Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

6 minutes ago, the_pazter said:

Launch is delayed to Saturday November 26th at 7PM GMT 3PM EST.

P.S. What do you think of my new profile pic (Me with Al Worden)

I should be able to be at the launch.

If you're under 18 don't think you can show your real face on the forums, so I'd change it back.

14 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

It's kind of antiquated, just post it here.

Ok, I'll just answer the questions on the form here:

Name: Saturn System Explorer 01 - Kassini (SSE-01 Official Designation, Kassini regular name) 

Payload Provider: JAI/ @KAL 9000 

Height: Not final yet, design tweaks in process, will let you know soon 

Width: See Height 

Weight: See Width and Height 

Part Count: See Weight, Width, and Height 

Diameter: 2.5m 

Stock/Modded: Modded 

Mods: DMagic Orbital Science, SCANSat, Probes Plus (I think it's the Coatl Aerospace one), Universal Storage 

Body Orbited: Saturn 

Orbital Height: Eccentric, Pe: Just outside Staurn's atmosphere (or the point that atmospheric drag would be significant to bring the probe down within a few hundred years), Ap: 2x Titan's SMA 

Orbital Inclination: Plane of Saturn's major moons 

Launch By Date: En route by next Saturn transfer window, can wait until then 

Payload Type: Science, Exploration 

Other Critical Information: Payload must be in the plane of the major moons and in specified orbit. Multiple flybys of the major moons intended and desired, as well as SCANSat mapping of the region of a moon it passes by on each flyby. 

Payload Description: A scientific orbiter for Saturn like Cassini. This orbiter will also have communication relay antennas for communication with follow-up landers for the major moons, to be launched next transfer window. 

Forum Name: @KAL 9000 

.craft File: Design finalized by next Wednesday, will be uploaded by then. 

If any problems with the payload occur after trans-Saturn injection burn, PM me or post here. I (as the payload designer) will try to assist in anything regarding my payload that crops up.

Edited by KAL 9000

@KAL 9000 thanks for your submission we need to establish a consistent launch plan before we get into community launches because we need to establish a network for communications for long range missions and there is a backlog of community submited payloads so we need to take a look at when the next Saturn window is anyways. 

Sincerly,

Uace24 Payload maneger 

14 hours ago, Uace24 said:

@KAL 9000 thanks for your submission we need to establish a consistent launch plan before we get into community launches because we need to establish a network for communications for long range missions and there is a backlog of community submited payloads so we need to take a look at when the next Saturn window is anyways. 

Sincerly,

Uace24 Payload maneger 

#RunOnSentence

To anyone who wishes to submit a payload,

Due to our lack of launch scheduled we can not prepare any community missions until our launch roster has been covered. Also we need time to establish a communications support network for launches. Anyone wishing to submit payloads please PM me @Uace24 and I will add it to the launch roster for a date that is TBD. 

Thanks for your understanding,
Uace24 Payload manager 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.