Need your own thread moved or locked? Post here.

Rich

5 minutes ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

Posted in the wrong thread? K, moving.

Please don't botch it please don't botch it pleasedon't

Moved!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been recently trying to get myself back in the forums but I'd like to have more of a fresh start. I've missed so much that I feel leaving some of the old stuff behind is the only way to move forward.

Is there any way some of my old threads could not be locked, but just deleted all together? It would be a huge push for me to come back here.

Many thanks, I hope that you've all done fine in the times I've been gone. A lot has happened apparently.

4 hours ago, DMSP said:

Hello, I've been recently trying to get myself back in the forums but I'd like to have more of a fresh start. I've missed so much that I feel leaving some of the old stuff behind is the only way to move forward.

Is there any way some of my old threads could not be locked, but just deleted all together? It would be a huge push for me to come back here.

Many thanks, I hope that you've all done fine in the times I've been gone. A lot has happened apparently.

You may edit the content out of your own posts, if you want to go to the trouble. However, your threads cannot be deleted because not all the posts in them belong to you. 

8 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

You may edit the content out of your own posts, if you want to go to the trouble. However, your threads cannot be deleted because not all the posts in them belong to you. 

Makes sense. I think there are a few of the older ones that actually are just me. Would those ones be deletable?

[Edit]: Scrap that, almost all of them were responded to. I'll just have to live with the garbage that was 2014-2015. Many thanks Vanamonde!

Edited by DMSP

Guys, let's go over this again. 

Only the OP of a thread can ask for it to be closed. Only the OP of a mod thread can tell us if someone else has permission to take over a mod. Only the submitter of a post can edit it or give moderators permission to edit it 

If the word does not come to the mod team directly from the OP/mod creator, we have no way of knowing whether it's legitimate and we cannot grant the request. 

If you are going to take over someone else's work, please have THAT person contact the mod team. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Galileo the idea of locking a thread is that it's no longer useful or is causing serious trouble, and so will stay closed. We'd rather not be turning them on and off like light switches. It creates work for us moderators and confuses and frustrates people who want to post in the thread. What purpose did you have in mind?