[1.10.x] Stockalike Mining Extension [1.1.5 Release 7/8/2020]

SuicidalInsanity

@SuicidalInsanity  First of all, thank you so much for this and the mk(x) expansions! I can see a ton of work has gone into all of these and can't thank you enough!

I noticed that there is a part I feel is missing completely in this game right now. You added the landing assemply inside the aerodynamic pod and got so close! There are no landing legs that can be placed on the bottom of a mk2 or 1.25m part that are in an aerodynamic shell oriented nose to tail that unfold directly down. I would love to see a set of landing legs that unfold the same way landing gear do but do not have wheels. It just seems really odd to me that my shuttle that lands and takes off vertically has wheels, not landing legs. 

It would also be really cool to have rover wheel series that did the same, though I don't feel like that would fit in anywhere other than maybe the mining expansion.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Edited by Tinkman
Clarity

The superheavy leg was originally intended to be but one of several radial/podded landing gears/wheels/klaws to have heavier duty stuff to use with all the new heavy mining parts. Progress on them stopped back when the new wheel changes were implemented and I couldn't figure out the new voodoo they required.  That said, i would love to get them finished, so who knows? Perhaps the next Mining Extension update will have all sorts of new landing options.

12 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

The superheavy leg was originally intended to be but one of several radial/podded landing gears/wheels/klaws to have heavier duty stuff to use with all the new heavy mining parts. Progress on them stopped back when the new wheel changes were implemented and I couldn't figure out the new voodoo they required.  That said, i would love to get them finished, so who knows? Perhaps the next Mining Extension update will have all sorts of new landing options.

Thanks for the reply, and the amazing suite of mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Some wheely nice new toys to play with:
MH9Z07z.png
The superheavy leg now has a radial sibling, some wheeled landing gears (XL variant not shown) for vertical takeoff/landing ships/generally non-mobile bases that might need some mobility for alignment, and some deployable wheels for when you want a TR-2L that can fit into a fairing. Inline podded variants for those who want aerodynamic mining landers/superheavy aercraft gears.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have a  question about this mod. I'm trying to get the drills to drill for something other than Ore (such as Silicates or Minerals from MKS, for example). I saw that there was a MKS compatible MM inserted for this early on, but there's no option in-game to change what it drills for, whether in VAB or after launch (even with an engineer).

I did try adding Configurable Containers, which was suggested to use with this mod, but that didn't open any options either. I did find a post saying you can make it happen with OSE Workshop, but frankly I'm not understanding the connection there (if true).

I think I'm missing something obvious here but I'm not sure what it is. :/ Any tips, or is this restricted to Ore only? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay (curse you feature creep!). Version 1.1 is now up on SpaceDock and GitHub.
Changelog:

Spoiler

===========================================
KSP 1.9.x update
-New Part: Vertical landing Gear
-New part: Shrouded Vertical landing Gear
-New part: Deployable Rover Wheel
-New Part: Shrouded 1.25m Inline Deployable Wheel
-New Part: Shrouded 0.625m inline Deployable Wheel
-New Part: Radial Klaw
-New Part: Radial Superheavy landing leg
-New Part: Anchorable Docking Port
-New Part: Inflatable Asteroid Crew Can
-Superheavy Stack leg now has deploy sounds
-Adds Example Craft
-Restock Whitelist updated
-Various parts crash tolerance/bulkhead tags fixed

WM5MmII.png
Happy mining!

On 3/12/2020 at 3:13 AM, Tewa said:

Hello! I have a  question about this mod. I'm trying to get the drills to drill for something other than Ore (such as Silicates or Minerals from MKS, for example). I saw that there was a MKS compatible MM inserted for this early on, but there's no option in-game to change what it drills for, whether in VAB or after launch (even with an engineer).

I did try adding Configurable Containers, which was suggested to use with this mod, but that didn't open any options either. I did find a post saying you can make it happen with OSE Workshop, but frankly I'm not understanding the connection there (if true).

I think I'm missing something obvious here but I'm not sure what it is. :/ Any tips, or is this restricted to Ore only? Thanks.

By default, SMX drills will only harvest Ore. To mine other things requires a MM patch to change the drills to harvest those other things. If you want to mine MKS resources, you can try the MKS patch (third post on page 4 of this thread) which probably should still work, though its a few years old, so it might be out of date.
If I'm misreading your post and the issue instead is you already have the MKS MM patch from page 4 added to your game and drill options still aren't appearing, then the MKS patch will need updating. I have 0 experience with MKS, so the MKS thread might be the better place to ask for help.

I just tried installing in my 1.8.1 game, but it just crashes to desktop silently when I try start KSP. I reverted to 0.99.4 and it launched successfully again. The log just ended without an error when I checked it, but can try again and upload it anyway if you need.

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

I just tried installing in my 1.8.1 game, but it just crashes to desktop silently when I try start KSP. I reverted to 0.99.4 and it launched successfully again. The log just ended without an error when I checked it, but can try again and upload it anyway if you need.

Same here.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:20 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

The superheavy leg now has a radial sibling

My heavy lifters always needed this. And a single stage 450 tonn Tylo lander too.

CVLYbV4.png

oDcaxv8.png

8 hours ago, Rodger said:

Same problem here on 1.9.1.

Anyway I can see in the log that the last things KSP is trying to do are related to this mod...

<log file snip>

Edited by Geonovast
Removed wall of log

Crashing to desktop on load with this update on 1.9.1. I've done it 3 times in a row. Last thing in the KSP.LOG each time:

LOG 08:58:13.114] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/AsteroidHab/Model
[LOG 08:58:13.125] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/AsteroidPort/Model
[LOG 08:58:13.135] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineL
[WRN 08:58:13.135] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[LOG 08:58:13.142] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineS
[LOG 08:58:13.143] Cylinder, , m_Convex, UnityEngine.AnimationCurve

I delete the folder MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel and it loads normally.  I don't have time right now to troubleshoot this further, but maybe in a few hours.

25 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Crashing to desktop on load with this update on 1.9.1. I've done it 3 times in a row. Last thing in the KSP.LOG each time:

LOG 08:58:13.114] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/AsteroidHab/Model
[LOG 08:58:13.125] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/AsteroidPort/Model
[LOG 08:58:13.135] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineL
[LOG 08:58:13.142] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineS
[LOG 08:58:13.143] Cylinder, , m_Convex, UnityEngine.AnimationCurve

I delete the folder MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel and it loads normally.  I don't have time right now to troubleshoot this further, but maybe in a few hours.

I'm having the same issue.  Updated the mod, and it crashes. 

[LOG 09:27:29.501] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/FX/DriverPlume
[LOG 09:27:29.505] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/FX/MDCSPlume
[LOG 09:27:29.509] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/Assets/Mk2Drill
[LOG 09:27:29.517] Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/Assets/Size0SDrill
[ERR 09:27:29.518] Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported

Luckily, I zipped up the old directory before updating via ckan, and it is loading again.

Hello @sebas78, and welcome to the forum!

I have snipped the log file out of your post. Large walls of text like that can cause issues with some users, even if it's in a spoiler.

Please upload the file to a file sharing site, such as Google Drive or similar, and post the link to the file here.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Hello @sebas78, and welcome to the forum!

I have snipped the log file out of your post. Large walls of text like that can cause issues with some users, even if it's in a spoiler.

Please upload the file to a file sharing site, such as Google Drive or similar, and post the link to the file here.

Thank you!

Will do in the future. Thanks! 

Here's a full log where it crashes to desktop from a clean install with only this mod and Module Manager installed via ckan.

If I delete the model for MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineS.mu everything loads and I just get warnings for not being able compile the parts affected by the now missing model.

Adding D1-MR Deployable Wheel to a vessel throws multiple warnings and errors in the log:

Spoiler

[ERR 12:36:56.271] [ModuleWheelBase]: No transform called suspensionPivot found in Part hierarchy
[ERR 11:36:56.582] [ModuleWheelBase]: No transform called suspensionPivot found in Part hierarchy
[WRN 11:36:56.596] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "SMX.DeployableWheel/model/MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableWheelL(Clone)/DeployableWheel/BasePlate/Collider"
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "SMX.DeployableWheel/model/MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableWheelL(Clone)/DeployableWheel/BasePlate/Collider"
[LOG 11:36:57.603] SMX.DeployableWheel added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 11:36:57.603] SMX.DeployableWheel added to ship - part count: 3
[WRN 11:36:57.614] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Size1p5.Tank.04/SMX.DeployableWheel/model/MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableWheelL(Clone)/DeployableWheel/BasePlate/Collider"
[WRN 11:36:57.614] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Size1p5.Tank.04/SMX.DeployableWheel/model/MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableWheelL(Clone)/DeployableWheel/BasePlate/Collider"

All the other new landing gear legs throws at least one error when added to the craft:

[ERR 11:44:29.730] [ModuleWheelBase]: No transform called suspensionPivot found in Part hierarchy

The old StackLeg did not throw this error.

For the Radial Klaw the node_attach is incorrect. As is, it wants to attach the part perpendicular to the parent instead of parallel.  Please update it to the following.

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

As a suggestion, I would like to see a deployable heavy landing gear with a similar layout to the radial klaw. Something that adds some lateral distance as it deploys instead of deploying primarily straight down from it's attachment point. 

New parts are awesome. But one model causes a crash.

Load(Model): MiningExpansion/Parts/DeployableWheel/DeployableGearInlineS

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Cylinder, , m_Convex, UnityEngine.AnimationCurve

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Game loaded successfully after deleting DeployableGearInlineS.mu 

44 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Ok. That was an embarrassing messup on my part - teach me to make last-minute untested animation changes to parts. The offending wheel has been rebuilt, and a few other errors that have been brought up have also been corrected.
Lets try this again. SMX Update 1.1.1 - SpaceDock ; GitHub.

we've all done that - my worst is having to release x.x.x.0 then x.x.x.0.1 and then x.x.x.0.2 and finally x.x.x.0.3 all withing hours of each other. :o

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

Using your Mining expansion mod, no matter how much cooling I throw at the miniISRU, I can't get it to stop overheating. Any suggestions?

HeatTest.png

yes... using that radiator is ridiculous, but it was just a test.

Edited by TheKurgan

I think the mini isru converter’s core heat module doesn’t have the capability to use enough cooling to run 100%, just like the stock 1.25m isru converter. If you see on the part info in the VAB, it will say in the core heat module info how much W of cooling it requires (for a single converter to run), and how much W of cooling it was use. Iirc the 3.75m converter from this mod can use enough cooling to run two converters at once.

So I guess it’s just based on the fact the stock small converter can’t run full time. I don’t know why the stock converter is made that way though... maybe if it runs without an engineer on board the slower speed lets it run full time?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.