You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

1. You watch D&D on YouTube (Critical Role Campaign2 and their current Exandria Unlimited series)

2. You dream about D&D

3.  You watch Journey Into The Microcosmos. 

oh hey new paget @ 061607222021

Edited by AlamoVampire

When you realise that Jar Jar Binks was introduced so that he was dumb enough to give the deciding vote that allowed Chancellor Palpatine to become the Emperor in Revenge of the Sith.

Okay, here's my shot at it -

• Bad science fiction movies using military elements: Oh, being prior military for eight years, this is a pet peeve. I hate seeing some guy who is portraying any officer having insignia that does not belong to the branch, does not belong to the military they supposedly represent (like British officers using American military rank insignia), or even military equipment for a first world nation (in one such bad movie, they had a Russian diesel submarine being used as a U.S. Navy submarine with the words "United States Navy" on the side of the sub...:mad:). Or the other thing - high ranking enlisted and officers being portrayed as something just a bit smarter than a Neanderthal. No, in my experience, high ranking enlisted and officers are normally some of the smartest folk I've come across.
  • Bad science contained in science fiction movies: Gaah. We need a barfing Kerbal emoji. On Amazon Prime, there are a whole bunch of really bad sci-fi movies with rotten science.
    • A three-mile asteroid cannot be redirected with a handful of nuclear warheads. Sorry, it cannot. Physics cannot be changed. It would take a lot more to accomplish the goal of redirecting the asteroid - providing there is ample warning. Even NASA and the ESA have said it would have to be outside of lunar orbit to achieve that kind of goal. Once it's inside lunar orbit.
    • No, you're not going to stop volcanic lava flow or seal off the cauldron of a volcano by spraying water on it. Sure, in some parts of Hawaii, the flow is small enough they can slow it down with water, but you're not going to stop an erupting volcano.

9 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

No, you're not going to stop volcanic lava flow or seal off the cauldron of a volcano by spraying water on it. Sure, in some parts of Hawaii, the flow is small enough they can slow it down with water, but you're not going to stop an erupting volcano.

Umm, which part of that was you know you are a nerd?

You know you are nerd when you attach a fusion powered Ion engine to the incoming asteroid and nudge it just enough to go into a sling shot orbit that will throw it into Venus, just so you get a quick glimpse through Venus's atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

When you calculate completely useless things for fun, for example, what the surface gravity, mass and cost of a minifig scale lego replica of the earth would be. (0.5m/s² (approximately, I don't know how to calculate the gravity equation so I found something close to the estimate of the mass and used it's gravity), ~5 yottagrams, and so much money that if you made it a stack of South African 1 rand (the South African currency) (At least I think it is 1 rand coins, my very well be 5 rand, 2 rand, or 10 cent coins (I did this calculation a while ago and can't remember everything)) it would stretch 1500 lightyears (if my calculations are correct))

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...