Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

4 minutes ago, Ethan3369 said:

Were/How can I get a copy of the craft so i can write a launch code for it? If it has a launch code were could I get that  so I can make it work for my purposes?

We do not have a launch code for it. I'll send it to you shortly.

This is a message to all the people that have been sending me Skype contact requests since I got into the Real Space Program Skype group.  If you don't actually say you're part of RSP, I won't be accepting these things, because if you don't give me a clue that I know you from this project, I have to assume that it is spam and decline. This message is because of the fact that ever since I joined the RSP Skype group, I have received many contact requests, and only one of them had information to back them up. If you are, on the other hand, part of RSP, say so, and I will accept the thing.

TL;DR: For the next while, I won't accept Skype contact requests unless I am given proof that the sender is part of the RSP. Not many people I know still use Skype anyway, so I'm not losing much by doing this. 

Edited by Findthepin1

9 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

@Findthepin1 Would having the same username as the forums count as evidence? Even though I already am a contact (or am I? Haven't loaded Skype in a bit), this would be useful for others.

It would, although them having the same name as on the forums, that scenario hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Findthepin1

On March 25, 2016 at 3:15 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

@WellItExplodedAgain , get on Skype ASAP.

excrements, I missed the launch. My family planned a surprise trip to the KSC (Kennedy Space Center) and I was uninformed until we were on the way. After that, we were on a cruise (Carnival Sunshine if your wondering). 

3 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

excrements, I missed the launch. My family planned a surprise trip to the KSC (Kennedy Space Center) and I was uninformed until we were on the way. After that, we were on a cruise (Carnival Sunshine if your wondering). 

Ah. Well, it didn't work out anyway. MysteriousSteve vanished.

Just to confirm so im not surprised, this lanch has been postponed yes?

Also I will have my calypso family of launchers out in the skype chat tonight, they lift 4-14 tons to LEO and are RO compatible with all of the requirements

1 minute ago, legoclone09 said:

Maybe you could just use the names and not the @ mentioning stuff? It might help. Also is our next try for launch April 15 as I just saw?

No, that's a mass Go/NoGo poll for readiness. If we get a majority Go, we will plan a date.

I made a drive folder that if people upload their LVs and code to, will allow anyone who wants or needs a copy of it to easily get one.

here is the link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B55gEUXOhYj5Q1dqUV8ya2xWZ2s

if you are in RSP and need to upload and it is not already shared with you PM me.

btw this is just a stop gap measure until we find a better solution

10 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Don't forget @Sequinox!

I kid, of course. I only supplied a launch vehicle.

Excited to see how the launch turns out. Best of luck!

I want to try to make our development and launching processes seem a bit more interconnected by forming a few development groups. The concept is that people who are a part of the development group will first of all collaboratively develop their assigned mission architecture, and when it's time to launch, they'll get preference for positions related to what their development group has produced. Everything will hopefully be fluid, but more stable than it is right now, and people will be able monitor the systems they help develop. Here's what I've got so far:

Development Group Launch Vehicle- Booster, Guido, Range, Launch Operations Director

Development Group Manned Flight- Recovery, Capsule Communicator, Electricity, Environment, and Consumables Management, Flight Activities Officer

Development Group Unmanned Flight- Tracking, Trajectory (for inter-SOI missions), Payload Operations Officer

Development Group Software- Guidance Navigation and Control, Flight Dynamics Officer, Attitude Determination and Control Officer

The positions of Flight, Public Affairs Officer, and astronaut do not fall within this system. Please edit the document in the RSP google drive folder indicating which group you want to be a part of.

On 3/31/2016 at 6:54 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

I've made another executive decision. Due to recurring absences over and over, I plan to indefinitely delay the upcoming manned launch. However I will set group Go/NoGos on the 2nd and last week of every month until we have a date set.

Until then, I have smaller projects I would like to work on. The list of things for us to do is all of the following:

• Design an autonomous recoverable booster
  • Design and test a large rover (probe)
  • Design a probe which can dock to a target autonomously
  • Perform a static test firing of our largest vehicle
  • Design an air-launched space plane (something like this)
  • Drop tests of a manned lunar landing vehicle
  • Design and perform Approach and Landing Tests (ALTs) of a manned/unmanned reusable spaceplane vehicle (possibly the same one from bullet 5?)

All of these projects can be completed with a smaller mission control team.

So let me know what we want to do in the meantime, and we will do a mass Go/NoGo poll on 4/15.

Maybe we could assemble a permanent team to develop these solutions, something a little like JPL. I would be happy to organise this team. Zoo, if you like the idea, pm me and we'll negotiate.

3 minutes ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

Maybe we could assemble a permanent team to develop these solutions, something a little like JPL. I would be happy to organise this team. Zoo, if you like the idea, pm me and we'll negotiate.

These are small concepts for the time being. Let's focus on this upcoming launch for now.

1 hour ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

Mrmcnugget I don't know if you have been added yet and that is not up to me(I think) but code dev team with some help with others (those that want to build stuff) covers JPL if you know even a little bit about code by all means we can use the help.

P.S. if you click on the link in my post above you should be able to get an idea of what is going on, and the rover is waiting test right now and docking is hopefully going to start down the pipe soontm

1 minute ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

Sorry you guys, I am unable to make any launches until June 10th. I might have a new PC by then so i can do much much more. I am deeply sorry and I will be inactive on forums.

That's alright. RL should come before this project.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.