Mk1 bay and mk1 cockpit change

imho i think they RUINED the MK1 cockpit. Sure, lear jets are neat and fun and all, but, I liked the old aesthetic better. But, in the spirit of compromise, why doesnt squad bring back the OLD MK1 cockpit and call it a MK0 or something and have both? Just my 2 cents ofc

6 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

imho i think they RUINED the MK1 cockpit. Sure, lear jets are neat and fun and all, but, I liked the old aesthetic better. But, in the spirit of compromise, why doesnt squad bring back the OLD MK1 cockpit and call it a MK0 or something and have both? Just my 2 cents ofc

I prefer the new Mk.1, and I agree with this. We should really have access to both.

Generally speaking, the devs shouldn't take away parts that people like using if they don't have to.

Best,

-Slashy

6 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

true dat bro

Think about the fact that the game already has memory problems.  Every new part that is added takes more memory if it doesn't reuse any textures, also an IVA takes even more memory for coding, etc.

Also, it increases the support needed.  I don't know their reasoning, but it may be that the old IVA had problems and they replaced it with a new one.

It would be nice if someone were to take the old IVA and make it available as a mod

18 minutes ago, TheAbsoluteDoge said:

Veelcth I know it was made to go to other planets,moons and such but I'm the person that ksp for the laughs and explosions.

Cool.

Anyway, an X-1 cockpit would be pretty simple to model, me thinks. Just take that tiny-to-small size tank full of LF and add front windows to it. Not like I can model or anything, but would defo love to see it in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.