EnzoMeertens

[1.7.0] Kerbal Krash System (0.4.7) 2018-04-26

On 6/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

They were gently nudged by an MMU.  You can watch it here:

This was done on Twitch stream.  This first clip show the where it was gently nudged:

This is the beginning of the docking, it's about 10 minutes or so.  This is the initial docking of the MMU with the Hab, one of the times you will see it bumps a bit hard:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h03m04s

And this one, an hour later, shows the  engineer trying to repair the solar panels:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427207442?t=03h59m31s

I've managed to recreate this. Apparently I was using the wrong kind of solar panels. The null-reference exception occured because the solar panels use a "BoxCollider" instead of a "MeshCollider" (which almost every other part uses).

This is fixed in the new version by at least checking the MeshCollider before trying to restore it.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:32 AM, Beetlecat said:

I'm having trouble "damaging" my craft with KKS effects -- KSP.1.7.1 with only KKS and MM installed.

Whether trying to drag wings on the ground mid-flight, or bash a craft into a building, nothing seems to deform or leak, etc. And all remaining parts are still 100%. Pretty much vanilla behavior. Do I need to dial up sensitivity, or has 1.7.1 fudged something for KKS?

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tc1brse90v686c/output_log.txt?dl=0

Seems to be showing KKS binding itself to parts, etc. --though I'm often "just missing something" :)

The log seems fine and everything seems to be loading properly. I am trying to reproduce this, but to no avail. I will try again with a clean install and let you know.

4 hours ago, EnzoMeertens said:

The log seems fine and everything seems to be loading properly. I am trying to reproduce this, but to no avail. I will try again with a clean install and let you know.

Thanks for taking a look! Being able to mash-up our craft is half the fun. :)

3 hours ago, caddilacbob said:

so um, does the like mean 'no but your working on it', or something else?

I am checking if it is possible, I will let you know as soon as I know for sure!

On 6/14/2019 at 6:17 AM, EnzoMeertens said:

Okay -- so I'll apologize for the false alarm, but in trying it out again, i'm getting damages/krash effects as expected.

The only specific difference I could note was that in my previous log, the savegame/game version was 1.7.1. Now, with KKS working, it's at 1.7.2.

I'm certain it was a fresh save with only KKS loaded in the first instance. I have a few other mods loaded now, but nothing that would scream "This mod makes KKS work on your system" to me. :)

On 6/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, Beetlecat said:

Thanks for taking a look! Being able to mash-up our craft is half the fun. :)

So true Beetlecat!
I am also following the threads of some popular failure mods, and they are full with similar reports and comments LOL  :D:D:D