Need your own thread moved or locked? Post here.

Rich

Reading the last pages of this thread this might not be the right question to ask, but would it be possible to [B]close[/B] [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114591-Kerbal-Military-Engineering-BD-Armory"]KME[/URL] and [B]move[/B] it to the Spacecraft Exchange? I don´t want to continue the thread, as it might be role-playing affected, but I want to be able to link to it in a craft showcase of mine that might appear in the future. I read there will be a read-only Rocket Builders on the new forums, but I don´t want it temporarly but forever. If this isn´t possible, please just close it. I guess I will make new craft then :). It would be nice, however.

Good morning, moderators, I need to get the following thread deleted:

[url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/140399-Not-sure-where-this-goes[/url]

I would like to extend my apologies for this particular rant about the changes facing the forum and the game itself as it is updated to 1.5.0. Instead, I will refocus my efforts on mod building, graphics generation, and POSITIVE comments about the various changes in order to create a more friendly environment (and so I don't get labeled as the old grouchy man). :cool:

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Zapped for you, adsii1970.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sal_vager']There, it's gone adsii1970.

You ninja![/QUOTE]

Thanks y'all! I appreciate it. As I previously stated, I should never have started a thread like that (hopefully self-moderation is not an offense as is armchair moderating).

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Any updates?[/QUOTE]
No threads are being moved out of Rocket Builders. No exceptions.

We're working on guidelines for the new threads in the Spacecraft Exchange, for now you can copy out your OP to a new thread there so it stays active after the migration. Once the guidelines are in place you can make any changes required (if any).

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']No threads are being moved out of Rocket Builders. No exceptions.

We're working on guidelines for the new threads in the Spacecraft Exchange, for now you can copy out your OP to a new thread there so it stays active after the migration. Once the guidelines are in place you can make any changes required (if any).[/QUOTE]

May I ask why? Or is that against the rules?

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']May I ask why? Or is that against the rules?[/QUOTE]
Policy questions are fine, it's just questions of individual moderation actions that are against the rules (since we don't comment publicly on individual member moderation for privacy reasons).

We're going to begin properly enforcing the "no roleplay" rule, which has largely not been enforced in RB. This loose enforcement has lead to RB requiring an amount of moderation that is way out of proportion to the amount of traffic there. It would not be fair to move some threads and not others, as that would lead to accusations of favoritism. Further, the guidelines for what is considered roleplaying and what is allowable are changing, it would not be right to retroactively moderate users for this change in rule interpretation (by this I mean that moving some threads and not others is effectively moderating those that are not moving).

It's been decided that the best way forward is to start with a clean slate, with no baggage of "this is how this thread has always been".