Master Tech Weapons

TMasterson5

Thanks to a friend on facebook I now know how to turret so I can release the M2 gun for the turret. 

P.S. yes I know that it faces the wrong direction when in the SPH, dont worry it fixes itself once you switch to it after launch. Im too scared that if I try to fix it I will break it for now to bother trying. 

Version .3.3.2 is up. Now includes:

• V.3.3.2
  •     added M240B
  •     added M240B turret with full shield
  •     added M240B turret with small shield
  •     added 50 caliber ammo can
  •     added 7.62 mm ammo can
  •     added 50 caliber sound effect
  •     added 7.62 mm sound effect

You are making some good progress. If you are interested I would like to incorporate your 7.62mm ammo reference into CAL to maximize cross mod compatibility since I think harpwnr already has some 7.62mm guns. You are by no means required to join CAL but I would recommend it for the benefit of the end user. Also if you have any questions about modding ideas tips and ticks or CAL feel free to PM me. I lokk forward to seeing more progress here keep up the good work!

23 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

You are making some good progress. If you are interested I would like to incorporate your 7.62mm ammo reference into CAL to maximize cross mod compatibility since I think harpwnr already has some 7.62mm guns. You are by no means required to join CAL but I would recommend it for the benefit of the end user. Also if you have any questions about modding ideas tips and ticks or CAL feel free to PM me. I lokk forward to seeing more progress here keep up the good work!

Sure! also there will be a 5.56X45 NATO ammo type and a 5 inch shell type also. I will post on the CAL page when those become live. Thanks for the support!

I saw there's not much discussion here so I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the hard work, I enjoy your mod a lot.

PS: any plans to put this on CKAN?

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, akjax said:

I saw there's not much discussion here so I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the hard work, I enjoy your mod a lot.

PS: any plans to put this on CKAN?

Wait is it not on CKAN? It's supposed to be......

and thanks for your appreciation!!!

54 minutes ago, Yokito Zumi said:

Why is Prototype Thetas Scorpion AVRE turret in the picture?

The one he used in the pack "never Enuff dakka"  that he Created himself.

Because it is that turrets model retextured and re-made to actually work with the new versions. 

17 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Because it is that turrets model retextured and re-made to actually work with the new versions. 

So? it still looks exactly the same, and spanner plans to revive the pack, under prototypes permission when i can get that magic to work, this however was taken without permission, and no credit was given, 

EDIT: i would suggest taking anything from prototypes pack out of your mod pack before complications ensue. that or get prototypes permission. 

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Yokito Zumi

53 minutes ago, Yokito Zumi said:

So? it still looks exactly the same, and spanner plans to revive the pack, under prototypes permission when i can get that magic to work, this however was taken without permission, and no credit was given, 

EDIT: i would suggest taking anything from prototypes pack out of your mod pack before complications ensue. that or get prototypes permission. 

Thank you for your time.

Okay wellll permission is given in the credits document.

Copied and pasted from said document:
"All credit for the effects and sounds of nuclear weapons go to the creators or North Kerbin Weapons Pack
All credit for the base weapons system goes to the creators of BD Armory
Credit for the model of the "scorpion" turret goes to the creator of Spanners Boom Sticks"

Also the license that Spanners boom sticks uses is the, "CC BY-SA-2.0" which gives the following permission: 

• Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
  • The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

So with that being said I have followed the terms of the license and there will be zero consequences since legally speaking, there can't be. And well even if he does the turret in its current state will remain in my mod as I actually did have to do quite a large amout of work to get it back to a working state. So thank you for your time but you really have no ground at all to stand on here sorry.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Reviewed this and it does appear that TMasterson5 has abided by the terms of the license of Spanner's Boom Sticks. Let's stop with the allegations and get back to discussing the mod itself.

Thank you sir your help is appreciated!

21 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Wait is it not on CKAN? It's supposed to be......

and thanks for your appreciation!!!

I looked just now and all I see is Master Tech Aerospace. I tried filtering by all just in case it wasn't being listed as compatible but I don't see it.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Reviewed this and it does appear that TMasterson5 has abided by the terms of the license of Spanner's Boom Sticks. Let's stop with the allegations and get back to discussing the mod itself.

@Red Iron Crown could you let me know how to insert a poll into the thread? It isnt letting me do so.

10 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

@Red Iron Crown could you let me know how to insert a poll into the thread? It isnt letting me do so.

hmmm odd Ill try re adding it to CKAN now so it should work in like fifteen.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Can't seem to find a way to do it. I only seem able to add a poll to a new thread.

Okay thanks anyways!

11 hours ago, akjax said:

I looked just now and all I see is Master Tech Aerospace. I tried filtering by all just in case it wasn't being listed as compatible but I don't see it.

Okay it should definitely be on there now. If you look at the kerbal stuff page it says that it is available on CKAN. Try searching for both Master Tech Weapons and also MTW and see if either of those work

would it be possible to get an album of the various weapons and parts in this pack? i'm curious about the contents and i think it would help immensely, as well as help to showcase the mod for other potential users. 

On 12/02/2016 at 7:18 PM, TMasterson5 said:

Okay wellll permission is given in the credits document.

Credit for the model of the "scorpion" turret goes to the creator of Spanners Boom Sticks"

Also the license that Spanners boom sticks uses is the, "CC BY-SA-2.0" which gives the following permission: 

• Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
  • The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

So with that being said I have followed the terms of the license and there will be zero consequences since legally speaking, there can't be. And well even if he does the turret in its current state will remain in my mod as I actually did have to do quite a large amout of work to get it back to a working state. So thank you for your time but you really have no ground at all to stand on here sorry.

Actually, the Scorpion isn't from Spanner's boomsticks, and I am it's original creator. (KSP form of the model originally from this zombie of a project, which in turn is originally from this, which should explain why the mesh is so strange)

However, I released it under the exact same liscense that Spanner uses, you've simply credited it to the wrong place, not exactly a huge mistake, and I haven't exactly done anything to maintain presence here.

Mind you, Spanner recently contacted me about updating my old project anyway. Funny huh?

Edited by PrototypeTheta

17 minutes ago, PrototypeTheta said:

Actually, the Scorpion isn't from Spanner's boomsticks, and I am it's original creator. (KSP form of the model originally from this zombie of a project, which in turn is originally from this, which should explain why the mesh is so strange)

However, I released it under the exact same liscense that Spanner uses, you've simply credited it to the wrong place, not exactly a huge mistake, and I haven't exactly done anything to maintain presence here.

Mind you, Spanner recently contacted me about updating my old project anyway. Funny huh?

good to hear from you again. Spanner has also contacted me and will be taking Spanner's boomsticks back over when he is ready. This whole model thing is kinda screwy since i amk the person in charge of spanner's models until he is fully back because maintain Spanner's Boomsticks so to be honest i don't know who they belong to anymore. whatever no need to fight over it

8 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Okay it should definitely be on there now. If you look at the kerbal stuff page it says that it is available on CKAN. Try searching for both Master Tech Weapons and also MTW and see if either of those work

Just checked and I'm still not seeing it. I am searching for MTW, Master Tech Weapons, and also searching TMasterson5 by author.

I don't think there's anything I could be doing wrong to make it not show up.. but maybe someone else could check to be sure? I didn't mean for this to be such a fuss, I don't mind downloading it from Kerbal Stuff. Speaking of that, whenever I go to the Kerbal Stuff page for this under the banner picture for the mod I see

Your mod has been created!

You aren't quite done, though. Read through your listing, add some flair, and publish it!

No idea why. I can't edit the page or anything like that so it's not a big worry, just strange.