[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

6 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Dark Multiplayer is something I'd like to look into sometime as well. Would be awesome if collision effects synced.

It would seem they are though idk if they were the exact same on both end but we manage to wreck a whole ship leading to funny results though it was not my ship

6 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

(I suck at 3D modeling, don't have the patience (nor the skill)).

And for that I could give a hand if you want

I know how to make an animation and also to make an animation from a physic simulation with Blender though I'm not good at rigging but it shouldn't be required for a chute ^_^

Edited by Falco01

the noEVA flag in mk1cockpit is so you cannot click the eva button on a kerbal portrait
renaming the hatch collider disallows clicking the hatch / opening the window to eva

thats the 2 ways within stock to do eva, i'm sure a couple mods add other things

as for chutes, replacing model would be bad, as makes it require premade models for any mod it supports, simply tearing vertex points then moving them to simulate the wind would do better

had a thought for dented parts, upon first dent analyze mesh, any edges between verts that are longer than X (set in config) will be split subdivided into 2, and repeat, until no edges longer than X, then use said model

if you want quicker, figure out what faces are hit, and just subdivide any verts touching it, though this would have to be done before any new sdent is made and thus becomes redundantly checking areas

9 hours ago, anxcon said:

the noEVA flag in mk1cockpit is so you cannot click the eva button on a kerbal portrait
renaming the hatch collider disallows clicking the hatch / opening the window to eva

thats the 2 ways within stock to do eva, i'm sure a couple mods add other things

as for chutes, replacing model would be bad, as makes it require premade models for any mod it supports, simply tearing vertex points then moving them to simulate the wind would do better

"Simply". ;) 

7 hours ago, anxcon said:

had a thought for dented parts, upon first dent analyze mesh, any edges between verts that are longer than X (set in config) will be split subdivided into 2, and repeat, until no edges longer than X, then use said model

if you want quicker, figure out what faces are hit, and just subdivide any verts touching it, though this would have to be done before any new sdent is made and thus becomes redundantly checking areas

I've been working on that for the past two weeks or so, but I have a lot of other things on my plate at the moment.

I noticed a bug, idk if it's a mod conflict or a bug related directly to your mod, all I know is that since I updated to the version 0.2.5, I have a huge drop in fps when I'm in the SPH or VAB when building a ship with more than 10 part and at 15 part, I go down to 5-10 fps when below 10 parts, I run at >30fps

Do you know any conflict with an other mod ? Or is it due to the new calculations of water ? I'll revert to 0.2.1 which doesn't have the issue btw 

4 minutes ago, Falco01 said:

I noticed a bug, idk if it's a mod conflict or a bug related directly to your mod, all I know is that since I updated to the version 0.2.5, I have a huge drop in fps when I'm in the SPH or VAB when building a ship with more than 10 part and at 15 part, I go down to 5-10 fps when below 10 parts, I run at >30fps

Do you know any conflict with an other mod ? Or is it due to the new calculations of water ? I'll revert to 0.2.1 which doesn't have the issue btw 

ya i 1 up this ive had problems to

So I downloaded the latest version (it's the only version I've tried), and it's throwing a lot of NullRef's in my log. And by a lot I mean like...8 million lines worth and searching "NullRef" returns 142,667 entries...so yeah. Now, to be fair, I'm not saying every single NullRef is from Krash, as I have a hundred other mods installed, but I've never seen so many before. I'll provide a log below in case you're curious (you'll note there are other issues going on in the log as well, like TACLS spamming on its own for a million lines, but it's my interpretation that those, while annoying, aren't as serious, and aren't nullrefs). To be clear, I'm not asking for support (because narrowing down potential conflicts would take forever, and I have other issues that are causing problems that are outside of the scope of this problem) - I'm just letting you know that there is something violent in the mix.

Let me know if there are any more details that you need. I'm on Linux 64 bit.

Note: I never actually damaged anything (saw anything as damaged, saw anything above 0%); time in game was 10 minutes in the VAB building a pod and 5 minutes on the launch pad, and maybe 2 minutes flying majestically through the air, then the game crashed (out of memory, which even being on linux 64 bit with 16gb of ram, is not unusual for me:angry:).

Also: it looks like, if I'm reading the log right, it started throwing the null refs while I was in the VAB, since the log refers to "Updating Untitled Space Craft" which was a new craft I was working on, which is right when the null refs started. The craft consisted of a khelb pod from tantares, the stock octo probe core, and a remote tech kr-7 dish (was a pretty deluxe ship, heh). I also fiddled around with a few other pieces from dangit and a couple of other mods (namely smart parts). I then launched a different ship, which was bigger. I have craft files of both ships if you want them, but they're riddled with mods.

Cheers.

Krash Karnage Log - Null Refs Xtreme

On 27-2-2016 at 0:08 AM, Falco01 said:

On 27-2-2016 at 0:13 AM, Joeythompson31 said:

ya i 1 up this ive had problems to

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

So I downloaded the latest version (it's the only version I've tried), and it's throwing a lot of NullRef's in my log. And by a lot I mean like...8 million lines worth and searching "NullRef" returns 142,667 entries...so yeah. Now, to be fair, I'm not saying every single NullRef is from Krash, as I have a hundred other mods installed, but I've never seen so many before. I'll provide a log below in case you're curious (you'll note there are other issues going on in the log as well, like TACLS spamming on its own for a million lines, but it's my interpretation that those, while annoying, aren't as serious, and aren't nullrefs). To be clear, I'm not asking for support (because narrowing down potential conflicts would take forever, and I have other issues that are causing problems that are outside of the scope of this problem) - I'm just letting you know that there is something violent in the mix.

Let me know if there are any more details that you need. I'm on Linux 64 bit.

Note: I never actually damaged anything (saw anything as damaged, saw anything above 0%); time in game was 10 minutes in the VAB building a pod and 5 minutes on the launch pad, and maybe 2 minutes flying majestically through the air, then the game crashed (out of memory, which even being on linux 64 bit with 16gb of ram, is not unusual for me:angry:).

Also: it looks like, if I'm reading the log right, it started throwing the null refs while I was in the VAB, since the log refers to "Updating Untitled Space Craft" which was a new craft I was working on, which is right when the null refs started. The craft consisted of a khelb pod from tantares, the stock octo probe core, and a remote tech kr-7 dish (was a pretty deluxe ship, heh). I also fiddled around with a few other pieces from dangit and a couple of other mods (namely smart parts). I then launched a different ship, which was bigger. I have craft files of both ships if you want them, but they're riddled with mods.

Cheers.

Krash Karnage Log - Null Refs Xtreme

This is all part of the same problem (moved one line of code by accident). I fixed it in the new version (0.2.6) which is up right now.

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Edited by EnzoMeertens

4 minutes ago, Falco01 said:

I saw you wanted pictures or vids, if you want I can try to make you a few things over the week end

Maybe styled like Portal 2 ad-ish trailers ^_^ at least I could have fun with animations

Pm me if you want to, I'd be glad to help

I would love that! I am utterly swamped at the moment. Any help is very much welcomed! 

Just now, EnzoMeertens said:

I would love that! I am utterly swamped at the moment. Any help is very much welcomed!

If you need anything that doesn't need C# coding, ask away

I can make .cfg, .mu, textures, meshes, animations,...

The only thing I can't do is programming sadly

9 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

But of course. It's mostly your work anyways, I'm just a user.

They are up! 

Thanks you!

20 minutes ago, Falco01 said:

If you need anything that doesn't need C# coding, ask away

I can make .cfg, .mu, textures, meshes, animations,...

The only thing I can't do is programming sadly

I'll definitely keep that in mind! :3

On 5-3-2016 at 7:40 AM, *MajorTom* said:

I'm so looking forward:          4.4             Ablator damage instead of leak

pplllease!!!

Updated.

Version 0.2.7:

- Moved actual resource leaking from KKS to Kerbalkrashsystem_Leak (instead of just leaking effects).
- Fixed damage on impact on NO_FLOW resources. (E.g.: Solid fuel loses 20% fuel on (20% damage) impact instead of developing a leak (which wouldn't make sense)).

23 hours ago, Kaue_ said:

What if, when command modules are damage, if you have life suport mods the oxygen get out of the command module?

I expect they'll leak their internal tank like any other. All the oxygen won't (and shouldn't) leak out of the vehicle because the kerbonauts have space suits; they can allow the command module to evacuate if need be.

On Monday, March 07, 2016 at 6:51 AM, damerell said:

I expect they'll leak their internal tank like any other. All the oxygen won't (and shouldn't) leak out of the vehicle because the kerbonauts have space suits; they can allow the command module to evacuate if need be.

Most life support mods have a buffer time from hours to days before Kerbals die from lack of a resource. This represents spacesuits and not needing food constantly. So it's fine if all the oxygen resource leaks out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.