Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

HTML for the countdown:

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i52d74hp/n179/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatT-/tac990/tptT%2B/tpc090/iso2016-02-20T14:00:00" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="110" height="49"></iframe>

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Do we have the spin stabilization stage for the LV?

Nyet (not yet), but Im away from my computer and my RSS/RO install is broken, so I cant do it.

5 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

HTML for the countdown:

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i52d74hp/n179/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatT-/tac990/tptT%2B/tpc090/iso2016-02-20T14:00:00" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="110" height="49"></iframe>

Link is broken.

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Link is broken.

You aren't supposed to go to the link.  It's the html for the countdown, so it can be embedded.

But, if you go here, it will work.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Nyet (not yet), but Im away from my computer and my RSS/RO install is broken, so I cant do it.

I can do it whenever you can send me the LV and satellite DLs.

Here's the updated calendar with the date on it:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=v90sormganhcnc2eri37iujg80%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

@ZooNamedGames What is our target orbit for the cubesat?  What is the cubesat's name? 

What other info will be needed for preparation, such as multi-player server info?  What needs to be done pre-launch so that I can make a checklist?

Okay, so I need a Go/No go on the launch time (19:00 and 21:00 UTC) from:

@Dman979
@Mods_o_joy
@MysteriousSteve
@CliftonM
@Gaarst

Also-what position actually will be flying the LV?

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

3 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

@ZooNamedGames What is our target orbit for the cubesat?  What is the cubesat's name? 

What other info will be needed for preparation, such as multi-player server info?  What needs to be done pre-launch so that I can make a checklist?

Okay, so I need a Go/No go on the launch time from:

@Dman979
@Mods_o_joy
@MysteriousSteve
@CliftonM
@Gaarst

Also-what position actually will be flying the LV?

I'll provide a write up of the flight plan as soon as I can. There I will provide all info you need, as to the server, ask CliftonM.

Go.

Any role for the time being, preferably Booster, but any.

Uh-oh.

Does this mean no launch, or just not ready?

@Mad Rocket Scientist: here's the LV. All credit goes to @Joco223 for design. He also recommends removing 2 boosters from the launcher. Can you test that in an all-up config ASAP (when you get the payload?)

https://mega.nz/#!JQ8nFDQZ!Deo2Sx5doevaBi76gOJACGgRv9LJAjfVATaeorueL2w

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Uh-oh.

Does this mean no launch, or just not ready?

@Mad Rocket Scientist: here's the LV. All credit goes to @Joco223 for design. He also recommends removing 2 boosters from the launcher. Can you test that in an all-up config ASAP (when you get the payload?)

https://mega.nz/#!JQ8nFDQZ!Deo2Sx5doevaBi76gOJACGgRv9LJAjfVATaeorueL2w

I think I will be able to test that on the 13th.

1 minute ago, Mods_o_joy said:

When ever i can get my RSS-RO Install working, Does Guido just monitor Telemetry or do i have to have the game open and On-Server But definitely Before the 21'st

The planned launch date is Febuary 20th, 19:00 and 21:00 UTC, 14:00  to 16:00 EST.  I suggest CKAN for getting mods installed in RO/RSS. 

3 minutes ago, Mods_o_joy said:

When ever i can get my RSS-RO Install working, Does Guido just monitor Telemetry or do i have to have the game open and On-Server But definitely Before the 21'st

If you don't have it ready by then, you can just monitor my telemachus link.

Everyone: Go to the IRC channel here, so we don't have to "spam" with such small messages.

2 minutes ago, Mods_o_joy said:

This seem's rushed, LV/All up test on 6 days Prior to launch?

It might be, but the point of this launch is to get all the bugs ironed out, and to get a thing to point to so we can get 3 new members. No one needs to be present for the tests, it's just Mad Rocket Scientist making sure everying works. A "sim," if you will.

6 minutes ago, Mods_o_joy said:

This seem's rushed, LV/All up test on 6 days Prior to launch?

Exactly what Dman979 said, the reason for the rush is because that we want to "launch early, launch often" because more launches attract more people.  And if we can't get it ready in time, we'll at least know how long it takes to get ready.

19 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Remotetech installs a bunch of locations around the globe, so we don't need to set up coverage for everywhere.

Where is this feature?  I use RemoteTech and I've always complained that only having a transmitter at the KSC and nowhere else is an unrealistic challenge because in the real world we have these things called copper wires and can relay between different antenna locations on the planet.  RemoteTech does NOT install other locations around the globe as far as I can tell.  Or if it does there's something I have to do to enable this and it's not well explained.

2 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

Where is this feature?  I use RemoteTech and I've always complained that only having a transmitter at the KSC and nowhere else is an unrealistic challenge because in the real world we have these things called copper wires and can relay between different antenna locations on the planet.  RemoteTech does NOT install other locations around the globe as far as I can tell.  Or if it does there's something I have to do to enable this and it's not well explained.

We are using the Realism Overhaul suite of mods, so it works a little differently there.

3 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

Where is this feature?

RSS has its own list of transmitters.  Specifically, I added the DSN and a bunch of NASA and ESA transmitters.  At some point someone should probably add in Russian transmitters because we have a huge blind spot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.