Search by date requires two searches back-to-back

Dunbaratu

This has bothered me ever since the new forums came into being.

When I search with the sort order set to "Relevance" and then do the same search again right away with the sort order set to "Date", I'm not *really* changing my mind and searching again.  I'm getting the search I wanted the *first* time but had no means of selecting in the forum software.  Can we please have the sort order selectable on the advanced search screen so I don't have to keep searching twice back to back?  

Every time the search screen tells me I need to wait a bit before searching again, I feel like saying back at it, "Well, I wouldn't have had to, now would I, if you'd have let me pick the search I wanted the first time?  I didn't want the 'Relevance' search.  That was *your* idea that this is what I wanted, not mine, Mr Forum."

Edited by Steven Mading

14 hours ago, KasperVld said:

This sort of feature is not something we can implement here, but it seems like a useful feature so it's going on the pile of feedback for IPS :)

Hope you saw my bug report for the search engine in the feedback thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.