Raster Prop Monitr

2 hours ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

When I download Raster prop monitor, the monitors are not there which kind of defeats the whole purpose of Raster prop monitor. Can anyone help me?

:cool:

Have never used the mod myself, but the usual questions-- can you describe exactly what you did?  Did you install it properly?  And is this a question that would be more appropriate in the Raster Prop Monitor forum thread?

Firstly, I would figure this belongs in the RPM thread that Snark kindly linked to.

Secondly, is it a stock or mod cockpit not getting the displays?
If stock: reinstall RasterProp and make sure to follow the installation instructions.
If mod: Check the mods thread for whether or not RPM is supported. If RPM is supported then reinstall the mod from whence the cockpit came.
If both: Do both, reinstalling RPM before reinstalling the other mod.

Also, a rule of thumb when looking for technical support. Give as much information as humanly possible, and report it t the proper thread.

14 hours ago, Wemb said:

Which cockpit are you using which doesn't got the monitors?  You know the monitors are only visible in the IVA (cockpit) view? Push 'C' to toggle between the IVA and normal view.

Wemb

I'm not that dumb. I have been Playing KSP for 10 months now and have already gone onto a medium Jool Orbit.

Also, all of the cockpits just have a big empty space in the middle and where the monsters should be. Where ever the monitors should be, there is just a giant space with nothing.

14 hours ago, FungusForge said:

Firstly, I would figure this belongs in the RPM thread that Snark kindly linked to.

Secondly, is it a stock or mod cockpit not getting the displays?
If stock: reinstall RasterProp and make sure to follow the installation instructions.
If mod: Check the mods thread for whether or not RPM is supported. If RPM is supported then reinstall the mod from whence the cockpit came.
If both: Do both, reinstalling RPM before reinstalling the other mod.

Also, a rule of thumb when looking for technical support. Give as much information as humanly possible, and report it t the proper thread.

Firstly, I don't Have to answer that.

Secondly, I am Using all stock command pods.

And That is pretty much it.

Note: I have a really old computer. About 6 or 7 years old.

Ah.mI remember when I unpacked the box and I turned it into a giant cardboard Dinner table that I could strap around my neck. And then I could eat Pizzan while watching TV.

Edited by Dr.K Kerbal
Ummmm. I don't know

2 minutes ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

I'm not that dumb. I have been Playing KSP for 10 months now and have already gone onto a medium Jool Orbit

Don't take it personally-- KSP players come in all shapes and sizes, and have a very wide degree of experience.  Without having had past interaction with you, there's no way for a person answering your question here to know what your level of expertise is.  So the sensible thing to do for an answerer is to start by covering the basics, just as a sanity check.

One thing you can do to make life easier for people answering your question is to provide more context when asking the question.  i.e. instead of just saying "I tried to <do thing> but it didn't work! Why?", provide additional information about "here's what I tried already", or "I'd like to find out <thing> but can't because I don't know how to <other thing>", etc.

That helps people, not only because it gives them a clearer picture of what they need to know in order to be helpful, but also because it helps give them a general picture of your level of KSP experience and therefore they can do a better job of tailoring their response to your knowledge level.

In short:  if he gave you advice-for-a-newbie, it was because your original post didn't have enough information in it for him to categorize you any differently.  ;)

Ok. Here's the thing. All KSP players start out somewhere. And for me, I started the day before my birthday. I went looking on YouTube for space shuttle videos and came across some KSP ones. I continued to look at KSP videos and then decided to look up what KSP was. I told my farther what KSP was and said that he might get it for my birthday because my birthday was coming up soon. 

I knew that when Dad said not to go into the study, I knew something was happening. I snuck a quick look and saw that he was downloading it. Dad then pushed me out of the room and then left for work. I started playing X-Plane 10 witch was the game I liked before KSP and when my parents left the room, I started playing it. I built the worst rocket ever In my life. It was a Mk cockpit With 5 or 6 Kerodyne SE -14600 fuel tanks, a mammoth engine and 8 kickback booster without the decouples. Yes. This thing was bad. And I didn't even know what button was SAS but now I am making rockets to take me to JOOL!!!  :wink:

Dr. K Kerbal

:cool:

Edited by Dr.K Kerbal
Switching from iPad to Computer

All I can really say is if everything is up to date (KSP 1.0.5, and the latest RPM), and you didn't use CKAN for installation (CKAN has borked installs for me before, so better safe than sorry), best I can do is tell you you'd be better off bringing this to the RPM thread. The people will know more about the common issues, and you can get tech support from the mod author himself.

Part of the reason our responses have been the way they are is the same reason the guys you call when your computer breaks ask if its plugged in. We know nothing about you and figure its best to cover the easy solutions first. You'd be truly amazed how often the easy solution ends up fixing the issue.

What command module are you using? Not all stock pods even have those RPM screens. Let's check if you have those on the very first Mk1 command pod - that one is definately supported. If there are big black screens in IVA, saying "Junk Systems Inc" or something similar than you installed the mod well, and all you need is to activate the displays by the buttons above or below them.

p4C7zCk.png

In this screen, some of those buttons are covered by a sticker from B.K., but you can still click them.

Keep in mind that some RPM functions need other mods to be installed - for example, that wireframe image on the left needs the VesselView mod, etc. The RPM thread mentions all other mods that give extra functionality.

If the black screens aren't there or doesn't function, make sure you extracted everything to the correct place - you should have GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor in your KSP folder. Can't really think of anything else that could have gone wrong.

Edited by Evanitis

6 hours ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

I'm not that dumb. I have been Playing KSP for 10 months now and have already gone onto a medium Jool Orbit.

Alas! Obviously I should have known that were that experienced and weren't, for instance, someone who only started playing KSP two days ago. I understand it must be annoying to get replies from people who clearly don't automatically know how many hours you've put into the game. Especially when your described problem would probably indicate that either the mod has not been properly installed, or that you've not entirely understood how to use it.  In both cases, it might indicate that you might not have fully grasped how to use it.  But I'm glad you've dispelled me of the notion that you don't knowwhat the mod is supposed to do. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

Also, all of the cockpits just have a big empty space in the middle and where the monsters should be. Where ever the monitors should be, there is just a giant space with nothing.

In which case I assume you have probably not installed the mod properly. I would suggest rechecking what you've done and re-reading the manual.

Good luck! Wemb.

Edited by Wemb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.