You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

4 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

When you are commenting in this thread.....:wink:

When you make this thread...

Also when you're walking in the snow (or anywhere, for that matter ) and all you can think of is the footprints you'll make in the Martian regolith someday.

When your idea of a good night out is to go and see a standup mathematician

When your iPod has plenty of episodes of The Life Scientific and The Infinite Monkey Cage to listen to on your commute.

When you reply to forum threads like this and make sure you post links because you want everyone else to enjoy them too

When you get several boardgames for Christmas and your birthday (is that nerdy or geeky?)

Luckily I married a maths teacher so don't get in too much trouble for being nerdy at home.

7 hours ago, cubinator said:

Also when you're walking in the snow (or anywhere, for that matter ) and all you can think of is the footprints you'll make in the Martian regolith someday.

I actually live in Utah, USA which has a lot of igneous rock scattered about and the terrain is made of oxidized sedimentary rock.  If it weren't for the blue sky, flora, and the Moon then the place would look just like the surface of Mars.  NASA has actually used regions near here to test various Mars surface exploration technologies.  This place was also once underwater and now it's a desert, it just has so many parallels with Mars.  It's like I am living on a terraformed Mars (with Earth gravity and Earth's Moon).  It's pretty awesome.

1 minute ago, mikeman7918 said:

I actually live in Utah, USA which has a lot of igneous rock scattered about and the terrain is made of oxidized sedimentary rock.  If it weren't for the blue sky, flora, and the Moon then the place would look just like the surface of Mars.  NASA has actually used regions near here to test various Mars surface exploration technologies.  This place was also once underwater and now it's a desert, it just has so many parallels with Mars.  It's like I am living on a terraformed Mars (with Earth gravity and Earth's Moon).  It's pretty awesome.

It always impresses me when I look at pictures of Mars and they look just like pictures of Earth deserts. You would hardly know which planet it's of if not for the different colored sky (although sometimes it's pretty similar too). I wish it still had oceans, that would be so cool to visit.

You know you are a nerd when your phone has 5 different calculator apps.

You know you are a nerd when you read a book about how computers work just for fun.

You know you are a nerd when you regularly think about all the crazy stuff happening inside of you right now.

You know you are a nerd when your favorite classes in school are science classes that your classmates say are really hard.

You know you are a nerd when you regularly have probelems that can be solved with a computer program, and you make computer programs to solve those probelems.

You know you're a nerd when the most prominent objects on your desk (besides computer hardware) are a microscope, a complete 1x1x1-7x7x7 cube tower, a Saturn V model (with 3 stages!), a Space Shuttle model, and a shelf full of different 3x3x3 cubes.

On February 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM, cubinator said:

You know you're a nerd when the most prominent objects on your desk (besides computer hardware) are a microscope, a complete 1x1x1-7x7x7 cube tower, a Saturn V model (with 3 stages!), a Space Shuttle model, and a shelf full of different 3x3x3 cubes.

That basically describes my room.  Are you me from the future or something?

You know you are a nerd when you are strait and you have had a drivers license for a few years yet you have still been on only one date ever.

You know when your a nerd when you were in elementary school  you had a High School textbook cause whynot.

You know when you are a nerd when you go on you tube and just look for fact videos

You know when you are a nerd when you decide to write a letter to a Astronaut

You Know when you are a nerd when you have fun on a calculator

You know when you are a nerd when you decide to take the STEM Academy in High School

You know when you are a nerd when you find a unit a "Review" when everyone is still learning it for the first time

5 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

You know you're a nerd when you crack up at this:

440335066v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-tr

Took me a bit cause I did not learn about Imaginary numbers or Sigmas

4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Have you ever used a graphing calculator?  So much fun!

I probably lost an entire year's worth of class programming a crappy Pong program that wasn't even Pong on my calc. It sucked and was really laggy (dat 10Mhz CPU though) but it was 2.5 KB of blood, sweat, and "[Hobbes], put that away, this is social studies class."

You know you're a nerd when you visit KSP Forums more than your other social networks.

KSP Forums, best social network.

Edited by Guest