[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

On 3/3/2020 at 12:37 AM, MK3424 said:

Any news of an update of this amazing damage mod?

Hello.

Apparently I wasn't getting notifications of replies anymore.

Perhaps I can help speed up the fixes together with @linuxgurugamer. I think the main issue for now is that it requires a recompile for the newest KSP version?

8 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Hello.

Apparently I wasn't getting notifications of replies anymore.

Perhaps I can help speed up the fixes together with @linuxgurugamer. I think the main issue for now is that it requires a recompile for the newest KSP version?

For all @EnzoMeertens and I are discussing the future of this mod.  Its his mod, so the ultimate choice is his.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

New release available for KSP version 1.10.0.

Changelog:

• Recompiled for 1.10.0.
  • Fixed sparks for electricity leaks.
  • Disable mesh & collider subdivision because this messes up the hover-over color.
  • Standard exclude wheels from collision deformations because this would cause undesired movement when on ground.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Krishnan Kerman said:

Is this mod compatible with realism overhaul, rp-1, and kerbalism?

I really want to use it.

Thanks!

I use it alongside kerbalism with no problems.

Can't say anything about the others, but there should be no problem. This just deforms the part model to make the it look wrecked instead of it always exploding.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just a heads up. I tried this wonderful with KSP 1.12.2 and it does work.

Combined with MM patch 

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
    @crashTolerance *= 0.1
}

It adds very funny situation when your side booster slightly scratches your core stage engine and suddenly you get overheat and explosion unless you  severly drop thrust.

Very nice touch of kinda realism. Highly recommended !

• 1 month later...

Hi @EnzoMeertens, I had a question that I originally posted here, but it looks like that was the wrong thread.  See below:

On 6/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Falco01 said:

Obviously, from having done mid air collisions while testing BDa, I can assure you that part worked as intended. Wing tip bent required trim to fly somewhat straight.

In this case however, the craft was landed after a rough landing (if you can call it that way) . Without throttle or any input, it is therefore supposed to stay still, on the ground which it did not.
The plane started moving around at low speed as if some force were applied to it despite the engines being offline
There were still landing gears present though and they were bent out of alignment. Perhaps the twisted gear caused the phantom forces ?
This also happened upon spawning an aircraft on the runway with some badly configured gears from airplane plus. The plane spawned too high and was bent upon "landing". Once again, it started moving on its own, engines not even started yet.

I've noticed this behavior in a few crashes as well, its almost like the parts no longer have friction, or as mentioned, there is a force not constantly acting on them. Is seems to happen most often on particularly hard impacts, like a miscalculated powered landing from orbit, the craft wont be particularly deformed, but it will spin wherever it lands.  I've had instances where a craft broke up on impact, but there will be one part that just wont stop moving, it just rolls or spins on the ground forever.   If its a whole craft, that I need to stop spinning so I can recover it, what has worked is hitting it with the object thrower.

I looked at the config files, I noticed there is one labeled Other.  My question is, do landing gear fall under this, and if so, could modifying that perhaps exclude landing gear? 

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
On 9/9/2021 at 12:06 PM, evileye.x said:

Combined with MM patch 

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{
    @crashTolerance *= 0.1
}

It adds very funny situation when your side booster slightly scratches your core stage engine and suddenly you get overheat and explosion unless you  severly drop thrust.

Very nice touch of kinda realism. Highly recommended !

If I read this one correctly, it would also instantly damage engines any land them, right?

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.