Little Green Men from Mars v1.1

Whirligig Girl

1 hour ago, Aperture Science said:

Wow. Very clever...

This should be fun to play. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill level required to play with RSS...

RSS isn't Realism Overhual.  It's just planetary changes.  And, from Mars, orbit is a lot easier than from Earth.  Re-entry is a poodle, but getting to orbit is easy(er).  :-)

Well, I have launching from Mars, landing back at Mars mostly sorted (survival rate >0.5).  The horror of building a craft that can go to Earth, land and take off again, and get back to Mars makes Earth sourced Mars missions look ludicrously easy.  Damn that Earthly gravity well.  Damn those Earthlings.

11 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Well, I have launching from Mars, landing back at Mars mostly sorted (survival rate >0.5).  The horror of building a craft that can go to Earth, land and take off again, and get back to Mars makes Earth sourced Mars missions look ludicrously easy.  Damn that Earthly gravity well.  Damn those Earthlings.

People have put Kerbals on Venus in a single launch in RSS/RO. Think about how hard that is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How about moving the KSC to Olympus Mons? Or anywhere in Tarsis Region?

Or even better - KSC near the eastern edge of Melas Chasma and another launchsite (launch only) added through Kerbal Konstructs in Olympus Mons caldera?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.