[WIP] RCS size variants and new options

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Explain. Please

Parts still have a manufacturer.  And the manufacturer shows in the list of mission flags available, but mod manufacturers aren't showing in the VAB UI for "select by manufacturer".  It's not so much an issue with the RCS mod, as I usually select those by function anyway.  But it'll be a pain in the Rs for some mods.

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Really?  Strange, what about stock parts and manufacturers?

They're fine.  It may be a requirement that they reference localization or something.  I can't immediately see any other difference from how they were set up.

Actually, there's a new field, title, which will be the localized name.  Trying a title.

It's title.  Easy fix :D

THEN I'll look at localization.  Eventually.

Edited by TiktaalikDreaming

Fixed in latest update.  Going through all these damned mods fixing now.  Seems really petty to upload a whole mod for one extra line in one text file.  About half way through mine.  AND found out my Land Rover mod wasn't working due to a forgotten aborted plugin in the folder.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 7:24 PM, TiktaalikDreaming said:

They're fine.  It may be a requirement that they reference localization or something.  I can't immediately see any other difference from how they were set up.

Actually, there's a new field, title, which will be the localized name.  Trying a title.

It's title.  Easy fix :D

THEN I'll look at localization.  Eventually.

Can you be a bit more specific?  If a manufacturer isn't showing up, what do I need to do to fix it?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you be a bit more specific?  If a manufacturer isn't showing up, what do I need to do to fix it?

In the agencies config, there will be a name and description etc.  Just add a new line with "title =".  I'm assuming parts reference the name as manufacturer = , and then the game uses that to tie in to the agency's location specific title.

EG,  old agency file;

AGENT
{
  name = Kerbal Motion LLC

description = NA

logoURL = Squad/Agencies/KerbalMotion
  logoScaledURL = Squad/Agencies/KerbalMotion_scaled
}

New file

AGENT
{
  name = Kerbal Motion LLC
  title = Kerbal Motion LLC
  description = NA

logoURL = Squad/Agencies/KerbalMotion
  logoScaledURL = Squad/Agencies/KerbalMotion_scaled
}

Although the squad ones obviously have auto_loc blah blah

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, mogwi70 said:

Thanks man.  Good luck, and thanks for your time.

Testing suggests that this works fine in 1.4.  So I've marked it as such, and CKAN etc should pick up on that.
At some stage I'm going to need to revisit the FX for the mono engines though.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.