[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

30 minutes ago, Greystripe3 said:

Right... So I am using Airplane Plus, and just like @Murican_Jeb, I am getting extreme deformation and spiking at even the slightest amount of damage with the mod's parts.

Hide contents

mTmoGee.png

I'll check this out as soon as I have some free time. Perhaps a simple config file could fix that.

E.g.:

Spoiler

(I am not sure if this will work, I haven't tested it)

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Exclude],@MODULE[FS*]]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Other

_toleranceScaling = 3.0
		_malleability = 1.0 //Lower this if the deformations are too extreme.
	}
}

1 minute ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I'll check this out as soon as I have some free time. Perhaps a simple config file could fix that.

E.g.:

Hide contents

(I am not sure if this will work, I haven't tested it)

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Exclude],@MODULE[FS*]]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Other

_toleranceScaling = 3.0
		_malleability = 1.0 //Lower this if the deformations are too extreme.
	}
}

Thanks mate, I may test it and see how it works out.

• 3 weeks later...

BDArmory support would be very nice for this. It would allow a greater chance of survival for near hit explosions from missiles. It'd be interesting to see what the AI can do with a plane that's all there but chewed on a bit. I've seen it fly some planes that are half shot away, even sometimes a jet missing one wing and an engine emerge from battle the last plane flying.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2017 at 5:33 PM, Galane said:

BDArmory support would be very nice for this.

BDA's damage system is being changed now, so...

Also, BDA bullets aren't actual parts, so we would have to rewrite the whole BDA bullet system for deformation of parts.

Missiles may be able to deform parts right now, but highly unlikely, since it will explode as soon as it makes contact with something.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, but its something that has been requested a lot and we need to think more about how it will work.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason my parts don't seem to be deforming at all. I still see the effects of leakage on tanks after they take damage and the fuel drains accordingly but the structure of the part doesn't change. Nor do any of the other parts show any signs of deformation. Does this mod conflict with KJR, FAR, Kerbalism, or other such mods?

Edited by Einstein_Cross_X1

FAR and KKS shouldn't conflict i play with them both a lot and (not much) has happend BUT i would not recommend adding destruction effects because sometimes all the parts in a ship will suddenly start smoking (doesn't matter if your in flight or in the editor) and you cant see anything but that happens rarely 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

The game shows a module manager error with KKS in the loading screen and crashes the game when I try to load the KSC in any save game. I'll try to find the crash log, but it's been several days since it happened.

go into the KKS files and find and remove the :FOR[KerbalKrashSystem] from any of the patches that also include a :NEEDS.

I'm getting the same 4 errors with KKS in the loading screen, directing the errors to the .cfg files.

Just now, Drew Kerman said:

go into the KKS files and find and remove the :FOR[KerbalKrashSystem] from any of the patches that also include a :NEEDS.

And I'm not sure what you meant by going into the KKS files and remove the :FOR[KerbalKrashSystem] because I can't find it :(

37 minutes ago, FlyinWhale said:

I'm getting the same 4 errors with KKS in the loading screen, directing the errors to the .cfg files.

And I'm not sure what you meant by going into the KKS files and remove the :FOR[KerbalKrashSystem] because I can't find it :(

in the CFG files under GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Configs

Okay the errors showing on the loading page was resolved earlier on, everything is working except for one. I noticed aerodynamic parts such as wings are not deforming after an impact. The wings that did not explode had some percentage of damage shown but no deformation could be seen.

In regards to the changes I've made to the .cfg files to solve the loading page problem, I'd only removed the :FOR parts in 4 files:

one from configs folder,

\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Other

and three from plugins folder,

\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Leak\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak

\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair

\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Science \Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Science

Would photos of the crash results in different versions (0.3 and 0.43) help?

Edited by FlyinWhale
Typo

Not having any errors on startup so can't think of a solution. Also checked all cfg files i could find on the current download and don't see anything that could be causing this as they match what I have. Next time you start write down the file the errors are in that will give a place to start in figuring it out.

G:\KSP 1.3.1 KSS\GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Other.cfg

G:\KSP 1.3.1 KSS\GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Leak\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Fuel_Leak.cfg

G:\KSP 1.3.1 KSS\GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg

G:\KSP 1.3.1 KSS\GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Science\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Science.cfg

Those are the error paths I see on load.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.