Advanced Weapons Pack for BD Armory!

Patrick_the_big

Blow the KSC to bits with the AWP Expansion  for Kerbal Space Program!

Items included with this pack,

1. 1. Laser Turret
  2. MK100 Heavy Weight Bomb

This Pack is undergoing development! More weapons and custom modeling coming soon!!

READ INSTALLATION GUIDE AS THIS MOD DOES NOT INSTALL NORMALLY!

Download Link

NOTE: All models and CFG Files were not generated me, they were generated by Bahamuto Dynamics.

All Rights Reserved

Edited by Patrick_the_big
Missing Liscense

Welcome aboard, Patrick_the_Big, and thanks for sharing your work.

I took the liberty of moving this to the proper place in Add-On releases, and I had to remove your download link until you include a license in the download package per our Add-On Posting Rules. Once you have done so feel free to add the link back to the OP. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Patrick_the_Big,

Just looking at the CKAN submission for this mod, and I can't figure out exactly what you mean with your installation instructions.

You say: 

3. Copy contents inside GAMEDATA folder to the original BD armory PARTS folder.
			-=DO NOT PUT IN GAMEDATA=-

But your zip file contains no GAMEDATA folder (or even a GameData folder)

I am not sure whether what is needed is for all folders below AWP/AWP/Parts to be installed to the Bahamuto Dynamics Parts folder, or whether the entire structure below the first AWP folder should go there. Are you planning on expanding the number of parts you are adding? It would make things much easier and cleaner for your users if your parts went in GameData/AWP/Parts/m230LaserGun, GameData/AWP/Parts/AWP/mk100Bomb, rather than getting mixed up with other parts, and I don't think you really need to bury your parts in the BDArmory directory.

I also wonder whether people may be confused about the authorship of this mod due to the "BD" at the start of the name, but I have little experience with the group of KSP players who mess about with these weapons mods. None of the other BD Armory expansion mods seem to be doing that, though. (See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/118521-wip105-nas-naval-artillery-system-0351-bdarmory-addon-devastation-from-above-jan-2/&do=findComment&comment=2122808 for instance)

EDIT: Oh, didn't notice before that these parts are generated by Bahamuto Dynamics That makes sense of the name. The folder structure is still going to cause some problems for CKAN if you intend to add more parts in the future.

Edited by politas

2 hours ago, politas said:

Hi Patrick_the_Big,

Just looking at the CKAN submission for this mod, and I can't figure out exactly what you mean with your installation instructions.

You say: 

3. Copy contents inside GAMEDATA folder to the original BD armory PARTS folder.
			-=DO NOT PUT IN GAMEDATA=-

But your zip file contains no GAMEDATA folder (or even a GameData folder)

I am not sure whether what is needed is for all folders below AWP/AWP/Parts to be installed to the Bahamuto Dynamics Parts folder, or whether the entire structure below the first AWP folder should go there. Are you planning on expanding the number of parts you are adding? It would make things much easier and cleaner for your users if your parts went in GameData/AWP/Parts/m230LaserGun, GameData/AWP/Parts/AWP/mk100Bomb, rather than getting mixed up with other parts, and I don't think you really need to bury your parts in the BDArmory directory.

I also wonder whether people may be confused about the authorship of this mod due to the "BD" at the start of the name, but I have little experience with the group of KSP players who mess about with these weapons mods. None of the other BD Armory expansion mods seem to be doing that, though. (See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/118521-wip105-nas-naval-artillery-system-0351-bdarmory-addon-devastation-from-above-jan-2/&do=findComment&comment=2122808 for instance)

EDIT: Oh, didn't notice before that these parts are generated by Bahamuto Dynamics That makes sense of the name. The folder structure is still going to cause some problems for CKAN if you intend to add more parts in the future.

Thanks, I am a very new mod creator and I do not know how to to help root the file install into the gamedata folder. So far the files need to be installed in the parts folder of BD Armory. I am working on making the install easier and more understandable. I am also working on more parts for the Advanced Weapons Pack. I am not so sure what CKAN is yet, but research is getting along.

Patrick, AWP Developer

28 minutes ago, Patrick_the_big said:

Thanks, I am a very new mod creator and I do not know how to to help root the file install into the gamedata folder. So far the files need to be installed in the parts folder of BD Armory. I am working on making the install easier and more understandable. I am also working on more parts for the Advanced Weapons Pack. I am not so sure what CKAN is yet, but research is getting along.

Patrick, AWP Developer

Maybe have a look at that mod I linked to and see how they do the parts to see how to not put the parts under the BDArmory Parts folder?

As far as getting the parts under the GameData folder, you can have basically the structure you have now (though maybe take out the superflous "AWP"), and change your install instructions to "unzip contents into the GameData directory".  Easy as that.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:31 AM, politas said:

Maybe have a look at that mod I linked to and see how they do the parts to see how to not put the parts under the BDArmory Parts folder?

As far as getting the parts under the GameData folder, you can have basically the structure you have now (though maybe take out the superflous "AWP"), and change your install instructions to "unzip contents into the GameData directory".  Easy as that.

Thanks! this has been done and is working properly now.

CKAN automatically installs dependencies, such as BD Armory in the case of your mod, and makes updating easy. There is also a substantial group of KSP mod users who use CKAN as a way of finding out about new mods rather than the forums. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.