You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

when: "mutlithreading ?" ... don't ask me now hide a A

when: all i can say is time will ideas things all by itself  when it come ; )

edit:

pok&goDDmoarning around tralalalathreading is something simplicated' you can('t) understand with a single word or 2 you know ^^ i m not even sure what it may or could mean

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
also anagram and spoonerism add even more, what happen when you place your head in a washer ? either headhachk either brainwatch

When you believe that throwing medicinal pills in the earth oceans and seas won't "cure" this planet magnetic bipolarity "sickness"

When you have a theory and guinea yourself ownself about freud, jung & the concept of being more sensitive than usual to a few non-rainbow spectrum things, is a real pain earth can feel and rescale

When "don"t put your hand in the box" ... "there only pain" noticeably overscaled pain due to extra&sparse-sensitivities

When you think the tuning tests is a hobby to pimp some cares (( (( because 1052 ; noticeably )) ))

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

On 12/22/2016 at 0:01 PM, kerbiloid said:

Easily. 4 fingers x (3 phalanges + 1 nail), so 16 positions.

(A thumb like a cursor, of course - as in 12-based.)

That's using your whole hand. With that method, you'd be able to count to FF (255 in decimal) using both thumbs as cursors. With binary (each finger represents a multiple of two, up is 1, down is 0) I can count to 1111111111 (1023 in decimal, 3FF in hexadecimal). If each finger could be in any position from 0 to F, then you could count to FFFFFFFFFF, or about 1.844674407371E+19 in decimal.

When your search history has things like "specific heat of chitin," "incidence of earthlike planets," and "thermal turbojet cross section."

When most of your Christmas presents came in anti-static bags.

When you want to use your square-meter lens to run a CNC thermal etcher, because CO2 lasers are pricey.

When you use metric in daily life like the civilized world, even though you live in the US.

When you find drawing circuits at the gate level calming.

When you:

• Use the rankine scale.
  • Memorized all U.S. Presidents
  • Are excited to take the SAT and ACT
  • Love politics.
  • Memorized first few scenes of zootopia.
  • Memorized most of the first episode of Futurama
  • Memorized most of the first chapter of "The lighting thief"
  • Know the meanings behind NOR, OR, NOT, XOR, AND, NAND, and XNOR
  • Use the Oxford comma
  • Use bulleted lists.
  • and more!

3 hours ago, ThaZeus said:
  • Use the rankine scale.

Ah, Rankine. There was an ad in one of the Scientific Americans for...a wind tunnel? that reached several hundred Rankines. I think that was from the sixties. Only other time I've seen it was in an aeronautics engineering textbook a friend loaned me a few years back.

You're a nerd when you wonder what part of a can gives it cash return value. Is it the sticker that says "CRV"? Is it the presence of most of the can in a largely can-like form? Could I embezzle minuscule amounts of aluminum for my own devices?

Also when you instantly snap to bleeding-edge materials science to solve everyday problems.

8 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

You know you are a nerd when you view everyday objects as Subatomic Particles like i do

On the next level you'll realize that those particles are just colloquial descriptions of recurring details of a mathematical abstraction. You'll think in bit packs.

(Unless you are speaking about those transparent points floating before one's eyes after a physical effort).

Edited by kerbiloid