Master Tech Weapons

TMasterson5

22 hours ago, Atatra said:

would it be possible to get an album of the various weapons and parts in this pack? i'm curious about the contents and i think it would help immensely, as well as help to showcase the mod for other potential users. 

That album is on the first page of this thread in the first post  

17 hours ago, PrototypeTheta said:

Actually, the Scorpion isn't from Spanner's boomsticks, and I am it's original creator. (KSP form of the model originally from this zombie of a project, which in turn is originally from this, which should explain why the mesh is so strange)

However, I released it under the exact same liscense that Spanner uses, you've simply credited it to the wrong place, not exactly a huge mistake, and I haven't exactly done anything to maintain presence here.

Mind you, Spanner recently contacted me about updating my old project anyway. Funny huh?

17 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

good to hear from you again. Spanner has also contacted me and will be taking Spanner's boomsticks back over when he is ready. This whole model thing is kinda screwy since i amk the person in charge of spanner's models until he is fully back because maintain Spanner's Boomsticks so to be honest i don't know who they belong to anymore. whatever no need to fight over it

Soooooo who should I be crediting for this so I can give the right person or persons credit? Haha

13 hours ago, akjax said:

Just checked and I'm still not seeing it. I am searching for MTW, Master Tech Weapons, and also searching TMasterson5 by author.

I don't think there's anything I could be doing wrong to make it not show up.. but maybe someone else could check to be sure? I didn't mean for this to be such a fuss, I don't mind downloading it from Kerbal Stuff. Speaking of that, whenever I go to the Kerbal Stuff page for this under the banner picture for the mod I see

Your mod has been created!

You aren't quite done, though. Read through your listing, add some flair, and publish it!

No idea why. I can't edit the page or anything like that so it's not a big worry, just strange.

Weird, clearly the NSA has hacked your computer 

10 hours ago, Acea said:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1391/Master%20Tech%20Weapons?new=True

Then it'll show the banner, and without new=True when we use this it'll be all right:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1391/Master%20Tech%20Weapons

Sooooo I just need to fix the download link then yeah?

I am the original author of the model, though I realise it may have seen further usage outside of my own projects which complicates things.

Though I think I should make you aware that there's a good possibility that the original Scorpion turret is going to be updated within it's original pack, though unless they directly conflict with one another for whatever reason that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by PrototypeTheta

On 2/14/2016 at 11:25 PM, Yokito Zumi said:

as much as you are abiding the Copyright, Credit Goes to prototype, And i would still take out his content, to avoid clone parts. as its really annoying;

Just a suggestion though.

On 2/14/2016 at 0:27 AM, PrototypeTheta said:

I am the original author of the model, though I realise it may have seen further usage outside of my own projects which complicates things.

Though I think I should make you aware that there's a good possibility that the original Scorpion turret is going to be updated within it's original pack, though unless they directly conflict with one another for whatever reason that shouldn't be a problem.

Look guys, bottom line is its not leaving this mod anytime soon sorry. It took hours of incredibly tedious and annoying trial and error work to get back to a use-able working state in game. 

20 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Look guys, bottom line is its not leaving this mod anytime soon sorry. It took hours of incredibly tedious and annoying trial and error work to get back to a use-able working state in game. 

I'm not asking you to remove it, at all, I know how much of a pain it is to get this one working (wasn't exactly a fun job first time round). I'm amazed you even bothered to fix that old broken mess in the first place.

Edited by PrototypeTheta

2 hours ago, PrototypeTheta said:

I'm not asking you to remove it, at all, I know how much of a pain it is to get this one working (wasn't exactly a fun job first time round). I'm amazed you even bothered to fix that old broken mess in the first place.

Its a really nice looking turret man you did a great job with it!

Just a quick update for you guys. Here is the effects that are WIP for the large guns and a new texture setup. Also in the next update all naval guns have been renamed and sorted better so take them off your ships before updating or you will make the craft file unusable.

Okay the mod is now available on dropbox. Effects and new textures have also been added to some of the guns. 

IMPORTANT! The naval guns have been renamed, if you have any on your craft remove them before updating or you will lose the craft.

2 hours ago, Dusenator said:

Just a heads-up, but the dropbox link seems to be wrong. It's taking me to your Aerospace pack instead of the weapons pack. 

Fixed thank you for the heads up I pasted the weapons link in Aerospace and the Aerospace link here by mistake.

Just a heads up to you guys, Development of this mod will be slowed for the next month or so as I have been tasked with something for work that will severely limit my time to work on it. Thanks for your continued support and let me know what you want to see next!

Also a brief explanation for the new naval ID system:
Example: NG-B-200

• NG-Naval Gun
  • B-Class of weapon, A is the highest tier, B is the middle tier, C is the lowest tier. as you go up the tier you get a lighter weight, more range, more powerful, faster reloads, but also much higher costs
  • 200: Round Identifier. 200 is five inch, 100 is two inch, 10 is 40mm

For radars:
Example: NR-50DL

• NR: Naval Radar
  • 50: radar size and strength, the higher the number, the stronger and larger it is
  • DL: Detection Locking. Some will only have a D or an L. D is for long range detection only radars, L is for shorter range locking radars
  • Also note with the AN-SPY radar panels they are capable of locking also.

For Missiles:
Example: IR-100

• IR-Infrared heat seeking), R-radar locking, C-Cruise Missile, GPS guided
  • 100: missile strength

For Bombs
Example: UGB-250

• UGB-Unguided Bomb, GPSB-GPS guided bomb, GPSNB-GPS guided nuclear bomb
  • 250-bomb size in terms of weight, physical size, and blast yield.

Let me know if any of that is unclear, and I will try to explain it better for you guys!

3 hours ago, Dr.Coconut said:

Can You add your Mod to SpaceDock?

It is already available for download on dropbox, which I believe is a much more stable place for it to live and I can keep old versions of it on there too so that people can revert if they want to.

2 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

It is already available for download on dropbox, which I believe is a much more stable place for it to live and I can keep old versions of it on there too so that people can revert if they want to.

No problem 

I was just asking as it makes it easier to find on spacedock insted of searching on google.

Btw You mod is awesom. Just the Non-stock Apperiance  cockpits of  MTA  looks somewhat average.

3 hours ago, Dr.Coconut said:

No problem 

I was just asking as it makes it easier to find on spacedock insted of searching on google.

Btw You mod is awesom. Just the Non-stock Apperiance  cockpits of  MTA  looks somewhat average.

yeah I understand, I just think that dropbox is the better choice at the moment. 

Thanks for the support! But do you mean the dark grey version or the off white color not matching to squad stock exactly?

1 hour ago, TMasterson5 said:

yeah I understand, I just think that dropbox is the better choice at the moment. 

Thanks for the support! But do you mean the dark grey version or the off white color not matching to squad stock exactly?

Both Lol

yeah, the dark grey one was never meant to.

As for the off white one yeah I know that also I am still trying to get a color that matches well and still looks good that Im happy with sadly. one day hopefully.

I recommend you changing the color of the bombs to green as they will fit better with all the other bombs in BD. They look kinda strange when I mount them on my aircraft. Other than that awesome mod and I especially love the naval guns :D

• 4 weeks later...

Master Tech Weapons V.4 is now live. This update has been a long time coming and is a major step forward for this mod. Almost all of the textures have been redone to look substantially better. Many of the guns now also have fire effects and some have built in RPM cameras that work with any RPM screen. Also on my side I have re organized the mod a bit to make it much easier and faster to push out updates to you guys. So enjoy and let me know what you think!

3-4 months has past, Your mod has grown.

But where is the Neutron Bomb Idea, that you where interested in, be [Created?] at?? I can wait longer than usual :confused:

Edit: And my post is at the top of page..... :mellow:    great just great :P

Edited by Danisaiah
Top of page.