[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

1 hour ago, JeffreyCor said:

It sounds like you have an outdated version, not close enough to the damaged part, or have found a bug :)

Well, I'm definitely running the latest version from CKAN, and I know that my engineer was close enough to kiss it, so I guess it's a bug? What information should I provide so I can better help the developer diagnose the problem?

50 minutes ago, killbotvii said:

Well, I'm definitely running the latest version from CKAN, and I know that my engineer was close enough to kiss it, so I guess it's a bug? What information should I provide so I can better help the developer diagnose the problem?

KIS support is removed from the latest version because everything kept breaking when KIS updated.

To fix your install for now: remove the entire "KerbalKrashSystem_KIS_Repair" folder from "GameData/KerbalKrashSystem/Plugins/KKS-Mods/".

I barely have any time to work on KKS these days, so I am unable to fix things.

There's still so many things, like setting up CKAN so people get the latest version from it.

22 hours ago, killbotvii said:

Well, I'm definitely running the latest version from CKAN,

This alone is part of the problem. Never trust CKAN to tell you the current version of anything. Unless you verify yourself of having latest versions they should be considered unknown.

Once you check yourself that you are up to date and don't have anything left over, include output_log.txt. This is the error log generated by KSP of what is going on behind the scenes.

To be sure any old version of KKS is gone, remove the entire folder under GameData. I also recommend removing all MM cache files as that can sometimes cause ghosts. After that, put in the latest version of KKS. Fingers crossed that will get things up and going for you. :)

15 hours ago, killbotvii said:

It looks like it still isn't working. There's still no repair option. Weird.

Should you want to fix this yourself, just go ahead and edit GameData\KerbalKrashSystem\Plugins\KKS-mods\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair\Configs\KerbalKrashSystem_Repair.cfg to:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleKerbalKrash*]]:AFTER[KerbalKrashSystem]:FOR[KerbalKrashSystem_Repair]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Repair
    }
}

Somehow the "@" in @MODULE[...] got lost in an earlier version.

Uploaded new version (0.3.6.):

Changelog:

• Fixed KKS_Repair not getting loaded.

I might have more time next week (important demo on Tuesday). I will try to work a bit more on KKS.

Edited by EnzoMeertens

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work for any part, including non stock parts? I've noticed that some parts can take damage while others are either 0% damaged or explode instantly.

Also an amazing feature would be if explosions did damage to nearby parts.

6 hours ago, subyng said:

Does this work for any part, including non stock parts? I've noticed that some parts can take damage while others are either 0% damaged or explode instantly.

Also an amazing feature would be if explosions did damage to nearby parts.

Should be working for all parts, including non-stock.

What kind of parts explode immediately? This probably shouldn't happen.

Edited by EnzoMeertens

2 hours ago, Gojira said:

Would it be possible for part damage to work with BDArmory, or would that require something to happen on their part?

I am not sure how BDArmory damages parts, didn't they use heat as damage?

I haven't looked into heat damage. I was going to, but I ran out of spare time.

18 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I am not sure how BDArmory damages parts, didn't they use heat as damage?

I haven't looked into heat damage. I was going to, but I ran out of spare time.

I see. I more meant the slight denting of parts based on shell velocity, but if that doesn't work that's fine. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 25-7-2016 at 0:36 AM, Gojira said:

I see. I more meant the slight denting of parts based on shell velocity, but if that doesn't work that's fine. Thanks!

Damage is based on relative impact velocity, so if BD Armory uses shells, it should just work.

12 hours ago, supersonicflyingdutchman said:

I believe bdarmory uses heat to make the parts explode. You might be able to remove the heat and add damage instead, if you are able to track where the impacts are...

Heat damage is still on my TODO list, if I ever get to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Heat damage could be fire (if you have the true skills of modding) If you can't add it that is fine, because destruction effects does this already

On 18-8-2016 at 6:47 AM, subyng said:

This is a great mod! Unfortunately I had to uninstall due to the cloning bug conflict with KIS, but I'll be watching this one closely!

It shouldn't. I got rid of KIS support a while back, because it took me too much time to update every time KIS had an update.

I'm waiting now for the KIS devs to include some form of inter-mod communication so I don't have to recompile every time they recompile.

On 21-8-2016 at 3:50 AM, AyeLmao said:

Sadly Not compatiple with the Skill'z Mod/Any custom Traits. it should check that whatever kerbal has the Trait = RepairSkill Bit in their Class Cfg.

I am up for any suggestion on how to easily achieve this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.