Bigger plane parts

mipmo

Hey guys!

First things first, if I posted this in the wrong place, please move this thread.

I have been trying to build bigger plane in the last few months.

I love the MK3 plane parts, and I have been building quite good planes (ones that can be unattended for 4 hours and still be flying on course).

Since the J-90 "Goliath" Engines came out, I have had an itch to try them out, but they seem to be a bit oversized, compared to the fuselages and wings of the planes I have tried to build, even the Stock C7 300 "Stratosoar" seems to be a slight bit off.

So, can I please request some bigger Airplane parts?

That would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

P.S: If someone has built a stock reasonable-looking plane with the Goliaths, I'd love to see it!

P.P.S: I have no experience with creating mods myself, so I can't offer any advice on how to solve problems with code.:P

Edited by mipmo
Small typo

41 minutes ago, mipmo said:

P.S: If someone has built a stock reasonable-looking plane with the Goliaths, I'd love to see it!

The Goliath is a very versatile engine for the MK3 parts.  It fits nicely in my opinion not under the wing, but on the rear third of the fuselage.

8vdfngO.png

Of course if you want to build something that makes even the Goliath's look small, then, erm:

K131rNQ.png

That's all stock by the way....

I think your request is in the right place.  There are mods that give you larger wing parts already, but I'm probably not the one to point them out to you.  Good luck though I'm sure someone will chip in.

SM

Thank you both!

@T-Pilot395 I'll give that mod a try. Hopefully my Intel i5 with Intel Integrated Graphics doesn't fry itself:P

And wow. That second plane. I looked at it and thought "Wow, that's big" when I realised, that the Tailfin and Elevons (?) were the Main Wings! How many parts does that plane even  have, @Speeding Mullet?

Edited by mipmo
Realising how lazy I was

On 1/10/2016 at 1:52 AM, mipmo said:

And wow. That second plane. I looked at it and thought "Wow, that's big" when I realised, that the Tailfin and Elevons (?) were the Main Wings! How many parts does that plane even  have, @Speeding Mullet?

that wasn't as big as it got either!  Check this thread out it might even give you some ideas on building large planes!  No idea how many parts it is, I'll have a check tonight and edit it into this post for you!

The tail fin is the largest available wing yes haha.  The main wings are made up of somewhere between 6-8 wings each side.  I was going for the A380 wing profile.

EDIT:

There's 3 available sizes:

1)  A380 Stupor Krumbo - 724 seats, actually very flyable, 324 parts.

2)  A380 Stupor Krumbo Beluga - 820 seats, just about flyable, 353 parts

3)   A380 Stupor Krumbo Choad Goliath Beluga Guppy - 1024 seats.  Will still take off before the end of the runway (just).  Barely flyable. 493 parts.

This is the biggest variant:

GYRpAnW.png

I used them to enter Inigma's Largest Aircraft to Land at KSC Island Challenge

SM 

Edited by Speeding Mullet

Perhaps I should rephrase my request.

While OPT and MK4 are awesome mods, I was looking for more of an "airliner part" kind of thing, such as a big circular crew compartment, B777-style, and things like that.

Sorry for annoying people with my inexperience on the forums and mods.:(

:EDIT:

By the way, @Speeding Mullet, how's your computer, and house for that matter, not on fire?:P

Edited by mipmo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.