[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

On 28-3-2017 at 2:08 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Hi,

are there any known incompatibilities with this mod? Also, is 0.3.8 the latest and greatest (seems to be)?

Thanks

I don't know. I haven't had time to work on this mod since the last mod update. So probably a lot of incompatibilities.

On 20-3-2017 at 8:49 AM, JediRangerkendor said:

I dont know if this has been asked before, but how does this work with BDA?

Never tried this myself, I am guessing no. BDA used heat? (Or did it also use impacts?)

2 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

I don't know. I haven't had time to work on this mod since the last mod update. So probably a lot of incompatibilities.

Never tried this myself, I am guessing no. BDA used heat? (Or did it also use impacts?)

BDA uses heat to replicate part damage. 

On 29-3-2017 at 0:48 PM, eberkain said:

@EnzoMeertens great to see you pop back on.   The current version of the mod needs a couple tweaks, the amount of impact force required to get a model to deform is much greater than it used to be.  Low speed impacts will cause a bounce instead of a crash.  

This is a known issue. I hope to fix this at some point, once I have more time.

On 29/03/2017 at 11:44 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

BDA uses heat to replicate part damage. 

There is also a shell impact component and both values are combined.  The physical impact can be demonstrated by firing any non cannon weapon at a loose part , you will find tough light parts are knocked around by the shell impact.

I'll look into how it would work with BDA as I'd like to add another layer to the ship battle damage experience, Would be very nice to see visible damage before a vessel sinks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2017 at 3:00 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

Hey Enzo, I would love to collaborate on this more, Spanner and I work on BDA and Boat parts together, this would be very interesting integration. Send me a PM if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

just a simple but sure question, is there a download link to github? if there is just reply. im asking because downloading through curseforge in a place that blocks games is not an option for me because school internet is blocking it; and im used to download stuff through github.

i forgot, since this is last day of school, just reply whenever you want just in case i really need github link

Edited by astroranger189
Time constraints

On 2017-6-2 at 9:37 PM, gomker said:

Hey Enzo, I would love to collaborate on this more, Spanner and I work on BDA and Boat parts together, this would be very interesting integration. Send me a PM if you like.

I would love to work on this mod some more, BDA was always something I wanted to support. But unfortunately work is getting in the way.

On 2017-6-13 at 7:34 AM, astroranger189 said:

just a simple but sure question, is there a download link to github? if there is just reply. im asking because downloading through curseforge in a place that blocks games is not an option for me because school internet is blocking it; and im used to download stuff through github.

i forgot, since this is last day of school, just reply whenever you want just in case i really need github link

There's a link to the source on the first page: https://github.com/EnzoMeertens/KerbalKrashSystem/

This also contains the latest build (probably). Please note that I haven't updated this mod in a long time. So it might not work or might only work partially.

On 15/06/2017 at 4:22 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

I would love to work on this mod some more, BDA was always something I wanted to support. But unfortunately work is getting in the way.

There's a link to the source on the first page: https://github.com/EnzoMeertens/KerbalKrashSystem/

This also contains the latest build (probably). Please note that I haven't updated this mod in a long time. So it might not work or might only work partially.

I am not sure if it's been said before, but is there 1.3 compatibility?

Edited by HorizonFulcrum

On 2017-6-18 at 8:47 AM, HorizonFulcrum said:

I am not sure if it's been said before, but is there 1.3 compatibility?

Uploaded new temporary version (0.4.0):

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP version 1.3.
  • Fixed extremely high part tolerances.

Ran into a problem though, which seems to be caused by a "bug" from KSP.

Reverting to launch causes "OnDisable" to be called twice for the cockpit (root?) part. One of the calling parts is also labeled as "(unloaded)", which is weird and messes up the ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Command events. I disabled these events for now, which means I am unable to work on the command pod's EVA hatch getting obstructed when receiving too much damage.

If anyone knows a fix for this, please let me know.

47 minutes ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Uploaded new temporary version (0.4.0):

Changelog:

• Updated to KSP version 1.3.
  • Fixed extremely high part tolerances.

Ran into a problem though, which seems to be caused by a "bug" from KSP.

Reverting to launch causes "OnDisable" to be called twice for the cockpit (root?) part. One of the calling parts is also labeled as "(unloaded)", which is weird and messes up the ModuleKerbalKrashSystem_Command events. I disabled these events for now, which means I am unable to work on the command pod's EVA hatch getting obstructed when receiving too much damage.

If anyone knows a fix for this, please let me know.

Thanks Enzo!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it intentional that Kerbals can destroy parts? Yesterday, I landed on Kerbin and went out of the ship to EVA mode. Then I hit the command module and did big hole (and +150% to destroy level). I have latest version of this mod.

Inversion

12 hours ago, Inversion said:

Is it intentional that Kerbals can destroy parts? Yesterday, I landed on Kerbin and went out of the ship to EVA mode. Then I hit the command module and did big hole (and +150% to destroy level). I have latest version of this mod.

Inversion

That probably shouldn't happen. I'll look into this.

Thanks for submitting this!

Quick update (version 0.4.1.):

Changelog:

• Fixed OnEnable/OnDisable bug which caused double increase in crash tolerances of command pods and not enabling events.
  • Added hatch obstruction on 100+% damaged command pod. Bringing an engineer doesn't help if he can't get out! 

If the hatch obstruction is too much of a nuisance, please let me know. Maybe I can add it to the higher difficulty levels.

Also started Tweeting. Maybe this is a convenient way to get updates regarding KKS: https://twitter.com/EnzoMeertens

Edited by EnzoMeertens
Shameless Twitter promotion. Hatch obstruction question.

Hi, love the mod but one problem I've noticed: my Kerbals always seem to spring a leak when they go on EVA, whether in space or on the ground. This isn't a big problem on its own, but with TAC Life Support installed my Kerbal's entire rations get sucked into space in five seconds flat, which makes short-duration EVAs extremely dangerous (not to mention wasteful) and long-duration EVAs impossible. :P

On 14-7-2017 at 11:55 PM, Mitchz95 said:

Hi, love the mod but one problem I've noticed: my Kerbals always seem to spring a leak when they go on EVA, whether in space or on the ground. This isn't a big problem on its own, but with TAC Life Support installed my Kerbal's entire rations get sucked into space in five seconds flat, which makes short-duration EVAs extremely dangerous (not to mention wasteful) and long-duration EVAs impossible. :P

Hi, thanks!

I am working on an update that gets rid of damage to Kerbals, amongst other things. I will release this later today! 

Edit: Will take some more time. Working on fixing the colliders, too.

Edited by EnzoMeertens

On 14-7-2017 at 11:55 PM, Mitchz95 said:

1 hour ago, IonMage said:

I'm getting the same problem, though for me water runs out before food.  Oxygen and Electric Charge are unaffected.  Any way to manually disable EVA damage?

I've uploaded a new version (0.4.2) that fixes Kerbal damage.

Changelog:

• Fixed Kerbals getting damage.
Edited by EnzoMeertens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.