Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

On 11/8/2016 at 9:24 AM, Uace24 said:

To anyone who wishes to submit a payload,

Due to our lack of launch scheduled we can not prepare any community missions until our launch roster has been covered. Also we need time to establish a communications support network for launches. Anyone wishing to submit payloads please PM me @Uace24 and I will add it to the launch roster for a date that is TBD. 

Thanks for your understanding,
Uace24 Payload manager 

Please follow the instructions on here for information and add a dropbox/ github link so i can retrive the craft files. 

Yesterday at 3:10 Pm eastern daylight time the RSAT 1A mission got underway.  Lifting off on top of the Inaugural Taurus 1 launcher it headed into a low earth orbit. During the mission a Flight Automatic guidance system issue caused the RSP to take manual control of the flight and that will be rectified for the next mission of Taurus. After spacecraft separation the solar panels and communications antenna deployed as expected. Shortly after the spacecraft experienced a power draw anomaly. however this was resolved by shutting off some of the non essential communications gear.  After a successful deployment on orbit the second stage attempted a re-entry and landing attempt. Telemetry was lost just prior to splashdown. The mission however was a success. This was Explore aerospace 5th and final launch for 2016 and we anticipate a fast paced year in 2017 starting with Rsat 1C in January of 2017. 

Edited by Uace24

11 hours ago, jackellice said:

Hey there I watched your stream, it was pretty cool. I'm the IVA MFD person.

8 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I was able to catch most of the launch, the camera angles used were very reminiscent of real world launch streams. Well done!

Thank you so much.  I've had a rough day, and that just made me feel so much better. :)  I hope that we can keep it going like that! :D 

A bit of cool info to note; during launches if you check out my twitch channel- http://twitch.tv/ZooNamed , you'll see that I run my end of the launch with a facecam! I'll obviously be in uniform as most Flight Directors are :) .

That said (nudges @Uace24), we are go for launch of our next mission.

Ah, yes, RSS. Earth orbit then.

Does the in-game time for this follows the RL time or what ? Maybe, if one day the launch manifest includes them...

Also, I might be trying the codes for kOS. I tried it on my copy but the mod haven't work properly yet.

Edited by YNM

50 minutes ago, YNM said:

Ah, yes, RSS. Earth orbit then.

Does the in-game time for this follows the RL time or what ? Maybe, if one day the launch manifest includes them...

Also, I might be trying the codes for kOS. I tried it on my copy but the mod haven't work properly yet.

It does follow real time.

1 hour ago, YNM said:

I have recently been using KRPC for the launch scripts as it is more accurate, but I'd be interested to see what you do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.