How could we provide more of a challenge to KSP?

I really love KSP as a somewhat realistic space sim but I would love for it to be taken a little further. One of my favorite games has to be Fallout New Vegas and yes you can say the mojave desert was bland at times but what it did bring into the equation was hardcore mode. It is a mode in which you have to monitor your hydration and food levels and if you fail to do so you die. Maybe KSP could have an equivalent in which you have to look at how much oxygen, food and water you have left in order to make sure your little kerbals are ok. Although, I think this would have more of an effect when the kerbalnaught training centre is introduced and the desire to keep hold of your best kerbalnaughts is more prevalent. Also if this was implemented there would be another reason for docking in order to make sure your space station does not run out of its necessities. Also if you really wanted to be a puritan the camera could be locked to the cabin for landings.

There\'s also the fact that the game is far from done. I\'d suggest waiting until campaign mode is added before talking about difficulty, since currently the only difficulty available to us is in designing and piloting our crafts.

Yeah, the Zoxygene plugin is fun. Also the big changer is when costs and missions come into play. On the planned list is specific crew things so the need to do excursions, interceptions, etc. Possible time limits, who knows all what.

Having food, oxygen and water would make it obviously tough to just have your random craft orbit a celestial body infinently, but if that were implemented, it might also bring soe new key parts to your craft, things like water recycling(?), some sort of onboard farm, and something for the air.

Having food, oxygen and water would make it obviously tough to just have your random craft orbit a celestial body infinently, but if that were implemented, it might also bring soe new key parts to your craft, things like water recycling(?), some sort of onboard farm, and something for the air.

Things that would add more mass, changing how we build the rockets. Delicious!

Water Recycling Module, Hydroponics Lab, and CO2 Scrubber (or whatever the Kerbal version would be)?

• 3 weeks later...

Fellas, fellas.

Plants consume CO2 and output oxygen. The hydroponics module would serve double-duty.

Which would make us have to have enough hydroponics modules to handle the (ZO2?) load. :)

There could be different types of modules with differ amounts of plant matter which would be displayed like fuel mass.

Or if the hydroponics was not intended for food in a certain mission, but was for a scientific purpose like studying plant growth in 0 Gs, we can add a small hydroponics lab module along with a ZO2 filter. :D

Possible time limits

I really hate games with Time Limits. I\'m okay with Oxygen Levels, pressurization, mechanical failures, etc.. but please do not time me when doing something. I hope they don\'t have Time Limit events, if they do they should have an option to do it without one, so we don\'t miss out on fun things just because some of us hate a time limit on things. It gets very frustrating when you finish it .01 too late.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.