[1.10.x] Stockalike Mining Extension [1.1.5 Release 7/8/2020]

SuicidalInsanity

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  • It is: Restock may have broken some of the parts due to blacklisting stock texture files and that would've been fixed by now.
  • It is not: I hope you're not expecting these parts to use Restock's textures. That's never happening.

Ok yeah, I figured I would have to whitelist the Textures for it to work

17 hours ago, darthgently said:

I use both and they seem to play well

Good to know.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, kaputzz said:

Hello guys, can someone tell me if this mod is still functioning with current game version? CKAN says it is not! But it looks so good!! Any chance this was adopted by another modder at least? Cheers!

It works just fine. It's just parts. Generally, all mods since KSP 1.8 work just fine on any later version. Just tick the checkboxes for KSP versions back to 1.8 and you'll be fine. (Exceptions may exist but are unlikely.)

11 hours ago, kaputzz said:

Hello guys, can someone tell me if this mod is still functioning with current game version? CKAN says it is not! But it looks so good!! Any chance this was adopted by another modder at least? Cheers!

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It works just fine. It's just parts. Generally, all mods since KSP 1.8 work just fine on any later version. Just tick the checkboxes for KSP versions back to 1.8 and you'll be fine. (Exceptions may exist but are unlikely.)

The mass drivers may have some issues around textures from when the stock part refresh occurred (these used the old mainsail texture) refresh but the parts themselves work fine!

Thanks to both of you! It's the second time I'm advised to change compatibility to 1.8 on ckan...

But 1.8 was so long ago, I would think the authors or someone would have "flagged" it correctly as compatible to current version.. Is that on CKAN side or Mods side?

Doesn't it mean the mod no longer has someone supporting it?  

Thanks again!

@kaputzz It's on you, the user, to set your CKAN to allow mods from as far back as 1.8. It's an established situation but it's not within the CKAN dev's scope to override version compatibilities on mods like this. It then becomes their problem if someone encounters a mod from that far back that does break. Technically, this mod is finished (and it's just parts and doesn't use anything fancy) so it doesn't need maintenance and generally will never break. If it breaks then that's the effect of another mod such as Restock which causes stock assets to no longer be read. Also, at the time the mod was last finished, it wouldn't be known how far ahead KSP was going to go in version numbers, and while KSP was still being developed there was always a good chance that a new KSP version would break things in some surprising (and sometimes horrific) way, so it was a gamble to mark your mod as compatible with later versions. KSP is done now so there's no more threat of that. But this mod is also done, and is among the simplest kinds so there's no more need to update it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.