[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

Feature idea: Things getting stuck together.

Sometimes as two elements crash into each other, they would refuse to come apart. Say, your ship crashed into the stace spation, and its nosecone is stuck in a fuel tank. You need to send an engineer to extricate it.

Likehood of stuff getting stuck increases with damage dealt to one or both at once. So a light bump will dent, but if you go from healthy to 10% away from exploding in one hit, you're likely to get the part caught up in the target, and two crafts become one.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, CalculusWarrior said:

Right, so no one has asked this as of yet: what's the story on updating the mod to 1.2? Is it being worked on?

looks like EnzoMeertens last visit september 3................................. 

so no hope for us :(

On 10/14/2016 at 1:41 PM, *MajorTom* said:

That's not a tremendously long amount of time -- so don't give up hope just yet. :wink:

@EnzoMeertens gets a ping, just in case... :wink:

Edited by Beetlecat

On 14-10-2016 at 10:41 PM, *MajorTom* said:

Not necessarily true.
I actually wanted to work on this today, but didn't get around to it.

Due to real life software engineering I am mostly not in the mood to code during my very limited free time. I am terribly sorry about not supporting this as well as I should.

22 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Not necessarily true.

Due to real life software engineering I am mostly not in the mood to code during my very limited free time. I am terribly sorry about not supporting this as well as I should.

Take your time. :cool: Real life is way more important.

On 10/16/2016 at 3:34 PM, EnzoMeertens said:

Not necessarily true.

No apology necessary. your post has brought joy the the masses :) Any time at any point that you put into this mod is greatly appreciated by all :)

On 10/25/2016 at 5:46 PM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

I wonder if in 1.2 we can add this to kerbals...

Oh, so we can bash their helms open in a Vacuum if they fall over too hard? Great idea!.... Eh.. that sounds bad actually, and painful for the Kerbal.

Edited by BlueNightfury00786

On 30-10-2016 at 4:50 PM, BlueNightfury00786 said:

Oh, so we can bash their helms open in a Vacuum if they fall over too hard? Great idea!.... Eh.. that sounds bad actually, and painful for the Kerbal.

I've always wanted to try this. Could be funny!
Someone in this thread claimed to have succeeded at it. No mention of how, though.

14 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

maybe add some lift loss to damaged wings?

That's a really good idea!
Definitely putting that on the TODO-list. 

Maybe I should also look into an "Updater" for mods. Most of the times going from one KSP version to another is just compiling it using a different KSP library. Should be possible to do this automagically.

I'll work on KKS this weekend. At least get it working for the latest KSP version.

On 4-11-2016 at 6:14 PM, Sisco said:

Awesome! Why is this not stock? When i first discovered this mod i was amazed.. 

unfortunately for me i ALWAYS tend to fall for the latest (always) broken KSP version –.–;

Well, it should be working with the current KSP version as soon as it updates on Curse.

Wish I could've done more, but I'm abroad for work for a while.

Version 0.3.8:
- Updated to KSP version 1.2.

@EnzoMeertens

Hi, I was just wondering about something. Previously (in KSP v1.0.5, 1.1) there was a function in the right-click menu to repair a damaged part. However in the current version this button seems to have disappeared from the right-click menu. Have I installed something wrong, or can parts now only be repaired by an engineer on EVA? I haven't had time to check. Thanks :) 

One more idea. As we know, solar panels, even static, can broke (not explode) on hit with something.

I drived rover with two static solar banels. It ollided with sitting down aircraft (science purposes :D)

Rover is operational, on wheels, get some KKS damage (leaking battery, ets). And both solar panels has "Status: Broken" and "Damage: 45%". Engineer repaired panels, now we have "Damage: 0%", but stil "Status: Broken".

Can you implement solarPanel damage type: MM applies it to SP only, output will be nominal - damage percent  (10% damage is 0.9 of nominal generating, 60% is 0.4 efficiency,  if damage >= 100% -> no output or/and forced "Status: Broken".).  When Engineer try to repair SP, status going back to nominal.

And what about "repair resource"? You use it when repair something. Repairing 6% damage on FL-T100 will need a small amount, but restoring a Jumbo-64 with 140% must be much harder. 

On 18-11-2016 at 10:18 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

@EnzoMeertens

Hi, I was just wondering about something. Previously (in KSP v1.0.5, 1.1) there was a function in the right-click menu to repair a damaged part. However in the current version this button seems to have disappeared from the right-click menu. Have I installed something wrong, or can parts now only be repaired by an engineer on EVA? I haven't had time to check. Thanks :) 

On 18-11-2016 at 8:00 PM, AnonymousAerospace said:

@TheEpicSquared Same happens to me. not sure if its a bug or if it was removed on purpose. @EnzoMeertens, do you have any answers? 

:) 

Thanks for reporting this. I hadn't noticed the repair function not working.

The repair button should just be visible to any Kerbal on EVA. 

I will look into this on Tuesday. 

10 hours ago, Jenyaza said:

One more idea. As we know, solar panels, even static, can broke (not explode) on hit with something.

I drived rover with two static solar banels. It ollided with sitting down aircraft (science purposes :D)

Rover is operational, on wheels, get some KKS damage (leaking battery, ets). And both solar panels has "Status: Broken" and "Damage: 45%". Engineer repaired panels, now we have "Damage: 0%", but stil "Status: Broken".

Can you implement solarPanel damage type: MM applies it to SP only, output will be nominal - damage percent  (10% damage is 0.9 of nominal generating, 60% is 0.4 efficiency,  if damage >= 100% -> no output or/and forced "Status: Broken".).  When Engineer try to repair SP, status going back to nominal.

And what about "repair resource"? You use it when repair something. Repairing 6% damage on FL-T100 will need a small amount, but restoring a Jumbo-64 with 140% must be much harder. 

Repairing resource is something I've been thinking about for a long time, but I am afraid this might change the gameplay too much.
The only limiting factor I want to introduce to the game is a timer. Allowing repairs to be done once every ten seconds (or so) will punish you quite a bit for crashing your vessel, but not make it a major game changer (I hope).

I will also look into the solar panel damage on Tuesday!

31 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Thanks for reporting this. I hadn't noticed the repair function not working.

The repair button should just be visible to any Kerbal on EVA. 

I will look into this on Tuesday. 

Oh, I didn't mean that it doesn't appear on EVA (although I haven't checked yet). I meant that it didn't show up when I was flying a craft normally (i.e. with the kerbal inside a crew capsule. In previous versions I could access the repair function through the right-click menu without having to EVA, now I can't.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)  

EDIT: @AnonymousAerospace Is that happening to you too?

Edited by TheEpicSquared

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.