Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

@Findthepin1 @kmMango and all other interested forum users-

We are currently looking for people to run the FAO, CAPCOM, ERCOM, and Retro consoles for our next launch attempt.

Our next launch attempt will be on May 8 and liftoff is targeted for 20:00 UTC/4:00 PM New York City Local Time. Our flight profile will be a launch from cape canaveral, one orbit, and a parachute landing in the Atlantic Ocean. 

If you're interested in taking a console, please message me. First come first served!

Edited by ILikeIke

Regardless of whether I can take on another role, I do have to rescind my role as Recovery. It takes up a lot of my time and it is changing my schedule around. I had meant to do this on the 25th, right after the launch, to give everyone a lot of time to find a new one before the next launch, but I ended up taking time to think about it. I am going to hang around and ask/answer questions, though. I hope you can find another Recovery person before the May 8th launch. I am going to continue looking for a better role for me in the Real Space Program.

Edited by Findthepin1

2 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

What do I have to do in Flight Planning? I assume I have to go around asking everybody when they are able to help with a mission, and to plan a mission timeline. Is this correct, and what else is involved in the role?

The mission timeline falls largely to the LOD and the FAO. Mission planning is getting it there in the best way possible. Example: free return trajectory from a lunar flyby, any sort of required Delta-V calculations. Basically, you're putting the  theoretical maneuver nodes in place before the vessel is even on the pad.

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Use the mod, it will change all the fuels. Don't worry.

Oh... since I play on a stock install, I'll probably download RealFuels on another copy of ksp. Or alternatively I'll just design a payload without any fuel. I'll have to think about it. 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

5 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Oh... since I play on a stock install, I'll or ably download RealFuels on another copy of ksp. Or alternatively I'll just design a payload without and fuel. I'll have to think about it. 

Just download all RSS/RO mods so we're 100% sure it works. You will have to do this in 1.0.5 since mods have not been updated for 1.1 yet.

@Rolacume not all roles are so math intensive if you're concerned about that. If you're interested in taking FAO EECOM or Retro for our next flight please send me a PM w your skype contact info and we can go from there. 

21 hours ago, ILikeIke said:

@Findthepin1 @kmMango and all other interested forum users-

We are currently looking for people to run the FAO, CAPCOM, ERCOM, and Retro consoles for our next launch attempt.

Our next launch attempt will be on May 8 and liftoff is targeted for 20:00 UTC/4:00 PM New York City Local Time. Our flight profile will be a launch from cape canaveral, one orbit, and a parachute landing in the Atlantic Ocean. 

If you're interested in taking a console, please message me. First come first served!

Try landing the capsule near Grand Turk. That's where the Mercury missions landed. 

@WellItExplodedAgain thanks for the advice!

To be honest, that's substantially more precise than we're currently capable of targeting landing zones. We know from testing that our current hardware will lead to a capsule landing about ¼ revolution of the earth east of the retro fire location, and we have coded our kOS program to start the retro sequence around 150°W. We're also not at the point kOS-wise where we can do an autonomous lifting reentry with a capsule (though I hope to change that soon).

Umm...  So we've been moved to mission reports?  I know that we're live streaming it and all, but there is most certainly much more to it than that.

KSP discussion is meant for general discussions about KSP as a game. Seeing as how most discussion in this thread is about accomplished/attempted missions, the roles various participants take, and the logistics of said missions it was decided KSP Discussions was not the proper place. After some discussion among the moderation team, it was decided that mission reports was the most appropriate place. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused.  :)

Just now, Frybert said:

KSP discussion is meant for general discussions about KSP as a game. Seeing as how most discussion in this thread is about accomplished/attempted missions, the roles various participants take, and the logistics of said missions it was decided KSP Discussions was not the proper place. After some discussion among the moderation team, it was decided that mission reports was the most appropriate place. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused.  :)

Thanks!  That's exactly what I wanted to know.  I'm just used to getting the old "Moved to *insert here*"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.