Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

To anyone who would like to submit launches under the community launch program,

You may PM me to give me information on the payload and then you can submit a payload. You can use dropbox or github. I will not accept mediafire. 

On 12/10/2016 at 9:56 AM, CliftonM said:

I have recently been using KRPC for the launch scripts as it is more accurate, but I'd be interested to see what you do.

Well I can't promise anything, would need to set up kOS first...

EDIT : Speaking of trying the codes, it seems I'll have to be used to the mods as those would affect trajectory, but RO doesn't fully support the latest versions (1.2.x), so should I downgrade to 1.1.3 or what ?

Edited by YNM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year and we would like to announce that our first launch of the year is going to be a Taurus 1A4 carrying RSAT 1C into low earth orbit. Launch will happen on saturday the 14th of january 2017 kicking off a fast paced year for RSP.

5 minutes ago, Uace24 said:

@KAL 9000 You want to be a part of todays launch team? 

What do you mean?

I'll be watching on Twitch, if that's what you mean.

C'mon, stream, it's after 4:10 EST. Can we start now! Please? (Sorry about my lack of patience).

Edited by KAL 9000

Preliminary report from @Tristonwilson12:

FIRST ANOMALY----- T+ 00:11:54:12------ PRE MATURE FIRST STAGE CUTOFF.
SECOND ANOMALY----- T+ 00:14:27:07------ PRE MATURE RSAT-1C SEPERATION FROM VEHICLE
FINAL TOTAL Loss Of Signal----- T+ 00:21:36:02------ TOTAL LOSS OF VEHICLE SIGNAL

Following the first anomaly, about 3 minutes later we experienced the second anomaly and pre mature seperation of the rsat 1c satellite from the launche vehicle.

After Anomaly 2, we decided to give the "Go Ahead" from recovery for the experimental recovery of the Second stage of the Tarus 1A 4. Following this decision we experienced a total vehicle loss and loss of signal, concluding the webcast, and the failure note of this mission.

Telemachus data will be reviewed and the video will also be reviewed so that the RSP team can conclude the investigation on what has happend today, and continue to improve, launch and complete the launch manifest for 2017.

Edited by Guest

Initial report regarding the second stage anomaly:

SECOND ANOMALY----- T+ 00:14:27:07------ PREMATURE RSAT-1C SEPERATION FROM VEHICLE
INITIAL REPORT BY CLIFTON MARIEN

Directly after initiating manual control, we experienced a second anomaly which resulted in the premature separation of RSAT 1-C from the second stage of the Taurus I.  This has been found to be a combination of pilot and computer error.  The launch computer was supposed to be shut down BEFORE initiating manual control.  We were unaware of it not being shut down and continued.  The computer was programmed to stage after reaching 113 Km and having an empty first stage tank.  When the first stage tank is not detected, it considers it to be empty.  Because of this, once the vehicle reached 113 Km, it continued onto the next stage, which was that of detaching the payload.  This resulted in the separation of the spacecraft.

There will be a re-design of the flight computers to include checking which stage the spacecraft is on, and the state of all hardware to prevent this from happenning again.  This was a scenario never expected during testing, but it will now be used on every test of flight computers.

We will be releasing more detailed reports in the future, and are not currently ready to release an explanation of the premature cutoff of the first stage main engine.

Edited by Guest

Cause of premature cutoff:

For reasons unknown, the flight computer stopped fueling the first stage early, and reported a full tank to Mission Control. As such, when it was launched, the first stage was not completely full. I advise manual checking of the fuel levels before launch on all launches starting with the RTF (return-to-flight) launch.

13 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Cause of premature cutoff:

For reasons unknown, the flight computer stopped fueling the first stage early, and reported a full tank to Mission Control. As such, when it was launched, the first stage was not completely full. I advise manual checking of the fuel levels before launch on all launches starting with the RTF (return-to-flight) launch.

@KAL 9000 Thanks for your input but we are reviewing all information and the engine was still powering on at the time of cutoff so we cant tell what happend right now. And as for a Taurus RTF we do not know when it is scheduled for and the inaugural flight of Zeus is planned for no earlier than January 27th 2017.

Edited by Uace24

2 hours ago, Uace24 said:

@KAL 9000 Thanks for your input but we are reviewing all information and the engine was still powering on at the time of cutoff so we cant tell what happend right now. And as for a Taurus RTF we do not know when it is scheduled for and the inaugural flight of Zeus is planned for no earlier than January 27th 2017.

I looked at Taurus's standard procedures. The fueling took shorter than it should have, so I'm assuming that the tank was not filled all the way.

7 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

I looked at Taurus's standard procedures. The fueling took shorter than it should have, so I'm assuming that the tank was not filled all the way.

The fueling actually took about 15 seconds longer than the expected timing.  There was no problem with the fuel up whatsoever.  May I inquire as to which documentation you were looking at?

6 hours ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

So how's this all going? It seems like it's thriving. Any noteworthy missions?

We lost one of our satellites and its booster on Saturday.  Currently investigating the cause.

6 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Do you have an EECOM yet?

We are currently doing unmanned missions, which do not require EECOM, however we could use new people for all rolls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.