FanWork Friday: Excelsior Rover!

SQUAD

What do I think? I think that looks like something I made! XD Somebody already had taken the name "Starwhip" on DeviantArt, I was sad. ): That's me.
I came here thinking, "No way, that can't be my rover. I made it like, three months ago." But it was. :D
This is the original screenshot:

sND3J0r.png

I just started drawing over it in Inkscape, I think it came out quite well.

20 hours ago, LordKael said:

Starwhip, any chance of a craft file for that rover?

Yeah, I put it out a while ago- whooah that embedding is funky. And cool. :D

EDIT: I now remember that the craft used the offset center of mass of the basic jet engine to get its super low CG. Which with the part overhaul now sticks out the top of the craft. :/ Whoops. You should be able to take the engine off with no issues to structure and little to performance.

Edited by Starwhip

1 hour ago, Starwhip said:

Yeah, I put it out a while ago- whooah that embedding is funky. And cool. :D

EDIT: I now remember that the craft used the offset center of mass of the basic jet engine to get its super low CG. Which with the part overhaul now sticks out the top of the craft. :/ Whoops. You should be able to take the engine off with no issues to structure and little to performance.

Thanks! I really love the look of that thing. 

On January 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Starwhip said:

What do I think? I think that looks like something I made! XD Somebody already had taken the name "Starwhip" on DeviantArt, I was sad. ): That's me.
I came here thinking, "No way, that can't be my rover. I made it like, three months ago." But it was. :D
This is the original screenshot:

sND3J0r.png

I just started drawing over it in Inkscape, I think it came out quite well.

LET ME like TWICE, PLZ!

17 minutes ago, Tianar said:

I would like to be able to mount this rover on a rocket to deploy it to the Mun or Duna, any good ideas for doing so? I'm having trouble finding the root part.

Oof. The root part is buried deep, deep inside the craft, if I remember correctly, or it's one of the I-Beams of the main lower frame.
I'd suggest using the frontmost I-Beam's attachment node to clip a decoupler into the craft, though you'd need to test it to see if it doesn't explode.
The spoiler also has a cubic octagonal strut, maybe there?
Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.