Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

6 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I haven't actually checked it specifically and it's subject to change.  I've actually removed the installation so I can't check it. :( 

I have decided to use the Mac. It is up and running. I am downloading ksp now. 

6 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I haven't actually checked it specifically and it's subject to change.  I've actually removed the installation so I can't check it. :( 

Oops double post. 

5 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

Ok.

• 4 weeks later...

MISSION UPDATE:  The Geocom 1 Mission is SCRUBED due to PROJECT NORTHSTAR. This is a temporary scrub. 

Signed,

Uace24 Payload Maneger for Geocom program. 

Edited by Uace24

We are not ready for launch, therefore we have decided it would be best for safety to scrub.  We apologize for this inconvenience.

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Are my services still wanted?

For RSP, yes.  If you're taking about the actual mission, we'll get back to you.

Great News to all interested!

Real Space Program is gearing back up! We are coming back to life through Project Northstar as we work towards superior launch vehicles which will (one day) let us begin work on a space station that we will assemble in low Earth orbit! So join in and help or keep an eye out as we get to work :) . Our next launch is unscheduled as of this point, but we plan on making it a Steam game giveaway, so keep an eye out for it.

TrAWJTL.png

Project Northstar is a three pronged objective. The first prong is Orion. The task of Orion is to create 3 types of new launch vehicles in 1.1+ that are reusable. The second prong is Taurus, which is to design reusable second stages that will deploy payloads and return to Earth. Then, there's project Dipper. The aim of Dipper is to create a reusable spaceplane that can carry crew and cargo. Some may have noticed the key word in this project is reusability and indeed we plan on going above and beyond to reuse as much as possible as best as possible.

When we complete Project Northstar, we will begin on developing the space station.

If you are interested in joining the Real Space Program, then PLEASE let us know! We are in dire need of new members, especially those who can port forward! So please contact us if you want to help, it would be DEEPLY appreciated!

Hello! I would like to be guidance as a role, I'm free whole summer until school starts, somewhere in September where I'll have 6 hours in the afternoon. Quite a silent fellow, seeing that I only have like 53 posts and I've been with the community for 5 years so dont let my posts fool you. Fly safe!

43 minutes ago, brody said:

Hello! I would like to be guidance as a role, I'm free whole summer until school starts, somewhere in September where I'll have 6 hours in the afternoon. Quite a silent fellow, seeing that I only have like 53 posts and I've been with the community for 5 years so dont let my posts fool you. Fly safe!

We spoke about this :) and your on as Guido as of this point. Keep on eye on skype as that's where all the BIG discussions occur.

Also get a discord account.

Hello, everyone!  I am proud to introduce the next generation of launch vehicles.  The Taurus I aims to allow for the recovery of the second stage, and eventually the first stage, though that is not as much of a priority.  Today it passed its first qualification sending a dummy 4 metric ton payload into Low Earth Orbit.  The second stage was able to deorbit, however it did not survive reentry.  We are now devoting all time to making it more reliable, and allowing for second stage recovery.

The Taurus I:

5GpiBqx.png

The Taurus I uses four external solid rocket boosters in this configuration, but we will made other configurations based on payload mass.

We will begin development of the Taurus I heavy once the base vehicle is complete.  The heavy configuration will aim to bring payloads of 8 to 10 tons to LEO.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Best of wishes on this project. Since you have someone else doing artwork, I'm going to refocus my efforts elsewhere.

OK.  I might consult you later though.  Thanks for everything you have done for RSP.  You're the best. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.