutes ago, gap said:

@EnzoMeertens

[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Leak/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Container]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Leak]
[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Repair/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Repair]
[WRN 2019-04-26 18:58:19.847] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-mods/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/Configs/KerbalKrashSystem_Science/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]

@EnzoMeertens

Quick update: that's weird, but after closing KSP and running it again, the above MM warnings are gone. Well done!

23 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Has anyone tried to use this with 1.7.0 yet? I hope I'll get around to testing this ASAP so I can update the tag for this topic.

Not any problems I can see, stock parts or modded. Things get busted up, leak, and overheat as usual. Perfect!

Thank you for making our explosions simultaneously less explosion-y yet infinitely more entertaining-y for the past three years!

17 hours ago, gap said:

@EnzoMeertens

I have just tested your latest release of KKS (v0.4.7) over KSP v1.7.0.Module Manager still throws three warnings:

Spoiler

for the rest, everything seems to work flawlessly. I just crash-landed in the Mun-landing tutorial mission, and I got 25% damage to the engine.

17 hours ago, gap said:

@EnzoMeertens

Quick update: that's weird, but after closing KSP and running it again, the above MM warnings are gone. Well done!

Great! I love it when things fix themselves! :D

Thanks for testing!

1 hour ago, GearsNSuch said:

Not any problems I can see, stock parts or modded. Things get busted up, leak, and overheat as usual. Perfect!

Thank you for making our explosions simultaneously less explosion-y yet infinitely more entertaining-y for the past three years!

Thank you so much for the amazing compliment! I am glad you're enjoying it! :)

Up to another three years!

On 5/2/2019 at 12:59 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@EnzoMeertens

Have you ever thought about adding the requirement for spare parts (ie:  repair kits) to be needed for repairs?

I used to have a "tool" requirement, that used Kerbal Inventory System's tools to fix parts. This required you to take a few wrenches with you just in case something went wrong.
But this required a dependency on KIS, which meant updating KKS everytime KIS updated, so I ditched that idea.

The idea of having spare parts with you is something I'd really like to add, but would probably require designing parts, which isn't my forte. I feel like this might also influence the game more than I'd like(?)
I am merely speaking for how I experienced the game together with other mods, though! I'd love to hear others about this! I'm definitely open to adding spare parts if people want this!

8 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I used to have a "tool" requirement, that used Kerbal Inventory System's tools to fix parts. This required you to take a few wrenches with you just in case something went wrong.
But this required a dependency on KIS, which meant updating KKS everytime KIS updated, so I ditched that idea.

You can make it optional by checking to see if KIS is installed.  Shouldn't be too difficult to make an API using Reflection.  And as long as the interface doesn't change, you shouldn't have to rebuild KKS.

8 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

The idea of having spare parts with you is something I'd really like to add, but would probably require designing parts, which isn't my forte. I feel like this might also influence the game more than I'd like(?)

Needing a "spare parts kit" doesn't mean redesigning parts.  Just making it necessary to have enough spare parts in (whatever), and be able to reduce the spare part count as necessary.

And of course, make it optional

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You can make it optional by checking to see if KIS is installed.  Shouldn't be too difficult to make an API using Reflection.  And as long as the interface doesn't change, you shouldn't have to rebuild KKS.

Reflection is notoriously slow, though. I wouldn't want anyone to experience any slowdowns/frame drops because of KKS. And hopefully KKS has also helped to reduce this in some way by reducing the frame drops caused by explosions/destruction of parts.
Constantly checking if a Kerbal has a wrench equipped is highly inefficient. I've tried to get around the constant checking, but this requires collaboration between modders which is hard to achieve.

Needing a "spare parts kit" doesn't mean redesigning parts.  Just making it necessary to have enough spare parts in (whatever), and be able to reduce the spare part count as necessary.

The spare parts require storage space, which would be some form of container(?) This could either be an existing part which has to be modified with an extra type of resource. Or a completely new part, which would require a different design than the existing ones to avoid confusion between existing mod/stock parts.

Or am I not seeing what you mean?

And of course, make it optional

Of course! That's the main reason for "KKS mods", that way players can mix and match whatever gameplay mechanics they desire'
- If leaks are annoying: remove KerbalKrashSystem_Leak.
- If repairs are unrealistic: remove KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.
- If the destruction of collected science makes the game too hard: remove KerbalKrashSystem_Science.

I really like the idea of requiring to take spare parts with you just in case something goes wrong, but I wouldn't want it to be a nuisance or cause confusion among players!

6 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Reflection is notoriously slow, though. I wouldn't want anyone to experience any slowdowns/frame drops because of KKS. And hopefully KKS has also helped to reduce this in some way by reducing the frame drops caused by explosions/destruction of parts.
Constantly checking if a Kerbal has a wrench equipped is highly inefficient. I've tried to get around the constant checking, but this requires collaboration between modders which is hard to achieve.

You can solve that many times by doing the reflection calls one time, if possible in an initialization routine

6 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

The spare parts require storage space, which would be some form of container(?) This could either be an existing part which has to be modified with an extra type of resource. Or a completely new part, which would require a different design than the existing ones to avoid confusion between existing mod/stock parts.

Or am I not seeing what you mean?

For non-KIS games, I would just mod in a virtual container into each command pod

On 5/2/2019 at 12:59 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@EnzoMeertens

Have you ever thought about adding the requirement for spare parts (ie:  repair kits) to be needed for repairs?

On 5/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, EnzoMeertens said:

I am merely speaking for how I experienced the game together with other mods, though! I'd love to hear others about this! I'm definitely open to adding spare parts if people want this!

I for one would welcome the introduction of a more articulated and realistic damage repair system to KKS. I have no experience of KSP coding that I can share, but if any custom 3D model is required, I would gladly assist you with that.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, gap said:

@EnzoMeertens

On 4/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, gap said:

@EnzoMeertens

On 4/27/2019 at 1:22 PM, EnzoMeertens said:

Great! I love it when things fix themselves! :D

Thanks for testing!

@EnzoMeertens

For your information I got again the three MM warnings. So far they have always been thrown the first time I ran the game after installing/updating a plugin (I usually do that using CKAN). If I close the game and I run the game, the warnings are no longer there. I am not bothered by that, by thought you might be interested :)

• 2 weeks later...

@EnzoMeertens

Got an error this evening when trying to repair broken solar panels (the collapsable 1x6).

The exception is below:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KKS.KerbalKrashSystem.Repair (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Repair.Repair () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update(

Log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lds7mmsgt30nav2/ExceptionLogKSS.zip?dl=0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@EnzoMeertens

Got an error this evening when trying to repair broken solar panels (the collapsable 1x6).

The exception is below:

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KKS.KerbalKrashSystem.Repair (Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Repair.Repair () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update(

Log file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lds7mmsgt30nav2/ExceptionLogKSS.zip?dl=0

I'll check this out as soon as I get back!

Thank you for reporting it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 1:39 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Your welcome.  I'll leave the log file until you tell me you dont' need it

How did you manage to damage the solar panels in such a way that they become "repairable"? I am unable to replicate this without breaking them completely which renders them unusable (not even selectable by Kerbals).

3 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

How did you manage to damage the solar panels in such a way that they become "repairable"? I am unable to replicate this without breaking them completely which renders them unusable (not even selectable by Kerbals).

They were gently nudged by an MMU.  You can watch it here:

This was done on Twitch stream.  This first clip show the where it was gently nudged:

This is the beginning of the docking, it's about 10 minutes or so.  This is the initial docking of the MMU with the Hab, one of the times you will see it bumps a bit hard:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h03m04s

And this one, an hour later, shows the  engineer trying to repair the solar panels:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h59m31s

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'm having trouble "damaging" my craft with KKS effects -- KSP.1.7.1 with only KKS and MM installed.

Whether trying to drag wings on the ground mid-flight, or bash a craft into a building, nothing seems to deform or leak, etc. And all remaining parts are still 100%. Pretty much vanilla behavior. Do I need to dial up sensitivity, or has 1.7.1 fudged something for KKS?

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tc1brse90v686c/output_log.txt?dl=0

Seems to be showing KKS binding itself to parts, etc. --though I'm often "just missing something" :)

Can this be configured to globally adjust water impact damage in the friendly direction? As cool as this is that's really the mod im looking for, and going through and changing the water impact speed tolerance for each part individually doesn't sound like too much fun :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.