You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

When youre watching Evan and Katelyn on youtube make a giant 1,000 wick candle and the first thought you have after Evan cuts a pair of wooden platforms for inside the candle base: he just barely met the DC (difficulty class for the non d&d players) when you see how janky his cutouts are.

Edited by AlamoVampire

You know you're Njörðr when:

• your much younger wife is again disappearing off to the next annual biathlon competition;
  • your home is stunk up with annoying smell of her ski wax and ski suit;
  • your bathroom is occupied by a hundred jars of cosmetics ski wax;
  • when she returns home you can easily guess her mood by the sound of ski on the snow;
  • she hates the stupid seagull screams outside you house, but is fond of the boring howling of stupid fleabags;
  • her late father was a kidnapper, a garden thief, and an overall cool guy;
  • she is fond of blind dates, and that's why she made a mistake and married to you instead of that handsome, due to thinking that the legs on the photo belong to a skilled skier, while actually you are an aged not very healthy dude and never tried skiing.

You know youre a nerd if you: 1. Can complete the phrase below w/out a search of any kind, 2. Know the source of said phrase, 3. Know where said phrase can be easily located or was potentially made famous:

math, science, history unravelling the mystery….

On 3/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, AlamoVampire said:

You know youre a nerd if you: 1. Can complete the phrase below w/out a search of any kind, 2. Know the source of said phrase, 3. Know where said phrase can be easily located or was potentially made famous:

1: I can

2: I do.

3: I know.

And may I add some other favourites from the source. One Week, It's All Been Done, If I had A Million Dollars.

When you understand why in the phrase "A Million Dollars" 

• there is "a million" but no "of" what (the "dollars");
  • but on the other hand, there is a plural in "million dollars" but there is a preceding "a" (which is kinda for singulars).
  • and on the third hand, why not a "a dollarmillion", "dollarthousand", "dollarhundred", if the "million" is just a prefix and needs no plural suffix "s", like "1 Mdollar", "1 kdollar".

P.S.
Self-tested . I'm not a nerd :(, i don't know.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 3/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, AlamoVampire said:

That all started with a big bang bang

How to start up an Boeing 737 NG (Works for the -600, -700, -800, and -900)

• Battery switch on (you pull the cover down)
  • Grd power on if avail, if not turn the APU on, when it's on connect the APU generators, the plane now has full power.
  • ADIRS to "nav" next up go to the Init page on the fmc and set your current airport and grab it's coordinates so the ADIRS align. In about 7 mins all your navigation systems should come on, time depends on your distance to the equator.
  • Meanwhile set up the fmc and autopilot as needed for takeoff. When the ADIRS are aligned flip the F/D switches on and turn Vnav and Lnav on if you are going to use that. Yaw damper goes to on.
  • Now to engine start, Beacon light goes to on, same for navegation. APU Bleed on (APU needs to be on for this so turn it on if you were using grd power), both packs to off, and put the Isolation valve to auto. Flip all of the fuel pumps to on, center pumps can be left off if there's no fuel there. Turn all hydraulics on.  Now switch Engine start to either L or R. Now go to one of the engine switches and put it to GRD, the engine will begging to spool up, once N2 hits 12 inject fuel. Once N1 reaches 18 the engine is ready to go. Repeat for the other engine.
  • Turn on the engine generators and bleeds. Turn off the APU gen, bleed and the APU itself.
  • Engine igniters go to CONT, Flaps 5, auto break to RTO, set your cruise altitude on the pressurization panel and turn the Packs on.
  • If the plane isn't equipped with auto probe heat turn that on.
  • Congratulations you can now work for Ryanair.

When you see someone on the forums talking about a "T-800" and first think that they're talking about a truck.

T800:

t800-header.jpg

T-800

5464ba43ca29e61ee3c3ef3d8b056cc9.jpg

Well I guess trucks aren't particularly a nerdy thing to have knowledge in but whatever

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

On 4/1/2023 at 10:28 PM, Ben J. Kerman said:

Well I guess trucks aren't particularly a nerdy thing to have knowledge in but whatever

it's pretty nerdy to have that much knowledge in trucks lol

anyhow, you know you're a nerd when you look up the XKCDs and SCPs corresponding to your robotics team numbers.