Alien Space Programs - Dev Thread

Whirligig Girl

This is and/or was the development thread for Alien Space Programs. The release thread can be found here:

Here is the original OP for v0.8.

Spoiler

Alien Space Programs
v0.8

This mod started out as a stock port of the now defunct Little Green Men from Mars, a mod that takes the KSC and moves it to Mars in the Real Solar System mod. That was Little Green Men from Duna, or Duna Space Program. When I posted it on reddit, I found that people wanted more. Eve Space Program, Laythe Space Program, Kerbol Space Program. Obviously the latter is impossible or at the very least impractical, but the others were some good ideas.

In collaboration with @Sigma88, who did a significant portion of Duna Space Program.

Showcased by Scott Manley. Note that this is an old version of Alien Space Programs (version 0.5)

Spoiler

and Duna Space Program has been shown by Jatwaa

Spoiler

DUNA SPACE PROGRAM AKA Little Green Men from Duna

fyQHsy8.png

LAYTHE SPACE PROGRAM AKA Alternis Kerbol Lite

haTRy5R.png

If you want to re-orient the space center to be east/west instead of north-south, go here.

Eve Space Program AKA KSP: BadS Mode

EbiPugd.png

You might want to check out Eve Optimized Engines mod by @OhioBob, otherwise rockets just won't work very well.

These mods work by the following process:

1. Create a copy of Kerbin, called "Bin."
  2. Move Kerbin's Moons to orbit Bin.
  3. Remove the PQSMods from the original Kerbin.
  4. Add all the PQSMods, properties, etc of the target planet.
  5. Nickname original Kerbin to the name of the target planet. (Uses cbNameLater)

For a more in depth guide, see this post.

The mod requires Kopernicus and ModuleManager.

Known Issues:

• The Space Center scene on Duna is broken, being a black screen.  You will have to use the buttons on the side of the screen to navigate the buildings. It works fine in flight.
  • The planets are not perfect representations of their stock counterparts due to heightmap issues.

DOWNLOAD Version 0.8 AT GITHUB

Each of the versions can be downloaded separately. To install, download  put the [planetName]SpaceProgram folder into GameData.

Have fun. :)

Edited by GregroxMun
Dev thread

8 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Hahaha! You're the best :)

Gentlemen!

I've just been listening to the album for the x-teenth time since it was released. It's "Ullah", please (more precisely, it's pronounced "Uuuulllaaaaaaahh!!!").

And thanks to the author for the magnificient "War of the Worlds" quote.

For those who don't know it yet, there's a very affordable digital copy of "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds" on US Amazon (don't try iTunes) which you should listen to with good headphones.

Meanwhile, someone please mod me a working tripod for KSP!

PS: You can go all out for 40 bucks (it was $120 at itunes): Super Special Edition of JWMVOTWOTW

Edited by orosee
Added Link

29 minutes ago, orosee said:

Gentlemen!

I've just been listening to the album for the x-teenth time since it was released. It's "Ullah", please (more precisely, it's pronounced "Uuuulllaaaaaaahh!!!").

And thanks to the author for the magnificient "War of the Worlds" quote.

For those who don't know it yet, there's a very affordable digital copy of "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds" on US Amazon (don't try iTunes) which you should listen to with good headphones.

Meanwhile, someone please mod me a working tripod for KSP!

PS: You can go all out for 40 bucks (it was $120 at itunes): Super Special Edition of JWMVOTWOTW

ahluu would be the Kerbal version of Ullah. Because backward spanish.

42 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

ahluu would be the Kerbal version of Ullah. Because backward spanish.

"It's the Kerbal Way!" How could I forget!

I withdraw my correction but still recommend the Earthling version for a great listen (perhaps for those playing RSS).

6 minutes ago, orosee said:

"It's the Kerbal Way!" How could I forget!

I withdraw my correction but still recommend the Earthling version for a great listen (perhaps for those playing RSS).

It really is great. I've got the musical on the Little Green Men from Mars thread (the original version of this mod that was made for RSS)

7 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

It really is great. I've got the musical on the Little Green Men from Mars thread (the original version of this mod that was made for RSS)

Oh wow, I just saw that right now. Lots of music there, indeed!

Forget MJ, KER and KIS-KAS. -These- should be stock!

Started a career on Laythe and having a blast. Nice scenery, less hassle with geting to orbit, trickier returns.

I can't even imagine how could an Eve start look with fleas and such... but somehow I don't feel the urge to run and see for myself. :P

I keep having a recurring bug in a Laythe career - I sometimes lose the ability to timewarp (like in 3 out of 10 launches). Save / load doesn't fix the issue, nor restarting the program. I can warp from KSC and Mission Control, but not while focusing the craft.

I only use a few mods, mostly visual ones.

(MJ, KIS-KAS, ScanSat, TakeCommand, Dynamic Texture Loader, Scatterer, Planetshine, RPM and it's dependencies)

1 hour ago, Evanitis said:

I keep having a recurring bug in a Laythe career - I sometimes lose the ability to timewarp (like in 3 out of 10 launches). Save / load doesn't fix the issue, nor restarting the program. I can warp from KSC and Mission Control, but not while focusing the craft.

I only use a few mods, mostly visual ones.

(MJ, KIS-KAS, ScanSat, TakeCommand, Dynamic Texture Loader, Scatterer, Planetshine, RPM and it's dependencies)

OK, multiple people have had this problem. It's probably not your fault. I'm working on it. Check the log for NullReferenceExceptions or other Exceptions.

13 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Check the log for NullReferenceExceptions or other Exceptions.

Sure, why not. Though I'm just a common user, so that wall of text looks like chinese to me. Not sure how big of a chunk of the data is interesting after such Exception, so I'll paste relevant looking pages here. If the whole log is helpful for you, holler and I'll upload it somewhere.

Beware, a huge block of code resides in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

[EXC 13:00:23.094] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.LandControl+LandClassScatterLoader.get_materialType ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.LandControl:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.PQSLoader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(Type, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)
[EXC 13:00:23.138] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Material source)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.LandControl+LandClassScatterLoader+StockMaterialParser.op_Implicit (UnityEngine.Material material)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.LandControl+LandClassScatterLoader.get_material ()
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.LandControl:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.PQSLoader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(Type, ConfigNode, Boolean)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
    Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)
[LOG 13:00:23.237] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 13:00:23.287] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 13:00:24.398] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Core' from assembly 'scatterer'
[LOG 13:00:24.420] [Scatterer] Detected Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.4144]
[LOG 13:00:24.517]
[LOG 13:00:26.445] Agent: Found 18 agent mentality types
[LOG 13:00:26.448] AgentList: 29 agents parsed and loaded.
[WRN 13:00:26.615] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'GregSux'
[LOG 13:00:27.350] [CelestialBody]: GregSux's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[WRN 13:00:27.543] HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.
[LOG 13:00:27.662] [Kopernicus]: Post-Spawn
[LOG 13:00:27.664] Found max distance 113549713200
[LOG 13:00:27.667] [Kopernicus]: StarLightSwitcher: Set active star => Sun
[WRN 13:00:27.832] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================

(...)

[EXC 13:04:46.915] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:46.920] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.087] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.328] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.333] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.347] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.364] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.381] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.398] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.418] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.431] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.447] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.464] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.481] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.498] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.514] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.531] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.547] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.564] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.581] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.598] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.615] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.631] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.647] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.664] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.709] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.714] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.717] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.731] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.747] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.764] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.781] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.798] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.814] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.831] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.847] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.864] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.881] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.898] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.914] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.931] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.947] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.964] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.981] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:47.998] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.014] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.117] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.172] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.177] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.197] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.229] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:48.247] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[LOG 13:04:48.975] SCANsat.SCANsat.SCAN_Platform.CustomAddonLoader: SPACECENTER was loaded; instantiating addons...
[LOG 13:04:48.977] ImprovedAddonLoader: Creating addon 'SCANtoolbar'

(...)

[EXC 13:04:52.285] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[EXC 13:04:52.464] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()
[ERR 13:04:52.491] [SurfaceObject]: Cannot return to original parent, it no longer exists.

[LOG 13:04:52.493] [Kopernicus]: Fixed SpaceCenterCamera
[LOG 13:04:52.505] ContractSystem: Found 14 contract types

(...)

Umm, the rest of the exceptions I seem to find look pretty much like one of the above chunks. But there's a few more.

1 minute ago, GregroxMun said:

The problem was comma separated timewarp altitudes instead of space separated timewarp altitudes. The problem has been fixed now, and you should be able to play just fine now.

Weird, the duna version didn't have this problem...

I wonder why :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.