Robotic Miner 1.0.5 (1028)

Mikki

ROBOTIC MINER 1.0.5 (1028)
Credit belongs to "sirkut", developer of IR,"ZodiusInfuser" for the model rework, "Ziw" for the sequencer API, and many others working on this great mod!

YouTube 3:08 minutes, with some electro
https://youtu.be/20Y2SX6UIr4

I share a "simple" fourlegged robotic miner with some well functional movement sequences, you need the newest IR alpha releases, Model Rework and finally the Sequencer API mod from sirkuts MAGIC SMOKE INDUSTRIES INFERNAL ROBOTICS MOD
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&do=findComment&comment=887203

Please read the proper use of this mod for yourself, i won`t answer any question about how to use the sequencer API properly.
But you can play around it and find out for yourself how difficult it is making a robot actually walk and move.

(Maybe you need KJR aswell, i refuse to play KSP at all without this mod...:wink:)

Dropbox download, this craft needs the ASTEROID DAY MOD from SQUAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7hiobks1h3gf4y/ROBOTIC MINER.craft?dl=0

Dropbox download all stock solar panels:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rnvduwz1yanfvy/ROBOTIC MINER stock panels.craft?dl=0

Dropbox download, this is the ROBOTIC MINER CREW from the video above, with some additional gears, heavy tweaked sequences`s, stock parts:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/84r8k7nkhk55ubd/ROBOTIC MINER CREW.craft?dl=0

What can it do and how to use?

• First, the actiongroups are linked to the sequences, example hit 9 and the robot sits down.
    Hit 8 and the robot stands up again, ready for walking.
  • Engage SAS at light torque and hit 7, the robot starts to walk nicely straight ahead.
  • You can make turns by using A,D or even engage ORBIT prograde, retrograde, normal and antinormal, the robot will turn on his own and quite safe to the desired direction (East, West, North or South)
    Additionally you can while maneuvering press the ORBIT hold heading button at any given direction to move on straight and level.
  • It can walk downhill and uphill, test this with engaged ORBIT normal/ antinormal commands along the landingstrip!
  • It sucks alot of charge, engage the fuelcells before running it first, or it will not move longer than a minute!!!
  • Drill for ore around the KSC to supply the (truly humongous :0.0:) energyuse.
  • The grip on tarmac is good, the grip on grass is greater, explore yourself other grounds if you dare!
  • Engage "gear" to retract the feet, you can recover the robot after tipping to the side or back with "0, gear, SAS full torque, Q or E, this rolls you back to level and you can move on!
  • By frequently resetting the SAS to the horizonline at the desired direction it moves safely on his own.
  • Give commands yourself by keyboards A or D while engaged light torque SAS

Explore KSC by "the cool"!

HAPPY WALKING! :D

zpsU07A.png

HiqH9vX.png

vo2Ozpa.png

7zEKuTO.png

Edited by Mikki
stuff:D, majors to minors in title, spell:D, adjusted spectrum for the colorblind, API...8D

54 minutes ago, Darren9 said:

I just went back to the IR thread to check if you'd put the .craft file up yet. It looks fantastic, unfortunately I couldn't load it with "LgRadialSolarPanel" part missing, is that from a different parts pack?

@Darren9

Hi Darren9, its the ASTEROID DAYS MOD from SQUAD!

I forgot to tell about it, i will upload the craft again with all stock solarpanels!!! Thanks for your advice and sorry the inconvenience!

DONE!

Edited by Mikki
stockpanels

Thanks, that was something I removed a while back to make room for other things. He's a bit wobbly in Kerbin gravity :) it's a shame the IR joints can't be a bit stronger. I like the movement though - A "simple" walker doesn't really cover it.

1 hour ago, Darren9 said:

Thanks, that was something I removed a while back to make room for other things. He's a bit wobbly in Kerbin gravity :) it's a shame the IR joints can't be a bit stronger. I like the movement though - A "simple" walker doesn't really cover it.

@Darren9

Yes, it is a rather complicated system: this one can walk at about 1.6 meters a second average speed, and i removed a API i made which made it nearly run with average 2.4 meters a second straight on tarmac... when you start to tweak the system you will discover that it is actually very difficult what i made here...

Some joints are static in this provided "WALK" API, but you can tweak many things to neutralize nearly any wobble...!

There are indefinite ways to change timing and angles.

I made one that carries 18 tons on Kerbin at 2.1 meters a second, turning on all ground with light SAS torque :wink:!

Edited by Mikki
typo8O

2 hours ago, MKellerBR said:

Can you place a Video showing it?

@MKellerBR

Yes, along the weekend will i try to post a video, and i will put in a heavy tweaked example Miner with four different gears forward, it`s  mere fun! Patience please :). I made a walk 1 hour 10 minutes in top gear, 18.7 tons at start, four large fuelcells,... fueltank depleted... :0.0:

It is "uneconomic" :rolleyes:

Edited by Mikki

On 21.1.2016 at 8:58 AM, Dr.K Kerbal said:

Oh My Goodness! What Mod are you using?

Hello there, look here (the sequencer is further below mentioned in the credits aside @Ziw)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&do=findComment&comment=887203

Sorry, didn`t see your post!

1 hour ago, Mikki said:

VIDEO is up, can a MOD embed this thing directly in a window somehow? Can`t get it to work, thanks alot...

Added vessel from video for download :wink:

Congratulations! You have made an incredible job!
As soon as I solve some problems of other mods, I will test your creation!

18 minutes ago, Ziw said:

These are some LONG sequences you got there :) Now you should learn a bit of kOS and write a program for your robot, it is not that hard.

Nice robot :)

Cheers!

We used to say "API" to some handwritten/altered industrial programs since many years, i actually know it`s the wrong term..., removed  :)

3 hours ago, Mikki said:

We used to say "API" to some handwritten/altered industrial programs since many years, i actually know it`s the wrong term..., removed  :)

BTW I'm accepting suggestions on things you'd like to see in Sequencer - feel free to post in the thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.