Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

@Dman979, @ZooNamedGames, @EladDv, @CliftonM, @MRMCNUGGET and everybody else who's interested-

Our astronaut, @Ethan3369, just advised me that he is no longer available for the upcoming launch attempt on Sunday. If we're gonna fly, we need an astronaut, therefore, it is my pleasure to announce the following:

The Real Space Program is now accepting astronaut applications! Astronauts need to be able to run KSP with all the mods RSP uses (check with dman for that info), be able to port forward for Telemachus and kOS, have audio equipment set up so they can be in touch with the mission control team via discord, and be old enough to use all these services without violating their EULAs. No piloting skills are required, as this launch will be, for the most part, autonomous.

Interested parties should message me ASAP through the forums or skype! :) 

42 minutes ago, Florid Monkey said:

Hey guys! I really like what you are doing here, and was wondering if there is anything that I could contribute outside of mission control. (The router that I am using isn't mine so I can't port forward.)

We have a flight planning team. If you're interested in joining that, PM @ILikeIke. Warning- it involves some complicated maths. Oh, and welcome aboard!

Edited by Dman979

@Florid Monkey welcome to the forums!

You don't need port forwarding to do anything w RSP except fly the spacecraft during tests and missions. If you're interested in mission control consoles, kOS or hardware dev, or flight planning, and have an Internet connection, we want to  work w you to get you involved. 

Can you send me a PM w your interests and we can go from there?

1 hour ago, Uace24 said:

The Kerbal Reconosance office is interested in submiting a payload for launch but we would like our mission director to conduct the launch is that at all possible?

Be weary- this sounds of role play which is banned in these forums. 

7 hours ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

There can be two EECOMs. We like to have redundancies for everything.

I realised after I read through the Google drive. How do you determine who does the mission if multiple controllers are available?

Edited by Florid Monkey

@Florid Monkey- we don't have permanent mission control console positions.

Our process so far has been to post the launch date and time and the open mission control positions in our skype chat and here and with only a couple exceptions, (Flight Director must have previously run a console, astronaut must have the appropriate hardware and software setup, Booster and GNC should be involved in development of their systems if possible) its first come, first served. 

So if the person who will be Retro on Sunday wants to see what it's like to be FDO or EECOM or LOD during the next launch, there's nothing stopping them except other scheduling conflicts they might have and how quickly they express interest in a different console. 

For those of you interested:

When I play in KSP, I have certain Kerbals I assign to certain missions and with that in mind, I have created specific ribbons that are used with Nereid's Final Frontier mod. I decided that I would like to put together a final frontier mod for those of you who have a Kerbal that you are using for this program (RSP ONLY) I will be creating a mod plugin so that you can award your Kerbal the appropriate recognition for their role in the various missions.

So far, I have created one ribbon for the proposed mod - and here's the artwork. It is my intent that this is the base ribbon for the current mission to send a Kerbal into orbit around Earth/Kerbin, whichever your preference to think of the planet is. Anyhow, here's the base ribbon:

BTywIAZ.png?1

If there is enough interest, once the mod is done, I will include in the initial mod this ribbon (as is), and a version that will have a both a satellite dish (representing a Kerbal in a mission control role) and one with a capsule (to represent the Kerbal in orbit). As we do more manned (or Kerbaled) orbit missions, I will add distinctive differences to this ribbon, such as white stripes, to indicate subsequent orbital missions. If you notice, the one solitary stripe in the center of this ribbon is green/bluish to represent Earth/Kerbin...whichever you prefer.

If we get to the point of an actual lunar (Munar) mission, I will add a completely unique ribbon with the appropriate variations.

1 hour ago, Moose Rocket Science said:

Banned from skype :P

How did you manage that?

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

For those of you interested:

When I play in KSP, I have certain Kerbals I assign to certain missions and with that in mind, I have created specific ribbons that are used with Nereid's Final Frontier mod. I decided that I would like to put together a final frontier mod for those of you who have a Kerbal that you are using for this program (RSP ONLY) I will be creating a mod plugin so that you can award your Kerbal the appropriate recognition for their role in the various missions.

So far, I have created one ribbon for the proposed mod - and here's the artwork. It is my intent that this is the base ribbon for the current mission to send a Kerbal into orbit around Earth/Kerbin, whichever your preference to think of the planet is. Anyhow, here's the base ribbon:

BTywIAZ.png?1

If there is enough interest, once the mod is done, I will include in the initial mod this ribbon (as is), and a version that will have a both a satellite dish (representing a Kerbal in a mission control role) and one with a capsule (to represent the Kerbal in orbit). As we do more manned (or Kerbaled) orbit missions, I will add distinctive differences to this ribbon, such as white stripes, to indicate subsequent orbital missions. If you notice, the one solitary stripe in the center of this ribbon is green/bluish to represent Earth/Kerbin...whichever you prefer.

If we get to the point of an actual lunar (Munar) mission, I will add a completely unique ribbon with the appropriate variations.

Sounds cool.

Just now, MRMCNUGGET said:

@ILikeIke, My question was to be the backup astronaut, and how to achieve port forwarding. I have a joystick + throttle that I can use, all I need is to be able to "port forward", which I have no clue how to do.

I can guide you through that.  PM me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.