[1.0.5] Darkona's Resurrection Project - old mods, new life. (2016 - 01 - 17)

Darkona

Hello dear reader.

This is a thread for organizing and sharing in a single place the work I'm doing to revive, resurrect or maintain abandoned mods. Or anything in general, really.

The general idea is to grab old, abandoned, orphan, incomplete or otherwise currently unused mods and give them new life in the current KSP version.

I'm very open to suggestions and contributions.

I do config file / Module Manager tweaking, and some of coding. I am absolutely terrible at 3D modelling and mediocre at best at texturing, so it is unlikely I'll do any of those.

So, without further ado, below is the info on the already resurrected/tweaked/refreshed/updated mods:

Current KSP version[1.0.5]

Sam Hall - Kerbonov Kn2

m8jfWXjl.jpg  

Kerbonov Kn2 is a parts pack that adds a very nice cockpit with beautiful interiors, a mini jet engine, probe-sized RCS thrustes with monoprop in them, RATOs, a probe-sized decoupler, and some other goodies.

Download:

TLq0g3g.png

Changelog:

1.1:

• Engines now use ModuleEngineFX
  • The decoupler now has the default KSP sound, because the bundled one wasn't working.
  • All nodes have been checked so they comply to the new attachment rules.
  • Thermal information has been added so things can now explode properly.

All credit to Sam Hall

Tweaking based on the excellent previous work of aristurtle: Forum post

License: CC 3.0 Share Alike with attribution

by-sa

TurboNisu -  Stockalike Parts For Useful Aesthetics

kspmodpartspreview_by_turbopastry-d76are4.jpg

TurboNisu made this excellent parts pack that fills some gaps in the stock variety. 

Download:

TLq0g3g.png

Changelog:

1.2:

• Revisited truss attachment nodes.
  • Tweaked all masses.
  • Added missing thermal info.
  • Added License to the download

1.1:

• Fixed attachment nodes in all girder and truss pieces.
  • Added thermal information
  • Weaked weight for little truss pieces.

All credit to TurboNisu

Tweaking based on the excellent previous work of a__gunForum post

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

by-nc-sa

pizzaoverhead -  Battery Indicator

54KEOfS.png

pizzaoverhead made this very neat little mod that lets you tell at a glance the status of the Z-100 Batteries.

He wanted to add more stuff but hasn't touched it in a while so I did.

Download:

TLq0g3g.png

Changelog:

1.5:

• Added color for locked batteries, defaults to blue.
  • Added a gradient mode for the light so it changes smoothly.
  • Made colors configurable via config file.

1.6:

• Increased the gradient steps to 8, so the colors will step in the middle of each pair.
  • Added color for full batteries, the default is white.
  • Added a percentage between full and caution, called okPercentage, default is green.

All credit to pizzaoverhead

License: GPLv2 - Sources included in the download.

--

This is my way of saying thank you both to this amazing comunity, and the mod devs who work for no other reason than making more fun available for everyone else.

Edited by Darkona

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Darkona - It looks like the BatteryIndicator zip file has two copies of the files in it. There'a a second BatteryIndicatorV1.6 directory under the top BatteryIndicatorV1.6 directory, that looks to have everything in it (apart from the extra BatteryIndicatorV1.6 folder)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: Thank you. I've been using every one of mods you've updated ever since they were originally made and am glad that I can keep on using them.

Could you maybe try to restore this mod. One of my favourite mods that seems to be a little outdated. (Munar Rover Wheel)

Another interesting mod to resurrect would be Biza-command module

Yet another one: FTmN Atomic Rockets (I'm just browsing old mods and bringing up ones that were fun, but seem derelict now)

Edited by Las-pen

9 hours ago, Table said:

Can you provide alternate download links? B/c KerbalStuff is gone

Are you talking to me?

Munar Rover Wheel has its own Curse page at http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223256-munar-rover-wheel

Biza has still functioning media fire download www_mediafire_com/download/5fms36oxxf3wofs/Biza+1.0.zip

Also the torrent provided in Kerbalstuff front page has all the mods ever distributed by the site. You can choose the mods you want to download, altough it can be a bit difficult. https://kerbalstuff.com/KerbalStuff.torrent

Edited by Las-pen

10 hours ago, Las-pen said:

Are you talking to me?

Munar Rover Wheel has its own Curse page at http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223256-munar-rover-wheel

Biza has still functioning media fire download www_mediafire_com/download/5fms36oxxf3wofs/Biza+1.0.zip

Also the torrent provided in Kerbalstuff front page has all the mods ever distributed by the site. You can choose the mods you want to download, altough it can be a bit difficult. https://kerbalstuff.com/KerbalStuff.torrent

I was talking to the OP, but thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2016 at 7:01 AM, Las-pen said:

Yet another one: FTmN Atomic Rockets (I'm just browsing old mods and bringing up ones that were fun, but seem derelict now)

That one cannot be resurrected, unless the original dev comes back... The best someone could do is try recreating it completely from scratch...
It has a completely restricted, All Rights Reserved license. It s always a good idea to first check the license when considering taking over, resurrecting, or suggesting it for someone to do... ;)
I learned this the hard way... ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.