Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

Launch of the Columbia Space Station carried aboard an Armstrong1 booster tomorrow (7/27) at 1pm EDT!

Make sure you join us tomorrow for the launch of our largest booster yet, the Armstrong1 carrying the modular space station core Columbia which we will continue to develop and add to as time goes on, and possibly even work on having a real 24/7 crew who will perform various scientific experiments both in real life and in the game! The details will come in time :) .

LVFYAtj.png

Ignition will be at 12:59:57pm EDT of the 5 F-1 engines. So make sure to show up early! We hope that you will join us for the largest and hopefully most successful flight yet. Thanks to @TheGentlemoon, we will be back up to full telemetry capabilities, so this launch will be the best we've had in months. We hope that with this launch, we will continue with more routine flights to LEO orbit and possibly, beyond! Don't miss out on what surely will be our greatest launch ever.

With that said...

We are GO for launch.

I have also updated the OP with an new accurate list of our mission controllers!

Launch Was Scrubbed due to absence of members. A new launch date is under discussion. We would appreciate and are open to accepting new applicants to the team. If you have a Mic and Decent maths skils ( and are able to Port Forward if needed) then just let us know.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

And RO?

Requires RO, SSTU, ProcParts, and Proc Fairings.  The best part is that she doesn't look like a pile of struts and boosters, and that it has a low part-count.

fkhKu3e.png

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

A probe if possible.

I have no luck with landers, so I'm going to put it into orbit, and let it crash. 

KSP is taking a while to load, so this mission will launch at an undisclosed time tomorrow.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

A probe if possible.

Mission successful.  30 Ton payload put into TLI.  Test Capsule attained orbit, then left, re-entered Earth's atmosphere, and landed safetly.

36 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

How many crew? How long does the life support last?

No crew.  It was an unmanned test of a future-manned capsule.

I'll post the launch album today, and the Lunar exploration one tomorrow.

Spoiler

Launch Album

Edited by VASMIR

Lots of pictures from the ascent, so here's just the important ones.

yxs38iL.pngLiftoff.  A glitch blew up the pad, but we were ascending.

mw9dWfW.pngPitching over w/ LAS jettison.  The capsule is unmanned.

vzHJ2zF.pngSRB separation is pretty sketchy, but it worked perfectly.

PPgdxqi.pngThe first stage burns quite a way to orbit.  I needed 3 more Km/S

V94QCYG.pngBurning for orbit.  S2 ignition.

dxl6zYS.pngWe made it to orbit, and now flight controllers prepare for TLI.

EZeTbHK.pngS2 second ignite is good.

CJT8EJj.pngWe're heading to the Moon!

Even after TLI, I had enough fuel to enter a circular, Low Lunar Orbit, as well as do about 1/4th of the escape burn.  Turns out my calculations for a successful payload fraction were for Mars.  All-in-all, Liberty 4-2 flight 4 is a success!

We at the Real Space Program are in need of some engineers to help with us create a real moon capable rocket! If you would like to join us, then please post below, or on the main thread!

Our goal may an easy one for some, but we place the challenge of a real Mission Control center above all. Should we succeed, it will be a major achieve for all those who have participated. We may even garner attention from more famous members but that is not our purpose. We wish to send a man to our nearest celestial neighbor. As any engineer of NASA will tell you, it is the greatest engineering challenge, and the greatest undertaking any person can make.

So let us know if you want to join.

Requirements

Spoiler

For Mission Controller Position:

• A Decent Microphone
  • Ability to Attend Launches Semi-Frequently
  • Good Internet Speeds
  • Discord

We need all roles listed under the Manned Division (EECOM, Capcom (at our discretion), and so on), however the role that is in much higher demand is GNC (designs and develops code for the launch vehicle, and all subsequent spacecraft), specifically in kOS. We could use several due to the large task at hand. Lastly, just because we have someone else selected for this mission does not mean you can't also participate in the same role, as again the behemoth size of this has been cut down into much smaller bites.

For Spacecraft Engineers:

• Able to run KSP with RSS/RO and all other listed mods on the RSP OP.
  • Skype (text only).
  • Able to upload files to Google Drive or Dropbox.

For Flight Crew Members (Astronauts):

• Able to run KSP with RSS/RO and all other listed mods on the RSP OP.
  • Have port forwarded for use with Telemachus.
  • Participate for long durations (time warps or lengthy pauses are allowed depending on what point in the mission you are).
  • Lengthy experience flying in RSS/RO
  • A decent microphone

Like NASA, we have stringent policies on what we require for you to make the cut. This isn't because we want to frighten you away, but because this is what we require. If you can make it then that's fantastic and we will in doubt work with your schedule since this is looking to be a huge job. If you can; please let us know!

Even if you can't participate in any manner, I still have to thank the community for helping RSP become great as it is :) .

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:38 PM, VASMIR said:

Lots of pictures from the ascent, so here's just the important ones.

yxs38iL.pngLiftoff.  A glitch blew up the pad, but we were ascending.

mw9dWfW.pngPitching over w/ LAS jettison.  The capsule is unmanned.

vzHJ2zF.pngSRB separation is pretty sketchy, but it worked perfectly.

PPgdxqi.pngThe first stage burns quite a way to orbit.  I needed 3 more Km/S

V94QCYG.pngBurning for orbit.  S2 ignition.

dxl6zYS.pngWe made it to orbit, and now flight controllers prepare for TLI.

EZeTbHK.pngS2 second ignite is good.

CJT8EJj.pngWe're heading to the Moon!

Even after TLI, I had enough fuel to enter a circular, Low Lunar Orbit, as well as do about 1/4th of the escape burn.  Turns out my calculations for a successful payload fraction were for Mars.  All-in-all, Liberty 4-2 flight 4 is a success!

I think I construct a superior powered booster using your base concept; can I expand on this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.