1 second freeze every 5 seconds

Hello, I just am asking for some help. I experience a 1 to 2 second lag every 1-5 seconds. The scenery setting is already set for low. I also have some mods, including dynamic texture loader. I used to have Active texture management, but I hated that all of the icons and flags on the contract got pixilated. I don't know if it is my computer (I know that it is not the best one) or if it's the settings or the numbers of mods that I have. All advice is appreciated. Here is my mod list. Thanks

Wxi1ZTc.png

Edited by cutlercollin99
Bad grammar

32 minutes ago, cutlercollin99 said:

Hello, I just am asking for some help. I experience a 1 to 2 second lag every 10-15 seconds.

When you say lag, do you mean a delay on control inputs (the normal meaning of lag) or do you mean the game freezes completely?  If it does freeze, then is it really for 1-2 seconds or is this an exaggeration provoked by frustration (I don't blame you at all if it is)?  (Incidentally, you say every 10-15 seconds in the post but the title says 7 seconds).

It sounds like you are experiencing the "garbage collection stutter" bug but 1-2 seconds is a long time for a garbage collection.  What spec is your machine (full CPU model and speed and GPU model)?  There is a thread over in the unmodded support section talking about this bug (here).

It could be something else so can you upload your player.log file (the "How to get support" sticky thread in this subforum describes where it is) to some sort of file sharing site and post a link?

36 minutes ago, cutlercollin99 said:

I used to have Active texture management, but I hated that all of the icons and flags on the contract got pixilated.

I'm pretty sure that ATM can be configured to ignore specific bitmaps so you can set it up to avoid this.  However, I'm not sure how useful ATM is in the latest KSP and I would be surprised if it had much impact on this issue anyway.

Hm, I've also been getting lagspikes and FPS drops for a brief moment as well, and I'm also using DTL. However, I've tried looking without DTL and it was happening without, so, I'm not so sure it's DTL.

Anyways, I've gotten annoyed by it to the point where I'm currently trying to figure out what it is. I have a pretty short list of suspects though since it started fairly recently.

I've also been getting lagspikes in the mission control screen, so.....

edit: @cutlercollin99 Is that your full modlist?

Edited by smjjames

@smjjames Yes, that is my mod list. I thought that it would be one of the mods or something, but form what I'm reading it is a bug in the vanilla game or something. I hope this gets fixed. 

@Padishar Thanks for the sites and your comments. It helped me a ton. I'm also using a 2013 mid MacBook Air. The processor is 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB 

Edited by cutlercollin99

8 hours ago, cutlercollin99 said:

@Padishar Thanks for the sites and your comments. It helped me a ton. I'm also using a 2013 mid MacBook Air. The processor is 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB 

Yes, the stutter issue does affect the stock game though it is also true that some mods can make it significantly worse.  I can easily believe that the garbage collections are taking 1-2 seconds on your machine as they can take half a second on a fast desktop cpu and yours is running at a third of the speed.

You may find that one or more of your mods are making the stutter worse, either increasing the frequency of the pauses or increasing the length of each pause and, if that is the case then please let us (or, preferably, the mod author) know.  If you do find this then make sure to provide some evidence.  The best way to do this is to install the GCMonitor mod and take a screenshot of the "sawtooth" display with the mod in question installed and not installed.  The pauses should coincide with when the GCMonitor graph drops down.

There are some parts, most notably fuel cells and ISRU converters (and anything else that uses ModuleResourceConverter) that definitely produce excessive garbage so you should probably avoid using them if at all possible, and don't use lots on the same vessel especially if the vessel has lots of parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.