[WIP][1.0.5][Beta 0.1.6] N.A.N.A Wildfire

kimiko

6 minutes ago, kimiko said:

That looks absolutely amazing!!!

Can't wait for it! : D

You should expect a pull request in the next few days. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@kimiko Fire extinguisher is cool, but as for Fire Suppression System part, maybe something a bit more like this? Just Search "Aerospace Fire Bottles" for more inspiration. Normal Fire Extinguisher is cool, but I'd almost expect it to be a KAS/KIS part for kerbals to use (Hint hint) to manually extinguish a part.

banner2.jpg

services-htl-oxy.jpg

Edited by Gnoyze

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 9:46 AM, Gnoyze said:

@kimiko Fire extinguisher is cool, but as for Fire Suppression System part, maybe something a bit more like this? Just Search "Aerospace Fire Bottles" for more inspiration. Normal Fire Extinguisher is cool, but I'd almost expect it to be a KAS/KIS part for kerbals to use (Hint hint) to manually extinguish a part.

banner2.jpg

services-htl-oxy.jpg

That looks nice!

11 hours ago, Gnoyze said:

Also, the option to have a small amount of fire suppressant installed in every cockpit (in exchange for some monoprop) would be nice

By fire suppressant installed in every cockpit, do you mean an automatic extinguisher in every cockpit ? I don't really know about fire. And if it is a

automatic extinguisher, that's a great idea :wink:

6 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

By fire suppressant installed in every cockpit, do you mean an automatic extinguisher in every cockpit ? I don't really know about fire. And if it is a

automatic extinguisher, that's a great idea :wink:

Fire Suppressant = The stuff inside Fire Extinguishers. Fire extinguisher is the household name. Suppressant is the technical name as it cannot always extinguish a fire, but will suppress it to a degree. And yes, having a FSS installed in cockpits is a great idea. Perhaps using Interstellar Fuel Switch, keeping it optional and not adding to cockpit mass? (Monopropellant; Mono + FireSuppressant; Fire suppressant)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

A few posts have been pruned that were requesting updates, or criticizing the lack of updates.

Just a friendly reminder that requesting a mod update-- or asking when it will be updated-- is prohibited by forum guidelines (specifically, rule 2.3.f), if anyone has previously asked about it.

Mod authors put in lots of time and hard work, for free, to produce shiny toys that anyone who wants to can use, asking nothing in return.  And mod authors are people, too, who have their own real-life responsibilities that need to take priority over modding.  So let's show our appreciation by not jostling their elbows or breathing down their necks, shall we?

A mod author produces a mod-- and, if so inclined, posts about it in the mod's thread-- purely at their own initiative, because they have the time and inclination to do so.  Posting to request an update, or to complain that one has been a long time coming, is completely unnecessary in addition to being a poor way of showing appreciation for someone who has produced something for free.  Trust me, the mod author knows there are plenty of people out there who would eagerly like to get something new, so you're not providing any new information.  All that such posts accomplish is to harass the mod author, which is perhaps not the best way to motivate someone.  If the author hasn't posted anything, it's because he or she has chosen not to do so, and the least we can do is to respect that choice.

It's worth noting that in this case, the author hasn't posted anything in this thread since April, and nothing at all since May, so it seems likely that the author may be busy with other things, and I wouldn't hold your breath.

So please, just chill out.  There may be an update tomorrow.  Or maybe in a week.  Or maybe a year.  Or maybe never.  It's entirely up to the mod author (and rightly so.)  Whenever it will be, if ever... it's completely out of your hands, so there's no point in posting anything about it.  Just watch the thread, and I'm sure the mod author will post if-and-when an update is available.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just encase @kimiko is still here

I really liked the work you did for this mod. Almost everybody loved it, and you made lots of people happy. This mod was one of those missing parts of KSP. There are lots of mods out there that fill out the spaces in between and this mod is one of those. I also like the work and effort you put inside this mod. Even I wouldn't be able to do this whole mod. Even if this is outdated, It will still give me good memories playing with this mod.

After you left this mod, lot's of people became sad. But it was your choice and it is not your fault. Of course you need a break and go into real life, right?

So I hope you enjoy life and have happy golden days.

-Murican_Jeb

P.S. I hope one day you have time to work on this again :)

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Does anyone know if this works at all in 1.2.2?

Hi.

This mod is pretty old and because of how particle effects are now this won't work anymore.

Hi tried a couple of times to get in touch with kimiko but never had any replies.

As gomker will attest the code is somewhat overdone and things can be simplified massively, in much the same way as redoing the sinking plugin turned out to be more trouble than it was worth and much easier to start again.

Perhaps some cross over features would be possible but DFX  is very basic, and aside from info in thread I've no idea how well or not this thing worked

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi tried a couple of times to get in touch with kimiko but never had any replies.

As gomker will attest the code is somewhat overdone and things can be simplified massively, in much the same way as redoing the sinking plugin turned out to be more trouble than it was worth and much easier to start again.

Perhaps some cross over features would be possible but DFX  is very basic, and aside from info in thread I've no idea how well or not this thing worked

What I would need from a plugin is a single thing: something that adds a smokepoint transform through a MM script to every available part and that smoke/fire would move away from Kerbin while in atmo. After that I could write the fire system myself using the same system I used for my own sinking mechanic on WW2W/Real Ships.

7 minutes ago, Azimech said:

What I would need from a plugin is a single thing: something that adds a smokepoint transform through a MM script

Well DFX does the smoke and flame, from any not excluded part ,  but doesn't do it  via mm cfg, it's been discussed but never implemented . Also the DFX do not apply heat , but there are features in hullbreach that do and maybe they are able to be combined in someway. I believe @gomker may have some ideas here especially regarding the MM side of things

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Well DFX does the smoke and flame, from any not excluded part ,  but doesn't do it  via mm cfg, it's been discussed but never implemented . Also the DFX do not apply heat , but there are features in hullbreach that do and maybe they are able to be combined in someway. I believe @gomker may have some ideas here especially regarding the MM side of things

Not long ago I created "mines" with a claw, they would attach to a ship and start to produce tremendous amounts of heat, using stock modules only. It's amazing what we can do with ModuleResourceConverter and ModuleEnginesFX. Especially adding ModuleResourceConverter to every part with the bool set to always on, makes it very easy to create a feedback loop once a specific temperature threshold is reached. Plus, multiple converters can be added to a single part to consume available resources like fuel and/or oxidizer.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 1:50 PM, JediRangerkendor said:

Has anyone made any progress on creating their own version of this awesome mod? or at least figure out a way to patch this one?

Hi, this is a pretty old thread, so only a few people remeber about this.

But, I actually saw a github post in Destruction FX about making the FX activate when there was a high amount of heat, so you can check it out here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.