[1.11.x???] STM's Final Frontier Expedition/Rank Ribbon Packs (updated 09/11/20 - one! (AH-AH-AH) New expedition)

SmarterThanMe

8 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

I haven't moved to 1.3 (yet). Has anyone had any issues with this (or the rest of FF) working in 1.3?

Nope, no issues for me.  I'm running KSP v1.3 and FF v1.3.2-3155 and everything seems to working well in a early, new career save.

Edited by Brigadier
Clarity

On 22/07/2017 at 5:51 AM, Brigadier said:

Nope, no issues for me.  I'm running KSP v1.3 and FF v1.3.2-3155 and everything seems to working well in a early, new career save.

OK. I'll iterate the versions now.

I'm still keen to hear from anyone who wants any expeditions/stations/bases/etc. worked up as ribbons.

6 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

OK. I'll iterate the versions now.

I'm still keen to hear from anyone who wants any expeditions/stations/bases/etc. worked up as ribbons.

Thanks.

I would like to see those situations as ribbons if they're not already in FF but I'm unsure what currently exists.  Where should I look for the stock ribbon criteria?

42 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Thanks.

I would like to see those situations as ribbons if they're not already in FF but I'm unsure what currently exists.  Where should I look for the stock ribbon criteria?

All of the stock ribbons are pretty self-explanatory. Just look through the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\Ribbons\ folder when you've downloaded it and do a bit of decoding? :)

7 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

All of the stock ribbons are pretty self-explanatory. Just look through the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\Ribbons\ folder when you've downloaded it and do a bit of decoding? :)

So (after looking in the above, aforementioned Ribbons directory - ooo, pretty pictures), you're saying that the criteria are hardcoded in the plugin .dll?

I've also looked at the Ribbons and Ribbon Codes dialog boxes in the FF settings, but, to be honest, I don't understand what I'm seeing.  How do you parse the code field?

If I were to try an add a ribbon to the collection, how would I go about doing it?

Never mind, I just realized that I should be looking for answers to this in the original FF thread, not yours.  However, since you've already cracked the problem, how do you do it?

Edited by Brigadier

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 3:07 AM, SmarterThanMe said:

Forgot to bump. Still working on 1.4.x with the updated FF mod.

Any suggestions on anything I can do would be appreciated for the long weekend (I get bored).

Have you tried creating an Astronaut ranks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronaut_ranks_and_positions) if this is still going on? Just a thought to make things less military based (although loving the other ribbons, very nice!)

On 8/4/2018 at 5:19 AM, Gingerbeard said:

Have you tried creating an Astronaut ranks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronaut_ranks_and_positions) if this is still going on? Just a thought to make things less military based (although loving the other ribbons, very nice!)

Nope... But I could do it?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, Gingerbeard said:

On 8/5/2018 at 7:00 AM, SmarterThanMe said:

Nope... But I could do it?

Astronaut ranks would be cool - but how would you implement it? Based on that Wikipedia link there's a difference in ranks between each of the missions :confused:

• 3 months later...

Hi. I have an error when I try to update Expedition Ribbons pack from CKAN.

Spoiler

About to install...

* STM's Expedition Ribbons - Final Frontier Ribbon Pack 5.1.3 (cached)

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File      : GameData/STMRibbons/expeditions/FinalFrontierCustomRibbons.cfg
Installing Mod : STMsFFRibbonPackExpeditionRibbons 5.1.3
Owning Mod: ScienceRolesFinalFrontierRibbonPack
CKAN Version   : v1.26.6
Your GameData has been returned to its original state.
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!

2 hours ago, SuppaTenko said:

Hide contents

About to install...

Please report it at:

Looks like you installed it manually already

12 hours ago, SuppaTenko said:

Hide contents

About to install...

Please report it at:

I'm having kind the same error but with science ribbons :-D

4HnOayb.png

Any clue on how to install those? I've never installed this mod manually :-D

13 hours ago, RootCookies said:

Science Roles and Expeditions both have the same files listed in CKAN.

Hi, I second that, I have the same issue.

It looks like through CKAN, you can either install "Science Roles - Final Frontier Ribbon Pack" or "STM's Expedition Ribbons - Final Frontier Ribbon Pack", but not both at the same time.

Also, I'm not sure how to interpret the "New! (old) Science Ribbons" in the title of this topic : could it be that it simply doesn't make sense to try to install both packages ?

(running KSP v1.8, in case it's relevant)

6 hours ago, artesim said:

Hi, I second that, I have the same issue...

...Also, I'm not sure how to interpret the "New! (old) Science Ribbons" in the title of this topic : could it be that it simply doesn't make sense to try to install both packages ?

(running KSP v1.8, in case it's relevant)

Just install Expeditions via CKAN if you wish and then download and extract Science Roles manually from the 1st page. Should do the trick for now until the CKAN entry is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, artesim said:

Also, I'm not sure how to interpret the "New! (old) Science Ribbons" in the title of this topic : could it be that it simply doesn't make sense to try to install both packages ?

It's just that I haven't made any changes since I first published the mod. So it's new, because it's a new version. But it's the old files. :)

On 12/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, RootCookies said:

Science Roles and Expeditions both have the same files listed in CKAN.

This should be fixed now (or whenever CKAN updates).

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey smarter, in the past you designed a few ribbons for my game (Pegasus and leviathan). Been awhile since I frequented the forums but I made a few myself and wanted to share. Feel free to co-op them into your existing expeditions pack and modify them at will, I still use them regularly and probably will make a few more but I have no desire to make a mod pack for them since yours fills that void.

Ares:    tx60NDf.png      Artemis:  yXeVJoz.png    Gateway Station:  Hqut2VL.png   Mun Station:   xCDQCBl.png    Discovery:   8utBuvL.png 

Phoenix:  1l4UOGz.png

By the way your Tokaku ribbons are missing from the latest download on spacedock.

Edited by BunnyOmatic

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, BunnyOmatic said:

Hey smarter, in the past you designed a few ribbons for my game (Pegasus and leviathan). Been awhile since I frequented the forums but I made a few myself and wanted to share. Feel free to co-op them into your existing expeditions pack and modify them at will, I still use them regularly and probably will make a few more but I have no desire to make a mod pack for them since yours fills that void.

Ares:    tx60NDf.png      Artemis:  yXeVJoz.png    Gateway Station:  Hqut2VL.png   Mun Station:   xCDQCBl.png    Discovery:   8utBuvL.png 

Phoenix:  1l4UOGz.png

Thanks! I'll have to take a look at how I can get them to fit with my Leader and 2IC stars, but I'll figure that out. I might use your's as a start point, however.

By the way your Tokaku ribbons are missing from the latest download on spacedock.

Gah! Ack! Gak. Kkkgghhh...

OK, I'll fix that tonight if I get a chance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.