[1.10.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.5.1) 2020-08-05

EnzoMeertens

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Hooray! Thanks for the quick update. I can confirm that it does *work* -- however it seems like the part damage resistance is really high. I purposely cartwheeled an airplane from off the runway, and there was hardly any damage/deformity even though wings were sheared off half the fuselage was torn away. The leaking effects do seem to work as well.

I have far too many mods installed already, so I may have something that's overriding part characteristics. I'll start pulling them and see if the Krashiness improves. :)

Quick tests show that I am having the same problem. 

Added to my TO DO list.

Just as a heads up, I'm getting a Kerbal cloning bug when re-entering a pod with this installed and the new KIS &KAS builds. The clones are instantly destroyed when returning to the Space Center but who knows how much damage to the KSC an army of evil Jeb clones could do.. :o

Edited by DigitalProeliator

40 minutes ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Just as a heads up, I'm getting a Kerbal cloning bug when re-entering a pod with this installed and the new KIS &KAS builds. The clones are instantly destroyed when returning to the Space Center but who knows how much damage to the KSC an army of evil Jeb clones could do.. :o

I'm seeing this as well -- though I couldn't point to a specific mod or combo since I'm running way too many at present. the 1.1 ecosystems is going to take a little bit before things calm down :)

1 hour ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Same here, and I just finished narrowing it down to this mod vs KIS & KAS as well.  I'm on KSP version 1.0.5 (build 1028), with KAS version 0.5.5, KIS version 1.2.6, and Kerbal Krash System version 0.3.  Module manager version doesn't make a difference, at least between 2.6.18 (packaged with KKS 0.3) and 2.6.20 (current version according to CKAN).

Edit: I should mention that although I first ran into the problem while using CKAN, I duplicated it with a completely fresh install and the mods installed manually.  (It's not CKAN's fault.)

Edited by Mattasmack

4 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Can confirm - also getting this bug when KKS and KIS is installed. Removing either solves the problem. Hopefully this compatibility can be figured out - I'd love to use both.

17 hours ago, Mattasmack said:

Same here, and I just finished narrowing it down to this mod vs KIS & KAS as well.  I'm on KSP version 1.0.5 (build 1028), with KAS version 0.5.5, KIS version 1.2.6, and Kerbal Krash System version 0.3.  Module manager version doesn't make a difference, at least between 2.6.18 (packaged with KKS 0.3) and 2.6.20 (current version according to CKAN).

Edit: I should mention that although I first ran into the problem while using CKAN, I duplicated it with a completely fresh install and the mods installed manually.  (It's not CKAN's fault.)

Wait. Is CKAN up again? Didn't it die together with KerbalStuff? (I am very not up-to-date)

I will look into the bug in two days. Thanks for mentioning this and narrowing it down! :)

1 hour ago, EnzoMeertens said:

Wait. Is CKAN up again? Didn't it die together with KerbalStuff? (I am very not up-to-date)

I will look into the bug in two days. Thanks for mentioning this and narrowing it down! :)

I guess I'm not up-to-date either!  I've played KSP stock or minimally-modded for years; I just grabbed CKAN recently to try a more heavily modded game for a change.  CKAN is working for me; but if it used to work better or if it was down for a while, I wouldn't know.

According to a post on the KIS thread, you can narrow it down further to just KKS and KIS (KAS is not needed to make the bug happen).  The bug is very consistent; I got a cloned kerbal every single time I had one re-enter a pod after EVA-ing.

On 4/23/2016 at 6:08 AM, DigitalProeliator said:

ive tested all the mods that might be the cause, in fact kerbal krash system is causing the cloning system, i guess it override the characteristics of a kerbal causing it to clone, take damage and not disapearing like what it's built to do, KAS and KIS is not the cause. :o can you fix the problem, no pressure? :)

Edited by astroranger189

I've seen the same issue of external cloning that is sorted with KKS removal, however it goes further. 

Once I remove KKS no clone remains outside the pod after boarding but I do get a clone inside the pod when I transfer Krew internally. My Kerbals are all there and appear in their portrait windows with an extra window showing static and the name of the said clone. Access to the cutaway view is disabled as well. Reset to normal is possible with a trip to the space center and back to the craft involved.

It's obviously not KKS and I'm working on narrowing down the combination of mods that causes this. Only 96 to go!! I'll update once I know.

Edited by Griffon345

BTW I love the way KKS works.  

Even during the testing of this KIS/KKS cloning issue I felt the stress of a busted monoprop tank leaking after clone Jeb tumbled into it. The distraction was immense as I tried to save the remaining fuel instead of focusing on my objective. This whilst next to the KSP runway! 

KKS returns as soon as the clone conspiracy is resolved!

Edited by Griffon345

Same here as everybody else when KKS/KIS installed:

- Kerbals on EVA can enter the craft but a clone is stick outside the craft, blocking the entrance. Kerbal can't get removed anymore.

- docking ports don't seperate anymore, even when "undock" is selected the parts stick together.

- my save game was ruined due to these both bugs, so I had to go back prior KerbalKrashSystem :(

Edited by Tekener

28 minutes ago, Tekener said:

- Kerbals on EVA can enter the craft but a clone is stick outside the craft, blocking the entrance. Kerbal can't get removed anymore.

- docking ports don't seperate anymore, even when "undock" is selected the parts stick together.

- my save game was ruined due to these both bugs, so I had to go back prior KerbalKrashSystem :(

Are you using 1.0.5 or 1.1? 

12 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

11 hours ago, Mattasmack said:

I guess I'm not up-to-date either!  I've played KSP stock or minimally-modded for years; I just grabbed CKAN recently to try a more heavily modded game for a change.  CKAN is working for me; but if it used to work better or if it was down for a while, I wouldn't know.

According to a post on the KIS thread, you can narrow it down further to just KKS and KIS (KAS is not needed to make the bug happen).  The bug is very consistent; I got a cloned kerbal every single time I had one re-enter a pod after EVA-ing.

CKAN was heavily keyed to KerbalStuff, but wasn't exclusively dependent on it.  What source CKAN pulls any given mod from is customizable by the mod author who registers their mod with CKAN, and many mods pulled from GitHub, MediaFire, and even a few were from DropBox oddly enough.  Obviously, though, the lionshare was with KerbalStuff, and when that site went down, so too did any CKAN-attempt to pull from that source, which I estimate to have been about 65% of all CKAN mods.

KerbalStuff went down at a rather persnickety point in the mod-ecosystem lifecycle, because most modders kinda walked away from releasing major updates in anticipation of needing to rework them entirely for v1.1 anyway.  If we'll all recall (setting aside the potentially-valid claim that, with its bugs, v1.1 isn't exactly "here" yet anyway, since there'll likely be several v1.1.x hotfixes in the coming weeks anyway) v1.1 was originally hoped for by us, the players, several months ago.  When you add the calamity of KerbalStuff and the CKAN-attachments to it all going down earlier this year, again, many modders just put everything on hold until after getting their v1.1 updates ready to ship (a process which I estimate is about 15-20% done anyway -- my prediction is late May or early June for full ecosystem revival.)

So, @Mattasmack, if you just happened to pick up CKAN for the first time recently without realizing there was still a little bit of a mushroom cloud hanging over it, well, now you know how close your shave actually was.  :)

8 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:
8 hours ago, Tekener said:

- my save game was ruined due to these both bugs, so I had to go back prior KerbalKrashSystem :(

Are you using 1.0.5 or 1.1?

I'm on KSP 1.1 with Mods up to date for 1.1, using CKAN to stay up to date. 

Once I deinstalled KKS and went back to my daily save game backup things were fine. Adding KKS again gives the mentioned issues.

13 hours ago, Pitslug said:

@EnzoMeertens The output log file is getting spammed with a KIS 1.2.5 error when both KKS and KIS are installed. Currently KIS is on version 1.2.7. It sounds like that may have something to do with it.

Yep. This seems to be the problem. I am referencing an old version of KIS in my KIS support add-on.

Thanks!

KKS version 0.3.2 is up! Thanks for reporting this bug! :)

Edited by EnzoMeertens

Would it be possible to add a silence-able audible warning when a leak is taking place?

Im building an apollo style mission, and my ascent stage runs on monoprop only. Several times now ive made a tiny dent in a monoprop tank and not even realized i had a leak until it's time to go home and i realize the tanks are completely empty.

4 hours ago, Errol said:

Would it be possible to add a silence-able audible warning when a leak is taking place?

Im building an apollo style mission, and my ascent stage runs on monoprop only. Several times now ive made a tiny dent in a monoprop tank and not even realized i had a leak until it's time to go home and i realize the tanks are completely empty.

I wonder if the RCS sound mod could be tied in?

21 hours ago, Errol said:

17 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I wonder if the RCS sound mod could be tied in?

Sounds like a plan! I'll look into it! :)
(Or someone else who has a bit more time than me...? Anyone? Hint, hint!)

how hard would it be to apply dents to an IVA?

i mean i been crashing pods, and i play IVA only (related? - the new iva cutaway view for external might benefit?)

kinda seems a bit lacking to not dent IVA :D

On 28-4-2016 at 3:28 AM, JeffreyCor said:

After giving this mod a try, got to say you have done a great job! This really makes damage from impact far more realistic and immersive :) 

Thank you! I really appreciate that! :3

Just now, anxcon said:

how hard would it be to apply dents to an IVA?

i mean i been crashing pods, and i play IVA only (related? - the new iva cutaway view for external might benefit?)

kinda seems a bit lacking to not dent IVA :D

I actually have no idea how hard that might be. I'll definitely give that a look-see. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.