Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

32 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Ok, that's good enough for me.

To your question, BOOSTER manages all aspects of the launch vehicle prior to and leading up to, and after launch. You will have to know how much fuel to load the craft with, the status of the vehicle at all times, DV stats, etc etc.

Guido manages the flight path/angle time of launch needed to get to proper orbit and so on. He will also work with booster to use the provided DV. He manages all burns. Etc etc.

Tracking manages all ground stations to make sure we don't lose track of the payload. They will launch seacraft as needed to select areas of importance, such as burns or maneuvers.

Range, or Range Safety Officer manages all aspects of the pad prior to and after launch. He manages the clamps, loading of the fuel, and the countdown. He gives me, the Flight Director permission to launch once all stations are GO. He also runs the game and provides the telemetry data from Telemachus. So you will require port forwarding.

Recovery works with Tracking to locate and safely recover anything that may need recovering. Until later on, this will mostly consist of collecting deorbited payloads which will be rare. If we decide to recover lost stages, then this will be your job. Until then, this role will be rarely used.

The Public Offairs Officer (or PAO) is the one who live streams the launch as it happens, records it (for later submission to YouTube), and commentate as things happens (explaining what's happening, when and why)(if you need an example of what, I can provide a video example). You will need to be able to record/livestream while running a semi-heavy modded game due to beautification mods such as Stock Visual Enhancements.

I guess I'll be the PAO since I have a Linux install and can run RVE with 8k Earth textures at full part textures. I just don't have a good enough processor! I lag on 45+ part ships in RSS during launch. If I need a better processor I'll be the RSO.

19 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I guess I'll be the PAO since I have a Linux install and can run RVE with 8k Earth textures at full part textures. I just don't have a good enough processor! I lag on 45+ part ships in RSS during launch. If I need a better processor I'll be the RSO.

Alright. I'll mark you down as RSO, but be aware if there's too great a demand for your role or we lack a PAO shortly before a launch, you will become the PAO:

40 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Ok, will do. What are the parameters? Give me some guidance oh, great and mighty @ZooNamedGames

Anything at the moment, I'm thinking maybe like a SpaceX-esque logo saying eXplore (the x in explore like in- I have a picture I'll show in a sec).

oh Ye so faithful subject. You will be rewarded well one day.

lSpzloh.png

The "official" logo of the Real Space Program

A brief history of the development of the Explore logo (WIP)

Spoiler

The evolution of the Explorer logo - from concept art to finished project:

Original concept art from @ZooNamedGames:

32KiSXu.png This is the original concept art from @ZooNamedGames. In my instructions I was told to "make this pretty..." so off I went. As you can see from the below images, I basically stuck with the concept art. There would be some slight modifications in the text style, text color, and even in the images embedded in within the word explore.

rySsDYy.png   EXNd8Gt.png   lSpzloh.png

DRAFT ONE: (on the left) the colors are exactly how @ZooNamedGames requested them to be. Because our efforts with this project are a part of the overall Kerbal Space Program universe, I did add the official Kerbal Space Program logo to the artwork.

DRAFT TWO: (in the middle) I dropped the logo to the bottom of the image, changed the basic text to red, then played around with spacing to make the image appear more streamlined. I left additional black header so that stars, mission names could be added to the logo.

DRAFT THREE: At the request of @ZooNamedGames edit requests, the blue image at the bottom was changed to the Mun, the X arch was smoothed and inverted, instead of a line simulating a rocket contrail, I used a clip-art rocket for the cross beam for the X.

Once the basic logo was approved and the various mission-essential positions determined, the next step was to create signature clip art for those participating in this project
(note: other images may be added at a later date as mission requirements change).

Ground Crew Signature Clip Art for the Real Space Program
3sRqDpe.png?1 XJcSxbo.png?1 MGgrJo8.png?1
Flight Director Booster Officer Guidance Officer
DDoF0Ac.png?1 GkqSAPv.png?1 NcPKiwf.png?1
Range Officer Public Affairs Officer Recovery Officer
mjheJHN.png?1 N7QZuXb.png?1  
Tracking Officer Landing Vehicle Development Team  

And for those who contributed their modding abilities:

7lHGAot.png?1

Edited by adsii1970
Image Gallery for this thread...

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Alright@ZooNamedGames and @Dman979: Since today is now officially a snow day and I am procrastinating on getting work done, I have completed two drafts of the logo. Here they are:

rySsDYy.png   EXNd8Gt.png

In the first draft - the one on the left, the colors are exactly how @ZooNamedGames requested them to be. In the second draft, I dropped the logo to the bottom of the image, changed the basic text to red, then played around with spacing to make the image appear more streamlined. I left additional black header so that stars, mission names could be added to the logo.  Whatcha think?

Once we decide on the basic logo, I will create a new set of graphics as was done for the Apollo Missions Recreation program and will simply use this page as the depository for those images.  That way, the forum thread remains on focus, the images will be able to be found on ONE PAGE, and it just keeps it easier for me... :cool:

Alright. Looks awesome! So much better than my paint (literally) job! Its amazing. Thank you again.

I have a few changes to it (and its personal edits I've been meaning to do for a while now). The X, can you reverse it, ie, have the curving out bend out, not in. I want it to be like the atmosphere and the line being a rocket. If you want, you can slap a mini rocket to add to the end (your choice). Lastly, since you've got Kerbin as the O, maybe make the blue sphere on the bottom gray so it looks like the Mun? Idk.

Im ok with this being your art post. Ill link it :)

How long does it take to review a payload that someone submitted. I submitted one about 4 days ago and I haven't been contacted yet.

P.S  You should also update the OP and what's the link to the live streams and videos you have for the rocket launches.

Edited by Dfthu

16 hours ago, Dfthu said:

How long does it take to review a payload that someone submitted. I submitted one about 4 days ago and I haven't been contacted yet.

P.S  You should also update the OP and what's the link to the live streams and videos you have for the rocket launches.

Your payload has been accepted, we're just waiting for a full mission control team before we can proceed.

I would provide livestream/YouTube information if I had any. But we're still waiting for a PAO. Once we get one I'll provide links.

Take 3 is perfect adsii1970! I'ma gonna save it to meh phone. 

Hey, @ZooNamedGames, I have a question about RSP:  I see you have positions for a mission control-style thing, but what about your rockets?  What are going to launch payloads on?  Because I would happy to collaborate on building RSS/RO rockets with you/anyone who's signed up. :)

@ZooNamedGames Idk what part of team I could be, but I know how to build some pretty good rockets (realistic-ish lookjng). I'm also playing with RF and Stockalike RF son my personal save and I made self-sustaining Mun base with USI-LS and MKS-Lite (Really proud of that :D). My PC is pretty good i5-4460. And also im running windows so i'm limited to 32-bit (Or I can install Linux as dual boot if needed). I hope I can join the team. I'm available most of the times and I live in Europe so there is a bit of time diference depending on where other people live

Just now, Sequinox said:

Maybe companies will emerge and ask for their sats to be carried to orbit.

I'm afraid this will conflict with rule 2.2j (RP). We'll have to be careful with this topic if we don't want to see it closed...

3 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I'm afraid this will conflict with rule 2.2j (RP). We'll have to be careful with this topic if we don't want to see it closed...

Certainly. I was thinking the same thing. I think we'll be alright. Companies would be easier ways of identifying things and organizing. Role playing starts when there's conflicts between companies.

4 minutes ago, Sequinox said:

Role playing starts when there's conflicts between companies.

That is not where I'd put the boundary and that is the problem: it is thin and subjective. But maybe if we are really nice to each other the mods will overlook this issue ! :)

Edited by Gaarst

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.